300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD "Wallet"

To my NYPD brothers, stupid question but was at a few NYC buff shops recently and saw shield and ID wallets that had a chrome metal chain attached to them. Almost like the the biker look that attaches wallet to belt. Is that wallet for a specific job function or purpose?

Thanks

So you don't lose ID card. Some use it some dont (in uniform). Most times you won't see it under gun belt anyhow if they are wearing it. Not required though.

Comment

It was big years ago when many off duty guys kept their shield and ID card in that wallet with chain, basically so their pocket wouldn't be picked.
      I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

When I went to the academy that was the required way to carry your work I.D.

Comment

NYPD has no formal proceedure in place mandating what you carry your shield and ID in when off duty, other than you should (insert common sense here) safeguard them.

Before ditching the bag (uniform) and becoming a detective, I never carried ANY ID on my person when in uniform. I left the station house in the bag with a few bucks in my pocket, shield on my shirt and my gun belt. Not even my license, nothing that could be lost.
          Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3104 users online. 137 members and 2967 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X