300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leave from Military while in Police Academy

I'm currently in State OCS with the Army National Guard and I'm going to be in the SCPD academy soon. Does anyone know if I can take a leave of absence while I'm in the academy and how I can go about doing it? The reason I have to take a leave is because of the many MUTA 6 they do and the annual training which will conflict with the academy.

Congrats and thank you for your doing what you are doing with the NYANG.

Your best bet is to talk to your cadre or the commander of the training unit at the OCS (or the S-1) to see if they would allow you to continue your training at later date.

Good luck!

Comment

You can't take LOA in the Academy. There is no way to make up missed classes.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I took a leave of absence from reserve drills when I was in the academy and skipped out of annual training also. It helps that my unit is full of police,correctional officers, and firefighters and my 1st Sgt is a cop himself so it was easy for me. But just talk to your unit leadership. They have civilian jobs so they should understand. I had to coordinate with them to make up all the time I missed out on after I graduated. You cannot miss the academy for annual training if you want to graduate. As CCCSD said, there is no way you can make up all the classes you will miss and that will affect your chances of graduating. If you're willing to wait, you can ask your dept to put you in the next academy class but thats up to you. I personally wanted to get the academy out of the way. Waited too long to get there.

Comment

I am currently stuck in the same situation. My IRR packet was turned down, and I am not being allowed to RST my drills. So hopefully you have better luck lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6354 users online. 370 members and 5984 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X