Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash Test
    commented on 's reply
    Some people don't meet the age requirement max of 35 and then you have people that do not meet the 60 college credit or military requirement of 2 years of active duty service.

• ZooKeeperOEF
    commented on 's reply
    Why not just take the MTA PD test if you want to be a police officer?

• HighwayBob
    commented on 's reply
    You're engaging in useless speculation. There will be no merger. If anything BTO's would have to go through the same screening/hiring and training process as a civilian.

We have at least one former BTO on our job and his time did not count - it cannot be transferred into our pension system. He also had peace officer time with CUNY and that didn't count either.

New hires can only transfer their time in from two pension systems - NYPD and NYS P&F

• HighwayBob
    commented on 's reply
    It's right there in your post - "Police". Just like LIRR PD merged with MNRR PD. Bridge and Tunnel Officers are not police officers. The minimum training requirements for police officers and peace officers are not the same.

• Crash Test
    commented on 's reply
    Uh Bob..... SIRTOA PD ( Staten Island Railway Operating Authority Police ) were merged into the MTA PD. Can you explain how that happened or at least explain why you say bridge and tunnel officers can't be merged in to MTA PD ?

• Crash Test
    commented on 's reply
    Dinosaur32 I had a few questions that I'm sure you can answer. Can I PM you the questions?

• Crash Test
    replied
    I know a few people that got hired as MTA Police Officers straight off the street with no law enforcement experience. They only allow you to get credit for prior Police service after 15 years of service with the MTAPD. I wonder how they will work that out if they merge Bridge and Tunnel into MTAPD. Would they accept the Bridge and Tunnel Officer time up front or make them work 15 years before they could get credit for prior service? Technically it's not prior Police service but it is time in the MTA.

Leave a comment:

• HighwayBob
    commented on 's reply
    Very doubtful. They'd rather hire rollovers from other police jobs.

Time will tell. I'm sure people will be posting here when they get called for further processing.

• Dinosaur32
    replied
    The merger can happen. Proper legislation can be addressed in the legislature. Additional, as needed, training can be provided to BTOs.

Leave a comment:

• HighwayBob
    replied
    They can't be merged with MTAPD because they are not police officers.

What false facts are you referring to, genius?

Leave a comment:

• Magic_Wealthy
    commented on 's reply
    I don't even know why you replied to him. Apparently he's here keeping tabs on this job thats "going nowhere" just as much as we are. He's on the MTA police forum talking wild over there too. Spreading false facts.

• Crash Test
    replied
    Yup I really do want to get hired for this job that's going nowhere! Sign me up right away buddy. It's way better than where I work now plus I'd go from 25\55 to 20\50 retirement, If they get rid of the position they'll work something out like leaving the BTO's there until they can retire, merging them into the MTA POLICE or maybe even offering early retirement buyouts but I don't see them just saying " Thanks for your service, now scram suckers " .

Leave a comment:

• Crash Test
    commented on 's reply
    Sign me up for that lawsuit! Where did you find that information? I searched for it online to do research on the case but I can't find it.
    Last edited by Crash Test; 10-15-2019, 08:48 PM.

• HighwayBob
    replied
    There has to be a bit more to it than that. I don't know. There's no law that I know of that mandates hiring simply because a list is out there. Like I said SCPD did it that way in '96. We'll see, but I would be very surprised if anyone got hired for TBTA after 10+ years of stagnation.

And do you really want to get hired for a job that's going nowhere?

Leave a comment:

• CO HOPEFUL
    replied
    When the mta didn’t hire enough people from the last conductor exam, candidates filed a lawsuit and forced the mta to hire a lot of conductors off the list .

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8682 users online. 459 members and 8223 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X