Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gbotj
    replied
    Robert is a moron.. I'll take my high school diploma and store it right next to my $130k+ a year W2's all for working 3 12 hour tours a week being a lowly tbta guy..
    Hey Rob, good luck helping me out in the course of your duties like we did for you..cause I find myself in the middle of federal investigations all the time *sigh*.
    the innacuracies on this thread are ridiculous. We continue to run all of our facilities just like we used to, NYSP assigns 1 car to the bridge to sit in a high visibility spot..just to **** off deblasio.

Leave a comment:

• Dinosaur32
    replied
    I will stand by my post that your comments were uneducated. You obviously do not understand the nature of the Peace Officer titles in New York State. By the way, since you brought up the subject of warrants, feds cannot arrest with a state court issued warrant in their face, unless the local police assist. You are correct in that BTOs cannot arrest on the warrant....but they usually learn of the warrant after they have made a stop for a separate infraction. Sounds like good POLICE work to me.

Leave a comment:

• NoHwyAvailable
    replied
    Wow Robert. I'm sorry for your bitterness and animosity towards a particular group of law enforcement officers. It's a surprising attitude coming from a federal officer/agent. Most Fed's that I have had the pleasure of interacting with were humble professionals.

But maybe that's because I have a similar degree like yours hanging on my wall as well. Along with my countless certificates from military service. Maybe that's why they were professional and not narcissistic. No, I don't think that's it either. Maybe it was the mutual respect we showed each other for our professions.

Six months away at FLETC is a sacrifice. No doubt. So are deployments all over the world. Years at a clip at times. But that doesn't matter. It was what I volunteered to do and wouldn't take it back for anything in the world.

Maybe I had you on a vehicle stop. I probably showed you courtesy and cut a break. Why? Because I am a professional. All we (good guys) have out here is us, and yes a few good citizens.

I wish you well sir. I have no animosity towards you or your opinions. Yes, your opinions. I am sure that those opinions and comments are not reflective of your respective agency.

I will perform my job, whether I am a peace officer, police officer or whatever other title or classification they come up with, with utmost pride and dedication.

Sincerely, a proud Bridge & Tunnel Officer.

Leave a comment:

• Robert_212
    replied
    Originally posted by CloudPuncher View Post
    Robert, you must have slept through English 101 and Ethics class. Dinosaur32 is a respected member of these forums and he knows what he's talking about. All Feds are peace officers in NYC. When you have a collar you take him to the local precinct. You ask that desk Sgt for a pedigree card, you use their computers. You are in PD's house so slow your role. If you think BTOs can't arrest without a warrant, you should test that theory yourself and see what happens. It's people like you that give law enforcement a bad name and make other agencies not want to give a courtesy because that's just what it is, a COURTESY, not a guarantee. They only let you go because it's not worth the headache. Your ignorance and arrogance is astonishing and it will catch up with you eventually.

Where's CCCSD when you need him?
    another moron on this forum..i said arrest a person with an ACTIVE WARRANT..not without a warrant..read before you jump on this thread and make a fool of yourself..

Leave a comment:

• Anti-crime
    replied
    Originally posted by CloudPuncher View Post
    Robert, you must have slept through English 101 and Ethics class. Dinosaur32 is a respected member of these forums and he knows what he's talking about. All Feds are peace officers in NYC. When you have a collar you take him to the local precinct. You ask that desk Sgt for a pedigree card, you use their computers. You are in PD's house so slow your role. If you think BTOs can't arrest without a warrant, you should test that theory yourself and see what happens. It's people like you that give law enforcement a bad name and make other agencies not want to give a courtesy because that's just what it is, a COURTESY, not a guarantee. They only let you go because it's not worth the headache. Your ignorance and arrogance is astonishing and it will catch up with you eventually.

I was thinking the same

Leave a comment:

