Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes i did protest via mail, I believe you find out when the final answers keys are posted not sure if they will let me know anything before they establish the list

Comment

• Wassup fellas does anyone remember . As far as your facility goes, is there a pick once a yr and therefore able to pick out of a facility. Or is your facility your site throughout your career?? Sorry I know it was stated already but couldn't find it plus this thread is 55 PAGES IN.. Wasn't trying to search everyone lol

Comment

• Hey REDBIRD, as far as i saw what gbotj wrote on either page 15-17 around February..

Each facility is completely different, no matter how close they are to each other. Before you graduate the academy, they give you a list of facilities, and you list your preferences in order, you get a facility based on your seniority and the vacancies at that facility. Keep in mind, almost half or more of every class gets assigned to the RFK bridge, and your facility is your facility. You are not sent anywhere else (that may change with the new hires though). The only facilities you will have a choice to go to is RFK Bronx, RFK Manhattan, Throgs Neck, Whitestone, QMT, BBT, and the Verrazano.
        In my opinion the tunnels and RFK are the best choices, tunnels have a ton of different assignments, and the RFK just handles every kind of incident, from gun runs, assaults, dwi's, EDPs constantly, heroin OD's on the walkways, it's actually pretty fun there in that respect, but it's definitely not the nicest of places to work.

Comment

• Originally posted by impact87 View Post
          hey redbird, as far as i saw what gbotj wrote on either page 15-17 around february..

Each facility is completely different, no matter how close they are to each other. Before you graduate the academy, they give you a list of facilities, and you list your preferences in order, you get a facility based on your seniority and the vacancies at that facility. Keep in mind, almost half or more of every class gets assigned to the rfk bridge, and your facility is your facility. You are not sent anywhere else (that may change with the new hires though). The only facilities you will have a choice to go to is rfk bronx, rfk manhattan, throgs neck, whitestone, qmt, bbt, and the verrazano.
          In my opinion the tunnels and rfk are the best choices, tunnels have a ton of different assignments, and the rfk just handles every kind of incident, from gun runs, assaults, dwi's, edps constantly, heroin od's on the walkways, it's actually pretty fun there in that respect, but it's definitely not the nicest of places to work.
          thanks impact... I like throgs neck but i wonder how much overtime there really is there compared to RFK....RFK seems so much busier i would think that's what has to do with ot..

Comment

• Originally posted by REDBIRD1031 View Post
            thanks impact... I like throgs neck but i wonder how much overtime there really is there compared to RFK....RFK seems so much busier i would think that's what has to do with ot..
            No problem. Im sure throgs neck has overtime. If you cross that bridge here and there ask one of the officers. I spoke to a few officers at the Queens Midtown Tunnel there and they told me its alot of overtime there, which the one lady said she is hoping for more officers soon because they really need it. She and another officer that is a Sgt there said they're looking to call people towards the end of this year so let's keep them fingers cross.

As gbotj said, the rfk handles every kind of incident so its definitely an ot zone, atleast i think. I definitely would like to do rfk bronx.

Comment

• Originally posted by impact87 View Post
              no problem. Im sure throgs neck has overtime. If you cross that bridge here and there ask one of the officers. I spoke to a few officers at the queens midtown tunnel there and they told me its alot of overtime there, which the one lady said she is hoping for more officers soon because they really need it. She and another officer that is a sgt there said they're looking to call people towards the end of this year so let's keep them fingers cross.

As gbotj said, the rfk handles every kind of incident so its definitely an ot zone, atleast i think. I definitely would like to do rfk bronx.
              rfk bx does sound good, i don't usually go over the bridges but i might have to start doing that on my rdo's just to track down some bto's for some insight and information...lol

Comment

rfk bx does sound good, i don't usually go over the bridges but i might have to start doing that on my rdo's just to track down some bto's for some insight and information...lol

Yeah man lol any info helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
                  Yeah man lol any info helps.
                  So I pulled over and spoke to a BTO at the VNZ bridge today. He was pretty informative and nice after I identify myself.

Overtime is thru the roof right now there and everywhere in TBTA, he said they haven't hired in over 5+ Years, very short...they can't promote LT because short on SGT because short on BTO..ID card actually said "bridge and tunnel officer " U accumulate sick leave, it rolls over every year. No unlimited sick but u can play "FMLA" and go out. get pay more for working holidays. Any city service time counts towards retirement but it need to total 20yrs and u be 50..for nypd/doc guys, we can vest out our pension now at 5+ yrs..and do 20 with them and collect dual pension,since we earn both pension, some rules with nycers..im not sure of the specific right now.

And days off is based on some weird chart that changes every few months or so, you can do Am or Pm tours..I was confuses. It was hard to understand so maybe somebody that's on can explain better than me. U can't carry a firearm off duty for at least 6 months after getting on. They are working on their contract now to get caught up and they follow mta employees raises, not uniform services pattern. Work at your own pace from what I gathered, u can be robocop and write summons and make collars or just stand there, collect tolls, No quota. U get 4 hrs for court time automaticly whether u do 30 minutes or 4 hrs. They was going to merge with mta police in the past, but the old timer was crying about seniority issue so they didnt merge.. gave up police status, 12hrs shift 3 days a week , 20yrs retirement..smh..

