Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paper work can be brutal. Practice makes perfect. Collaring can be challenging. In the academy they didn't teach us much when it came to real world experience. If PD academy wasn't that hands on I can't be mad at the other fellas. All I know is matter of time I run into a cuny on a car stop.

Comment

My buddy is otj with cuny public safety, and I told him this story he explained to me the liberals in charge of the school hate guns and won't allow any on or off duty Leo on to their campuses unless they are on officials duty. And if they do let someone on and a boss finds out they will have a CD brought against them. He strongly hates this policy and doesn't want to enforce it but also doesn't want to jeprodize his career. They have been pushing there selfs to be armed, the admin will not let them because guns are evil mass murdering machines.

Comment

Originally posted by Differ View Post
        My buddy is otj with cuny public safety, and I told him this story he explained to me the liberals in charge of the school hate guns and won't allow any on or off duty Leo on to their campuses unless they are on officials duty. And if they do let someone on and a boss finds out they will have a CD brought against them. He strongly hates this policy and doesn't want to enforce it but also doesn't want to jeprodize his career. They have been pushing there selfs to be armed, the admin will not let them because guns are evil mass murdering machines.
        I understand policies and procedures. I would hate to see him get a CD, trust me I have gotten plenty. When we do car stops do we write every person we stop? No. As an officer you know the law and you can be human. There are major rule violation and there are minor rule violation. Do we arrest everyone and their mother...No(unless its domestic/we will cross complaint the shyyt out of you.) I was upset left me with a bad taste in my mouth. After standing on foot for 12 hours thats the last experience I needed. I personally hate details in Manhattan. Between Inspections, Work environment, and other bosses it can be a rough day. To be this was something so small and something so human to do. I would have given the shirt of my back to him. Taking a **** is mother nature. On impact I have used the bathroom is places that you would not step in but we did it because it was necessary. Policies are one thing but common courtesy goes along way. I did active shooting training the other day and honestly god forbid if a scenario does happen I wouldn't hesitate to go in there. I know most CUNY does not carry unless you are at different campuses. Lehman college, Hostos, Brooklyn College and maybe more out there that does have armed officers. I am just stating my feeling. To me it was wrong to not let someone use the bathroom especially an on duty police officer.

I am glad Homeless shelter police is able to get over our channels and mark jobs. From my understanding once a job comes over 911 PD has to go regardless. But hey if it goes over and you guys catch it and mark it then thanks.
        We got a homeless shelter and on a busy night they give us hell.

Comment

Any time I got a call for a job in a facility where they had their own law enforcement I would roll up and Inform the nearest Law enforcement officer of the call and the details I would offer to back them up otherwise I would finalize the job and leave. Too many times did I get on the scene and have these guys disappear and got left holding the bag. But in their defense we have our share of jerk offs.

Comment

Originally posted by differ View Post
            my buddy is otj with cuny public safety, and i told him this story he explained to me the liberals in charge of the school hate guns and won't allow any on or off duty leo on to their campuses unless they are on officials duty. And if they do let someone on and a boss finds out they will have a cd brought against them. He strongly hates this policy and doesn't want to enforce it but also doesn't want to jeprodize his career. They have been pushing there selfs to be armed, the admin will not let them because guns are evil mass murdering machines.
            that is total bs, do you have any idea of how many off duty law enforcement officers are walking on these campuses carrying a firearm. I dont think there boss is going to throw out all these leo students off campus, he would have a riot on his hands

Comment

Originally posted by shakeboxx View Post
              I understand policies and procedures. I would hate to see him get a CD, trust me I have gotten plenty. When we do car stops do we write every person we stop? No. As an officer you know the law and you can be human. There are major rule violation and there are minor rule violation. Do we arrest everyone and their mother...No(unless its domestic/we will cross complaint the shyyt out of you.) I was upset left me with a bad taste in my mouth. After standing on foot for 12 hours thats the last experience I needed. I personally hate details in Manhattan. Between Inspections, Work environment, and other bosses it can be a rough day. To be this was something so small and something so human to do. I would have given the shirt of my back to him. Taking a **** is mother nature. On impact I have used the bathroom is places that you would not step in but we did it because it was necessary. Policies are one thing but common courtesy goes along way. I did active shooting training the other day and honestly god forbid if a scenario does happen I wouldn't hesitate to go in there. I know most CUNY does not carry unless you are at different campuses. Lehman college, Hostos, Brooklyn College and maybe more out there that does have armed officers. I am just stating my feeling. To me it was wrong to not let someone use the bathroom especially an on duty police officer.

