300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bk_3000 View Post
    Magic, you carry your time over towards the end, so them 4 years will help you. I'm also a Bus operator for transit, brooklyn division. like everyone else mentioned i would definitely let them know about the arrest and outcome, don't give them a reason.
    The time counts on the front end , not on the back end .

Comment

• Originally posted by magic_wealthy View Post
      hey everyone. So i come on here, read, gather information and make the best of it. Kudos to everyone.

So for those of you who don't remember me, i am the bus operator (4 years in now) who got 2 wrong on 5606. I'm pretty excited about this gig and i cant wait.....hopefully i get called in first or second batch. I've been driving for mta now for 4 years and i was driving fr greyhound or 4 years prior to that. Just tired of the whole driving for a living thing. I'll be 30 in september so the 20/50 would be perfect for me if i got in with tbta.

I was driving through the midtown tunnel last week and there was some slight traffic in the ezpass land. I got to chat with one of the btos just to get some insight. One thing i recall is when i asked him how was the overtime at the midtown tunnel, and hos reply was "awwww man are you kidding me?! Do you wanna work right now?? I'll give you my uniform and you can work right now!". Lol.
      He said overtime is off the chain.

So i have two questions for you guys.

1. According to my reading, btos dont have police status. What would be difference if they did? They can still carry on or off duty. And make arrest on or off duty right? Or it has nothing to do with that?? More jurisdiction?? What is it?

2. I got arrested for the first time in my life back in march (over some nonsense, believe me when i tell you!). Long story short, i forked out some money for a lawyer and last week when e wen to court, the outcome was that i got acd. I think thats the 3 letter code for it. Basically i just dont get arrested for 6 months, and the arrest and everything disappears. So there is no misdemeanor or felony involved here. Will this affect my chances with tbta? 6 months will be december 24th.....so lets say i got called for tbta in mid november, do i still mention that i got arrested at all??

Thanks for the help. And good luck to everyone. On another note, i think when the list comes out, a group of us should all go running to prepare for cooper standard. I'm in brooklyn, 11233. So lets not wait til last minute. :-)
      your mta already your time counts upfront.. Around 13 yrs to see weekends on the am's much sooner on the pm's

Comment

• Happy july 4th to everybody( i know im late)

Sorry, works has been busy, i recently got made(promoted) so they change my schedule all up. Hope everyone had a safe and wonderful holiday.

I think ya can also take me off the list now, one less person outta 15,000....with the new promotion and salary and only 11-13yrs to retire..decision just got harder.

Im debating on whether i should still go take the physical test and processing just to do it, who knows, just in case.. The wife said im wasting my time but my buddies that also took the exam are telling me to do it because this way we can all processed together and then decide after we get call. any advice

Comment

• Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
          Happy july 4th to everybody( i know im late)

Sorry, works has been busy, i recently got made(promoted) so they change my schedule all up. Hope everyone had a safe and wonderful holiday.

I think ya can also take me off the list now, one less person outta 15,000....with the new promotion and salary and only 11-13yrs to retire..decision just got harder.

Im debating on whether i should still go take the physical test and processing just to do it, who knows, just in case.. The wife said im wasting my time but my buddies that also took the exam are telling me to do it because this way we can all processed together and then decide after we get call. any advice
          Honestly in my opinion I don't think I could move after a promotion and you have made your mark in corrections. I think I would stay but that's just me. Also who is to say your buddies on the job will be processed with you? What if you make the first batch and they make the third just saying. Congrats on your step up I'm sure it feels good and the Mrs. Must be loving it stay safe

Comment

• Congratulations on your promotion and new salary 20. I would definitely stay and do the 11-13 years and retire.

Comment

• I'm at fresh pond, 14 years. on the dispatcher list also, list #219, weighing all my options. came in transit very young so i would need to do 31 years to complete if i stay here, definitely need to get off the seat. good luck to you

Originally posted by Magic_Wealthy View Post
              Thanks for the help folks.

bk_3000 what Depot are you in?? I'm in grand ave. I'm on that Train Operator list too. Took it in 2009. My list number s 430*.....they are up to 3700+. But their seniority moves too slow. 15+ years before seeing weekends off. :-( I'll weight my options when that time comes.

Comment

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                The time counts on the front end , not on the back end .
                oh yes your right hopeful, correct.

Comment

• 20, stay with DOC. You got a promotion, a rise, and half way to retirement.
                  NYPD Exam #4329
                  TBTA Exam #5606

Comment

• Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
                    Happy july 4th to everybody( i know im late)

Congratulations!!!! If I were in your shoes, I would stay, eventually promote to Dep (assuming u just got promoted to captain) and by that time u will be getting ready to retire. It's your life, your choice. Be safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by 20noutlife View Post
                      happy july 4th to everybody( i know im late)

sorry, works has been busy, i recently got made(promoted) so they change my schedule all up. Hope everyone had a safe and wonderful holiday.

Im debating on whether i should still go take the physical test and processing just to do it, who knows, just in case.. The wife said im wasting my time but my buddies that also took the exam are telling me to do it because this way we can all processed together and then decide after we get call. Any advice
                      congrats 20.. Not much else to add that hasnt been said, but maybe a quote..
                      "id rather deal with the devil i know ..than the devil i dont know..."
                      especially when you know the job like the back of your hand... Whatever that means. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                        Yes you must List All arrests Even if they didnt end in a conviction such as an ACD.
                        A record Of your arrest will be retained by default by the nypd. An employer Can Only Ask if you have been arrested and convicted. (Not Only if you have been arrested) Of course the Exception being Law enforcement jobs and any application for a gun license . Your finger prints and photos from the arrest will be sealed( destroyed) but a record Of the arrest will always be on file with the police
                        It will effect you. You must list it. And its not a done deal until the Judge dismisses the case. An ACD (ACOD) is merely an administrative method of probation.

