300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dinosaur32 View Post
    20......go back over that pension information. I've never heard of anyone covered by membership in a city or state pension system being able to collect two pensions. Service time can improve a pension but doubt you can collect two.
    one of my partners is a retired nypd sgt, i remember a while ago he told me he cannot get two pensions.
    Last edited by REDBIRD1031; 06-06-2015, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• It's complicated but in the end you get a larger pension. The formula to calculate the value f time served differs between the police pension and regular pension. The pension system will determine your pension.

Comment

• Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
        That 12hrs shift, 3 days a weeks is what MTA PD does..not tbta. That's one of the things they gave up when they didn't wanna merge because of some seniority issues with the old timer.

We share alot about eachother job, he likes the ESU stuff, because I had my ESU uniform on. Apprantly tbta doesn't have any specialized unit as of now. But who knows. His concern for me was that I will be taking a pay cut andright worst; end up bored out my freaking mind because there's not that much high speed thing to do. And rumors is that they are really trying to push a class in by the end of the year. He, an Sgt thats in the academy, and sarge on this post all confirmed it. So it's looking more than likely...

Thanks Redbird for the warm wishes, I dunno what my heart is saying right now but only time will tell.
        I'm confused about your move as well think long and hard lol
        The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• Originally posted by fabolous084 View Post
          I'm confused about your move as well think long and hard lol
          Long and hard? Pause..Lol....but bro, u should know better than anybody how the job is and where it's headed. (95 isn't the same, dept isn't the same period) not the same anymore
          Last edited by 20NOutLife; 06-07-2015, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Long and hard? Pause..Lol....but bro, u should know better than anybody how the job is and where it's headed. (95 isn't the same, dept isn't the same period) not the same anymore
            LOL you know I understand you.. Not knocking TBTA I just think it's a step back for you that's all..
            The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• Hey everyone I've been following for a long time and just wanted to say I've taken a lot of good info from everyone here. I started training and I'm really hoping to land this gig. Well I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello all.
              All the best

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by 718prospect View Post
                Hey everyone I've been following for a long time and just wanted to say I've taken a lot of good info from everyone here. I started training and I'm really hoping to land this gig. Well I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello all.
                All the best

Welcome to the gang lol. Your on the right track..and stay away from trouble too. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
                  Welcome to the gang lol. Your on the right track..and stay away from trouble too. Good luck.
                  Thanks impact!

Comment

• to my tbta forum family,

just want to let you know, white plains police has an open exam right now. they hiring, filing date ends by July 3 I think. required a fitness exam to get on if u wanna see if u got what it takes . at least if u failed that, then u can work out more to pass TBTA..=)

Comment

• If you live in those counties that's a great job me I'm in Queens so that's a no go

Comment

• Originally posted by Junior214 View Post
                        If you live in those counties that's a great job me I'm in Queens so that's a no go
                        ok party pooper lol, but for the rest of u that lives in the authorized counties, top pay is 3 years,and they still got 20yrs retirement plan. good luck

Comment

ok party pooper lol, but for the rest of u that lives in the authorized counties, top pay is 3 years,and they still got 20yrs retirement plan. good luck
                          Ha ha just being honest. I don't get how Nassau county can take the exam when you have to pass through queens to get to Nassau. Doesn't make sense anyway good luck to anyone taking the exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Junior214 View Post
                            Ha ha just being honest. I don't get how Nassau county can take the exam when you have to pass through queens to get to Nassau. Doesn't make sense anyway good luck to anyone taking the exam.
                            They share a border via water some bs like that

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensKnicks View Post
                              They share a border via water some bs like that
                              That's crazy didn't even know

Comment

• What's going on fellas, semi new to the forum but I've been following this thread since it started. Glad to see dedicated and true Tbta hopefuls. You guys have been helpful with all the updates and information regarding the exam and hope to see you guys at the academy. Btw junior214 and 20noutlife first rounds on me considering we get canvassed and make it to the academy lol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9460 users online. 479 members and 8981 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X