This is all I can remember off the top of my head right now. If I remember anything else, I'll post it later. Anybody on the job please correct me if I'm wrong abt anything. (Ironically he told me I would be a fool to leave where I'm at to come to TBTA)

Comment

• Originally posted by 20noutlife View Post
                    so i pulled over and spoke to a bto at the vnz bridge today. He was pretty informative and nice after i identify myself.

Overtime is thru the roof right now there and everywhere in tbta, he said they haven't hired in over 5+ years, very short...they can't promote lt because short on sgt because short on bto..id card actually said "bridge and tunnel officer " u accumulate sick leave, it rolls over every year. No unlimited sick but u can play "fmla" and go out. Get pay more for working holidays. Any city service time counts towards retirement but it need to total 20yrs and u be 50..for nypd/doc guys, we can vest out our pension now at 5+ yrs..and do 20 with them and collect dual pension,since we earn both pension, some rules with nycers..im not sure of the specific right now.

And days off is based on some weird chart that changes every few months or so, you can do am or pm tours..i was confuses. It was hard to understand so maybe somebody that's on can explain better than me. U can't carry a firearm off duty for at least 6 months after getting on. They are working on their contract now to get caught up and they follow mta employees raises, not uniform services pattern. Work at your own pace from what i gathered, u can be robocop and write summons and make collars or just stand there, collect tolls, no quota. U get 4 hrs for court time automaticly whether u do 30 minutes or 4 hrs. They was going to merge with mta police in the past, but the old timer was crying about seniority issue so they didnt merge.. Gave up police status, 12hrs shift 3 days a week , 20yrs retirement..smh..

This is all i can remember off the top of my head right now. If i remember anything else, i'll post it later. Anybody on the job please correct me if i'm wrong abt anything. (ironically he told me i would be a fool to leave where i'm at to come to tbta)

that wierd chart could probably guarantee weekends off every few weeks or so, that would be cool.. 12 hr shifts ¿ 3 days a week¿.. Cant even imagine what could be the problem.. But let me say i dont know all the details but sounds great!!! Gotta be hard listening to someone say to stay put when your trying to make moves, in the end your going to do whatever your heart tells you... Great info thanks 20

Comment

that wierd chart could probably guarantee weekends off every few weeks or so, that would be cool.. 12 hr shifts ¿ 3 days a week¿.. Cant even imagine what could be the problem.. But let me say i dont know all the details but sounds great!!! Gotta be hard listening to someone say to stay put when your trying to make moves, in the end your going to do whatever your heart tells you... Great info thanks 20
                      That 12hrs shift, 3 days a weeks is what MTA PD does..not tbta. That's one of the things they gave up when they didn't wanna merge because of some seniority issues with the old timer.

We share alot about eachother job, he likes the ESU stuff, because I had my ESU uniform on. Apprantly tbta doesn't have any specialized unit as of now. But who knows. His concern for me was that I will be taking a pay cut andright worst; end up bored out my freaking mind because there's not that much high speed thing to do. And rumors is that they are really trying to push a class in by the end of the year. He, an Sgt thats in the academy, and sarge on this post all confirmed it. So it's looking more than likely...

Thanks Redbird for the warm wishes, I dunno what my heart is saying right now but only time will tell.

Comment

• Thanks 20. I'll been training hard for the new physical. This was what I needed to hear to keep me focused.
                        NYPD Exam #4329
                        TBTA Exam #5606

Comment

• Definitely real good info there 20 thanks man. I would say stay lol but do what your heart tells you man. Then again, you should still come to tbta though since you still owe all of us them drinks lol.

However, even though we been recieving good info from different tbta officers to get more info especially about them saying they really want to push a class at the end of this year.. at the end of the day the biggest thanks will always go to the sarge (gbotj). He was once a hopeful like us getting all the info he could, excited about getting the job, got the job.. And even though he doesn't have to do this, but he still comes on here and gives us plenty of info since we really want this job. Definitely a big thanks to the Sarge!

Comment

• Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
                            Definitely real good info there 20 thanks man. I would say stay lol but do what your heart tells you man. Then again, you should still come to tbta though since you still owe all of us them drinks lol
                            Thats true, I do owe you guys a round. I mean payday was this pass week so no time like the present.. hahaha..(too early for this topic, we have problems,lmao)

Comment

• 20......Go back over that pension information. I've never heard of anyone covered by membership in a City or State pension system being able to collect two pensions. Service time can improve a pension but doubt you can collect two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                                20......Go back over that pension information. I've never heard of anyone covered by membership in a City or State pension system being able to collect two pensions. Service time can improve a pension but doubt you can collect two.
                                youre right dinosaur, That's what's I thought too. Unless u get a 211 waiver, but with that u can't get a second pension. But I called nycersplan and they told me that if I vested out of my special pension plan, I can do the tbta time, and once I retired, I literally have a portion of my previous pension and tbta pension.. there's actually a form for this. So I guess maybe it a bigger pension if u combine both time. I'm not sure specifically. But sorry, I may be wrong so don't quote me. So my nypd/doc ppls, just verified it and correct me if I misunderstood.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6947 users online. 186 members and 6761 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X