The NYS DCJS maintains records on and will disclose all arrests, so- you have to list it.

define nonsense.
                        Last edited by Vista; 07-11-2015, 07:27 PM.
                        Problems with a psych exam?
                        Have an upcoming
                        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                        you make up your mind.
                        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by REDBIRD1031 View Post
                          congrats 20.. Not much else to add that hasnt been said, but maybe a quote..
                          "id rather deal with the devil i know ..than the devil i dont know..."
                          especially when you know the job like the back of your hand... Whatever that means. Lol
                          well said brother,

its one of those situation about the grass isnt always greener on the other side

Comment

• Thank you all you guys for the congratz and warm words,

sorry i cant respond as frequently anymore. Work has been so busy now.. But everything everybody said is right. I think I might just stay put. And try to go as high in rank as possible. Who know, i guess it depends on the situation by the end. But I'm probably going to go thru with all the process and hopefully get called with some of my buddies. Especially since i paid for the exam, and have been working out and running every day, might as well. Maybe by the time TBTA calls i can defer it later, OR i'll be in a stressful area at my dept and dont wanna deal with the headache. and just take TBTA, and tried it out for 2 years. I can always come back, my time stills count so no harm no foul. always good to have options.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all you guys, redbird,junior, impact, send help,celtic, (anybody else i missed)etc.. You guys have been great. This is becoming more of a support forum for TBTA than the actual TBTA facts itself. LOL..

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                              It will effect you. You must list it. And its not a done deal until the Judge dismisses the case. An ACD (ACOD) is merely an administrative method of probation.

The NYS DCJS maintains records on and will disclose all arrests, so- you have to list it.

define nonsense.
                              An ACD is not a form of probation as it is not an admission of guilt . NYS DJCS does not maintain a record of the arrest only the local law enforcement agency (NYPD) retains this record by default unless explicitly expunged ( which is near impossible to do)

Comment

• It is in a way the lowest possible form of a "probation" due to if you get in trouble within your 6 month or whatever ACD, your charges can be brought back into light.

Read nys cpl 170.55

Upon or after arraignment in a local criminal court upon an information, a simplified information, a prosecutor's information or a misdemeanor complaint, and before entry of a plea of guilty thereto or commencement of a trial thereof, the court may, upon motion of the people or the defendant and with the consent of the other party, or upon the court's own motion with the consent of both the people and the defendant, order that the action be "adjourned in contemplation of dismissal," as prescribed in subdivision two. 2. An adjournment in contemplation of dismissal is an adjournment of the action without date ordered with a view to ultimate dismissal of the accusatory instrument in furtherance of justice. Upon issuing such an order, the court must release the defendant on his own recognizance. Upon application of the people, made at any time not more than six months, or in the case of a family offense as defined in subdivision one of section 530.11 of this chapter, one year, after the issuance of such order, the court may restore the case to the calendar upon a determination that dismissal of the accusatory instrument would not be in furtherance of justice, and the action must thereupon proceed. If the case is not so restored within such six months or one year period, the accusatory instrument is, at the expiration of such period, deemed to have been dismissed by the court in furtherance of justice. 3. In conjunction with an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal the court may issue a temporary order of protection pursuant to section 530.12 or 530.13 of this chapter, requiring the defendant to observe certain specified conditions of conduct. 4. Where the local criminal court information, simplified information, prosecutor's information, or misdemeanor complaint charges a crime or violation between spouses or between parent and child, or between members of the same family or household, as the term "members of the same family or household" is defined in subdivision one of section 530.11 of this chapter, the court may as a condition of an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal order, require that the defendant participate in an educational program addressing the issues of spousal abuse and family violence. 5. The court may grant an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal on condition that the defendant participate in dispute resolution and comply with any award or settlement resulting therefrom. 6. The court may as a condition of an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal order, require the defendant to perform services for a public or not-for-profit corporation, association, institution or agency. Such condition may only be imposed where the defendant has consented to the amount and conditions of such service. The court may not impose such conditions in excess of the length of the adjournment. 7. The court may, as a condition of an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal order, where a defendant is under twenty-one years of age and is charged with (a) a misdemeanor or misdemeanors other than section eleven hundred ninety-two of the vehicle and traffic law, in which the record indicates the consumption of alcohol by the defendant may have been a contributing factor, or (b) a violation of paragraph (a) of subdivision one of section sixty-five-b of the alcoholic beverage control law, require the defendant to attend an alcohol awareness program established pursuant to subdivision (a) of section 19.07 of the mental hygiene law. 8. The granting of an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal shall not be deemed to be a conviction or an admission of guilt. No person shall suffer any disability or forfeiture as a result of such an order. Upon the dismissal of the accusatory instrument pursuant to this section, the arrest and prosecution shall be deemed a nullity and the defendant shall be restored, in contemplation of law, to the status he occupied before his arrest and prosecution. - See more at: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/nycode/C....eyc7IfpB.dpuf
                                No trouble, charges are dismissed.
                                Last edited by NYCTNT; 07-13-2015, 08:47 AM.
                                Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7843 users online. 358 members and 7485 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X