300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
    as this has became more like a support group in addition to TBTA questions. and I valued your opinion. I have a little dilemma.

I'm currently car shopping and I'm stuck between two suv. dunno which one to go for. Benz GLK or Lexus RX350. it's more of a family vechile. any advice or opinion?

Keeping it long term? Leasing or buying?
    Problems with a psych exam?
    Have an upcoming
    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
    you make up your mind.
    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
      Lmao thank god i only do deliveries and pick ups in the city once in awhile, i still can't stand it... im usually in the airports doing all that stuff. Im trying to move up into the office at my job to get me a monday - friday 9-5 weekends off type of thing, its more of a headache but atleast I'll have my nights for now...because if i get hired from tbta this year or next year, i won't be seeing that sweet gig schedule (weekends off especially) for YEARS maybe never lol.

And you're right 20, definitely have to look at it on the bright side that we all still have jobs..it can be worse for sure.
      Yeah- i hate my job, mainly because im the most skilled at getting stuff done and they know id rather get the jobs done today than stack it on top of tomorrows work. So, my bosses know to send me to do the difficult stuff.

65-70 hours weeks gettin thrown around in a truck all day.... Add's up and takes its toll quickly.
      Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by krull View Post
        I suggest living within your means, when ot dries up which one can you afford on your base pay.
        yes sir, of course. I'm doing my budget without considering OT. I was promoted so my base salary is going to be different now.

Originally posted by Vista View Post
        Keeping it long term? Leasing or buying?
        I'm considering leasing because this way we can always return it after we get tired of it. but if the payment is reasonable, I might consider buying. thanks for any advice

Comment

yes sir, of course. I'm doing my budget without considering OT. I was promoted so my base salary is going to be different now.

I'm considering leasing because this way we can always return it after we get tired of it. but if the payment is reasonable, I might consider buying. thanks for any advice
          The Benz is a bit less expensive and gets better mileage but the Lexus looks nicer (in my opinion) and scored better marks in overall reliability. Volvo XC90 beat both of them to take the #1 spot in the midsize SUV category.

Comment

• *midsize LUXURY SUV category

Comment

• Nice Job!
              http://nypost.com/2015/06/28/cops-ca...ed-cigarettes/

Comment

• Originally posted by willdogs View Post
                got em!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WILLDOGS View Post
                  BAM!! It's also nice to hear "Bridge and Tunnel Cops" from the media rather than peace officer. It's definitely time for them to get police status.

Comment

• Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
                    BAM!! It's also nice to hear "Bridge and Tunnel Cops" from the media rather than peace officer. It's definitely time for them to get police status.

Let me get the job first, then they can get police status, they can also merge with MTA if they want to.
                    Last edited by krull; 06-29-2015, 06:38 PM.
                    Bridge and Tunnel Officer, Exam No. 5606

Comment

• Good point.

Comment

• New Patch

Comment

• Originally posted by WILLDOGS View Post
                          New Patch

Looks nice

Comment

• Originally posted by krull View Post
                            Let me get the job first, then they can get police status, they can also merge with MTA if they want to.
                            you guys do realise that if they change it to police status, that they will have to enforce a max age 35 limit because of state law (unless military waiver). and if they merge with MTAPD, they will have to take a polygraph exam..just be careful what you ask for. I remember seeing a lot of people at the teat that looks way passed the age limit.

Comment

you guys do realise that if they change it to police status, that they will have to enforce a max age 35 limit because of state law (unless military waiver). and if they merge with MTAPD, they will have to take a polygraph exam..just be careful what you ask for. I remember seeing a lot of people at the teat that looks way passed the age limit.
                              Yeah you're right, leave it as peace officer status.

Comment

I know, that's why i want to get in first if they change the status they will have to grandfather us in.

As far as the polygraph, I don't have anything to hide.

Most people that I saw at the test should worry about the agility test before anything else.
                                Last edited by krull; 07-02-2015, 05:53 PM.
                                Bridge and Tunnel Officer, Exam No. 5606

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10224 users online. 411 members and 9813 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X