300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Withdrawing from process?

G'morning everyone, I've got a question I'm hoping someone will have some knowledge on.

In order to start the process, 45 college credits are required. I'm currently at 38, but will have a total of 51 come this December when the semester is over. My APD-5 deadline is October 31st. From what I've been told over an e-mail with somebody from the APD, I should withdraw from the process because I don't meet the credit requirement.

I don't know much about withdrawing and its effects. If I should do so, would I be able to reopen my case once I meet the requirement? Would withdrawing have any detrimental effects in continuing on through the process once reopened (as in, how long would I get called for the pre-hire interview in relationship to others who've taken exam 3311)?

I've been in contact with the APD but getting hold of them is hit and miss... mainly miss, so I was hoping somebody here could shed some light.

Appreciate any help!
    "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch out after you wear them awhile."

Originally posted by honestabels View Post
    G'morning everyone, I've got a question I'm hoping someone will have some knowledge on.

In order to start the process, 45 college credits are required. I'm currently at 38, but will have a total of 51 come this December when the semester is over. My APD-5 deadline is October 31st. From what I've been told over an e-mail with somebody from the APD, I should withdraw from the process because I don't meet the credit requirement.

I don't know much about withdrawing and its effects. If I should do so, would I be able to reopen my case once I meet the requirement? Would withdrawing have any detrimental effects in continuing on through the process once reopened (as in, how long would I get called for the pre-hire interview in relationship to others who've taken exam 3311)?

I've been in contact with the APD but getting hold of them is hit and miss... mainly miss, so I was hoping somebody here could shed some light.

Appreciate any help!
    i got a solution to your problem *cough* Fema Credits *cough* Research it
    NYPD Exam #3310: September, 2012
    List: 5XXX: May 2013
    APD 5 - 11/14/14
    Medical - 1/12/15 (Passed )
    Written Psych - 3/3/15 (Completed)
    Oral Psych - 2/4/15
    BI Interview - 5/6/15
    New York State Trooper Exam: October 26, 2013
    Score: 95+
    February 13, 2014 Rank: 1xxxx

CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst Exam): Dec 2014
    Status - Currently Going for Round 2?

Comment

Defer the process

Comment

You do not need the 45credits until you go for your intitial medical . You need to satisify the 60 credit requirement by time of appointment into the academy . In some cases you if you have the proper paperwork showing you will have 60 credits by time of appointment then they can continue in the process .
        NYPD EXAM 3308
        List Numer
        APD 5- Completed
        Initial Medical - Completed
        Psych Written- completed
        JST- Completed
        BI Interview - Completed
        Mini Med - Completed
        July 2015 acadamy here I come

Comment

i dealt with the samething. You could either go get these credits thru fema or call the processing center and tell them to put a hold on your exam until you reach your 60 credits. you'll give them a call to reopen the exam and continue the process, just as i did, the process was done in matter of months.

Comment

Educational hold. Easy.
            Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3212 users online. 179 members and 3033 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X