I am glad Homeless shelter police is able to get over our channels and mark jobs. From my understanding once a job comes over 911 PD has to go regardless. But hey if it goes over and you guys catch it and mark it then thanks.
              We got a homeless shelter and on a busy night they give us hell.

Sounds like the area around the college is a great place to write tags.

Comment

Originally posted by wo 150 View Post
                that is total bs, do you have any idea of how many off duty law enforcement officers are walking on these campuses carrying a firearm. I dont think there boss is going to throw out all these leo students off campus, he would have a riot on his hands
                I go to john jay everyone there got a piece. Everyone and their mother is in there with a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by shakeboxx View Post
                  So one day I was working detail in Manhattan and had to use the bathroom really really really bad. I saw BMCC and a dark blue uniform. So I asked my fellow Leo brother "Hey how you doing, May I please use the bathroom?" The dude told me no. He really told me no I can not go inside because I have a gun. The university policy is no guns. Full blown on duty police officer could not use bathroom. I wont lie to you that really hurt my feelings. Every time I pee now I think of that guy. I must say I am still hurt.
                  I graduated from John Jay close to two years now. I was surrounded by guns from off duty MOS every class, every semester. What can you do about liberal mentality anyway I guess.

Comment

Its a shame how its up to the college President to decide whether to arm Peace officers or not. Nowadays so many shootings in schools. Our SUNY Police counterparts are armed but not city. They will change their mind when a shooting happens but that's how it always happens. Too much politics

Comment

Originally posted by SO911 View Post
                      Its a shame how its up to the college President to decide whether to arm Peace officers or not. Nowadays so many shootings in schools. Our SUNY Police counterparts are armed but not city. They will change their mind when a shooting happens but that's how it always happens. Too much politics
                      Some people will say it's because they will have to raise the pay because they're arming them and on top of that many people will not qualify to carry a firearm because of their psychological standing or whatever ( yes I've seen that on here or at least a long the lines especially in the special officer thread that Im mainly in ). Here's how I see it. Every law enforcement officer should have a firearm regardless of pay or what your title is or even if your job doesnt need it still just because. Once you become law enforcement you become a target. I may not be a law enforcement officer and the job Im going for may not have it either which Im perfectly fine with but I heard a story that before one officer was almost followed to his house for this agency and shot in the hand luckily and thats for Dept of Homeless Services. If it was me? I would want to be able to carry a firearm at least off duty after that incident and also pay for it myself and/or not even take a pay raise.

Comment

Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
                        Some people will say it's because they will have to raise the pay because they're arming them and on top of that many people will not qualify to carry a firearm because of their psychological standing or whatever ( yes I've seen that on here or at least a long the lines especially in the special officer thread that Im mainly in ). Here's how I see it. Every law enforcement officer should have a firearm regardless of pay or what your title is or even if your job doesnt need it still just because. Once you become law enforcement you become a target. I may not be a law enforcement officer and the job Im going for may not have it either which Im perfectly fine with but I heard a story that before one officer was almost followed to his house for this agency and shot in the hand luckily and thats for Dept of Homeless Services. If it was me? I would want to be able to carry a firearm at least off duty after that incident and also pay for it myself and/or not even take a pay raise.
                        Guns after the Blasio administration and the way the roads is heading I be lucky if I even get to carry a flashlight. I might blind a person with my flashlight.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5632 users online. 343 members and 5289 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X