Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't want to lose what a city pension has to offer and all the benes that come with the tbta just saying. Leave them separate entities there doing just fine as an agency not being together. Everybody has there spot just leave it be I don't see a merge anytime soon anyway

Comment

• Police status in my opinion if it means that much join a police dept. if it's in the cards to happen it will. Worry about getting on the job first. Politics are exactly that politics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Junior214 View Post
        Police status in my opinion if it means that much join a police dept. if it's in the cards to happen it will. Worry about getting on the job first. Politics are exactly that politics.

eexactly! well put buddy. if you need that police status, there's plenty of police agencies out there!! I remember a tbta officer saying that they don't need police status because it really wouldn't change their job functions at all. no need.

Comment

Police status in my opinion if it means that much join a police dept. if it's in the cards to happen it will. Worry about getting on the job first. Politics are exactly that politics.
          Where did you get the idea that I want police status?

I dont have anything to worry about.
          Last edited by krull; 07-02-2015, 11:33 PM.
          Bridge and Tunnel Officer, Exam No. 5606

Comment

• I'm saying that because of the comments. Tbta does a fine job right now as an agency. Police status doesn't make these guys better. A search warrant is what makes these guys different from police. They can't kick down doors. Tbta can stop and frisk, stop a car do check points, run plates, they have license plate scanners and radars. Getting on the job there will be more to learn. I've read a lot and even with corrections there's bills to give them police status. Corrections already patrols the city so does NYS courts and there is no way anyone can say that if there is a crime being committed these guys won't act. They will act and pursue to the fullest extent of the law. Its a great job what draws us to it is the work and making a difference. Do some research a bridge and tunnel officer stopped an armed robbery in progress. No where near a bridge or facility. There geographic area of employment is the bridges and tunnels with in city limits but jurisdiction is the state. If they get status that's great for the agency. There patch says authority. Other peace officer agencies says police but if you know the difference which the average person doesn't you know there not "police" doesn't mean they don't get the respect they deserve as an officer. I'm not trying to ramble but the police status not having it doesn't make them wimps they carry a firearm and are trained by professionals to do the job right. Some guys to me it just seems that police is what they want it's how they come off so I say join a police dept. we have regulars on this forum great guys. I've been on here from the beginning. My M.O is getting on the job. When I say worry I don't mean you have anything to hide I mean just get on the job and do the assignment. At the end of the day we all want to get on the job. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Comment

I'm saying that because of the comments. Tbta does a fine job right now as an agency. Police status doesn't make these guys better. A search warrant is what makes these guys different from police. They can't kick down doors. Tbta can stop and frisk, stop a car do check points, run plates, they have license plate scanners and radars. Getting on the job there will be more to learn. I've read a lot and even with corrections there's bills to give them police status. Corrections already patrols the city so does NYS courts and there is no way anyone can say that if there is a crime being committed these guys won't act. They will act and pursue to the fullest extent of the law. Its a great job what draws us to it is the work and making a difference. Do some research a bridge and tunnel officer stopped an armed robbery in progress. No where near a bridge or facility. There geographic area of employment is the bridges and tunnels with in city limits but jurisdiction is the state. If they get status that's great for the agency. There patch says authority. Other peace officer agencies says police but if you know the difference which the average person doesn't you know there not "police" doesn't mean they don't get the respect they deserve as an officer. I'm not trying to ramble but the police status not having it doesn't make them wimps they carry a firearm and are trained by professionals to do the job right. Some guys to me it just seems that police is what they want it's how they come off so I say join a police dept. we have regulars on this forum great guys. I've been on here from the beginning. My M.O is getting on the job. When I say worry I don't mean you have anything to hide I mean just get on the job and do the assignment. At the end of the day we all want to get on the job. Correct me if I'm wrong please.
              I truly appreciate you taking the time to write all of that, but it was really unnecessary since I am a former NYC CO and know the difference between the two statuses . Since you mentioned my post I would like you to reread my post

"Let me get the job first, then they can get police status, they can also merge with MTA if they want to"

As you can see I want to get the job before any changes if they are going to implement any, that is because I am over 35 so police status will only hurt me. Also I would like to point out " if they want to" that means I personally could care less.

Comment

• I didn't ask you for your resume so I didn't know you were a CO. You know the law good. All I'm saying is and it wasn't directed at you as an individual it's sounds like guys want to be cops. If I offended you that wasn't my intention. If you're fit and get selected that's great more power to you I'm trying to get on I'm hungry like the next man and want a change in my life. Hope things work out for you

Comment

• Take me off the list! Finally got called for NYPD. So that's one less person of the the 20k that took it lol Good luck guys hope you all get on. Hopefully the list moves as quick as they claim it will.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYBseBall89 View Post
                    Take me off the list! Finally got called for NYPD. So that's one less person of the the 20k that took it lol Good luck guys hope you all get on. Hopefully the list moves as quick as they claim it will.
                    Good luck and congrats all the best

Comment

• Originally posted by NYBseBall89 View Post
                      Take me off the list! Finally got called for NYPD. So that's one less person of the the 20k that took it lol Good luck guys hope you all get on. Hopefully the list moves as quick as they claim it will.
                      Congratulations and good luck in you career.

Comment

I didn't ask you for your resume so I didn't know you were a CO. You know the law good. All I'm saying is and it wasn't directed at you as an individual it's sounds like guys want to be cops. If I offended you that wasn't my intention. If you're fit and get selected that's great more power to you I'm trying to get on I'm hungry like the next man and want a change in my life. Hope things work out for you
                        I hope so too, to be honest I wouldn't mind if TBTA merges with MTA Police, Mta PD top pay is 84K and nycers pension can be transferred, that's according to the MTA PD website.

http://web.mta.info/mta/employment/mtapd-info.htm
                        Last edited by krull; 07-03-2015, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• Thanks and good luck to you guys as well!

Comment

• @krull we'll see what tomorrow brings.
                            Yea I read that link you have. I hope we get that call I should say I hope we get selected and processed.

Comment

• Originally posted by krull View Post
                              I truly appreciate you taking the time to write all of that, but it was really unnecessary since I am a former NYC CO and know the difference between the two statuses . Since you mentioned my post I would like you to reread my post

"Let me get the job first, then they can get police status, they can also merge with MTA if they want to"

As you can see I want to get the job before any changes if they are going to implement any, that is because I am over 35 so police status will only hurt me. Also I would like to point out " if they want to" that means I personally could care less.
                              Why did you leave NYC doc ? And what agency did you leave for .

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensKnicks View Post
                                Why did you leave NYC doc ? And what agency did you leave for .
                                I left DOC because you have to worry more about your coworker than you do about the crooks(inmates), the supervisors are trash and the whole department sucks. The department finds it easier to burn the officer(scapegoat for everything) than try to find a way to help him/her. The crooks have more rights than the co's and will have even now that there is a deal with the feds.

The coworkers are lazy, not only they don't do their job the sometimes get in the way of you doing yours. The OT is off the hook, but it wasn't a major factor in my decision. I did not go to another agency but I am waiting, I didn't want DOC to tarnish my employment history, its too easy to get in trouble even if its not for your actions, its called "Tag your it"

As far as the inmates I cant say I had problems with them, they are there because of who they are so you don't expect much from them. The job sucks, morale is down and I don't see it going up because DOC is changing and will not be the way it was 10 - 20 years ago, that's what I heard.

I will not try to discourage anyone from trying this job out, to each his own but to me this job was a huge disappointment for me.
                                Last edited by krull; 07-03-2015, 03:04 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6284 users online. 243 members and 6041 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X