• CloudPuncher
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Robert_212
    replied
    Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
    You are so wrong, it is laughable. I suggest you read the NYS CPL Sect 140 on arrests by Peace Officers. And, obviously you are claiming to a Fed, an uneducated one, but a Fed. Please note that all State level LEOs are governed by LEOSA when it comes to interstate travel. BTOs have long carried out their mission without assistance from other agencies. What you are witnessing is another skirmish in the battle for dominance between Cuomo and DeBlasio.
    very immature on your behalf, can't go around saying that i am uneducated when i'm looking at my SUNY degree hanging on my wall as i reply to you. dont care about NYS CPL 140. i"m refering to BTOs. they can't arrest a person with a warrant (FACT) thats why they have a bill sitting in the senate so they can get granted police status (which won't happen) so the can fully perform their duties. and yes i am claiming to be a FED and a proud one at that wouldn't change it for no peace officer job nor at a city or state level. bet your incompetent self dont even have the qualifications or capacity of becoming a FED. bet you can't even handle a 6 month academy away from home. bet you are one of those with a high school and some college individual holding a peace officer job because i'm sure you not a POLICE OFFICER guaranteed. can't forget when that BTO pulled me over at the Whitestone doing 73 and apologizing after seeing my creds and Gold badge "sorry sir, you have a nice day". LOVED IT (not saying am above the law) but sure love the respect.
    Last edited by Robert_212; 02-05-2017, 02:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dinosaur32
    replied
    You are so wrong, it is laughable. I suggest you read the NYS CPL Sect 140 on arrests by Peace Officers. And, obviously you are claiming to a Fed, an uneducated one, but a Fed. Please note that all State level LEOs are governed by LEOSA when it comes to interstate travel. BTOs have long carried out their mission without assistance from other agencies. What you are witnessing is another skirmish in the battle for dominance between Cuomo and DeBlasio.

Leave a comment:

• Robert_212
    replied
    Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
    Robert....A couple of points, first all LEOs carry a firearm at the discretion of the agency, even on duty., and that includes Police Officers. Second, as Peace Officers, BTOs are "full" law enforcement Officers. Having the word police on a uniform does not determine one's LE status. Posting these inaccuracies does not establish any credibility as a poster.
    at the end of the day BTOs are peace officers, just like hospital police, park rangers, Co-op police, BTOs can't even arrest someone with a warrant in their face without having to call local PD. can't even travel across state line with their firearms without LEOSA (me on the other hand) dont need LEOSA to carry across the nation. (but again am at a different ballgame). can't knock BTOs for their job. been stopped twice by them. once they seen my creds and gold badge, down the road i've gone. at least they've shown curtessy as i would also if i encounter one of them while performing my job duties. after seeing them get reenforced by NYS police, show me that this agency can't carry out their mission on their own. in my opinion this agency should had been a full blown law enforcement agency by now, another reason why i believe this BTO job will be phasing out soon. wouldn't be surprised knowing their back bone is toll collecting, they turn them BTOs to station agents at train stations around the boroughs. But let see, i MIGHT consider going through their 12 week training just to compare it to my 6 month academy at FLETC if they ever call me.

Leave a comment:

• Dinosaur32
    replied
    Robert....A couple of points, first all LEOs carry a firearm at the discretion of the agency, even on duty., and that includes Police Officers. Second, as Peace Officers, BTOs are "full" law enforcement Officers. Having the word police on a uniform does not determine one's LE status. Posting these inaccuracies does not establish any credibility as a poster.

Leave a comment:

• Robert_212
    replied
    I wonder if BTO are going to change their uniform to NYS police as well...that new car painting is just giving BTOs a big hype...at the end of the day they only peace officers. Cuomo not even recognizing BTOs as police officers nor full law enforcement Personel. No where in their uniform they have the word POLICE on them. They carry off duty at the discretion of the agency. They should just hurry up and get rid of them and end the hope for the 90 percent of high school and GED only applicants the chance of carrying a gun...because at the end of the day, most people persuing this job only see it as a chance of being able to have a gun with only high school and GED diploma..bet half of these aplicant wont even meet the requirements to become a real police officer..

Leave a comment:

• WILLDOGS
    replied
    Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
    Here is part of cuomos plan
    Saw this in action coming over the Henry Hudson yesterday afternoon. No less than 2 Trooper Cars and 3 TBTA cars (with new paint) on the shoulders before and after the bridge looking out for speeders and standing by with two huge sand filled trucks to create a road block if needed.

Biggest law enforcement presence I've ever seen at this crossing.

Leave a comment:

• CO HOPEFUL
    replied
    Here is part of cuomos plan

Leave a comment:

• WILLDOGS
    replied
    Originally posted by TLTECH View Post
    I spoke to a TBTA Sargent on duty Friday morning and she states she believes they are trying to get rid of the BTO's. It sure seems that way. I saw more NYS Police and National Guard at the crossing than BTO's unfortunately.
    I called this many pages back, yet people are in denial. I cross multiple crossings a day and I see more troppers (actual troopers not just the re-painted cars) than BTO's. Really wish the old regulars on here that are actually on the job would chime in to give an update.

Leave a comment:

• TLTECH
    replied
    I spoke to a TBTA Sargent on duty Friday morning and she states she believes they are trying to get rid of the BTO's. It sure seems that way. I saw more NYS Police and National Guard at the crossing than BTO's unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8482 users online. 343 members and 8139 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X