Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All agencies hire internally first,, all city workers no that and have experienced it

Comment

• Originally posted by 20noutlife View Post
      damn bro, mortgage, house, car note and child support. You have the making of a typical law enforcement officer ..lmfao... I'm so glad i'm not going to be the only one taking a pay cut. I feel u on the speaking with financial advisor and hearing him say to stay where you at. I'm en route to making about 108k by the end of the year and to go from that to 35k.. He may refer me to a life crisis counselor and have me admitted for a psych review. Lmao.

Softball? Really.. C'mon bro, hardball is where it's at! Lol.. But softball is cute, does the uniform comes with tassel and a handbag? Lmao..

Glad to hear junior and i aren't the only with struggles... Hehe
      lmao !!!! I love hardball but dont sleep on softball. We're really competitive and at the same time it feels good just to be out there playing, away from work.. We have a few mos on the squad so i like there persona... Real cool guys!! as far as work goes Yeah its rough having to keep my ot to a minimum for the c.s. Reason..
      Last edited by REDBIRD1031; 05-30-2015, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by REDBIRD1031 View Post
        lmao !!!! I love hardball but dont sleep on softball. We're really competitive and at the same time it feels good just to be out there playing, away from work.. We have a few mos on the squad so i like there persona... Real cool guys!! as far as work goes Yeah its rough having to keep my ot to a minimum for the c.s. Reason..
        Another way to keep that C. S down is to put your overtime into comp time. I know a few guys on the job that does this. Especially the year before they have to go back to court for an adjustment. This way their check is mostly base pay. There's ways to reduce your support amount.

Another benefit is that you have more time off when you take vacation or need a day here and there. You have enough comp to use. Also, if you have enough comp time, u can retire early as well. There's people on my job that retires 6 months- 1.5 yrs early. They stay on the books until their time runs out but they are retired.

Comment

• Originally posted by 20noutlife View Post
          another way to keep that c. S down is to put your overtime into comp time. I know a few guys on the job that does this. Especially the year before they have to go back to court for an adjustment. This way their check is mostly base pay. There's ways to reduce your support amount.

Another benefit is that you have more time off when you take vacation or need a day here and there. You have enough comp to use. Also, if you have enough comp time, u can retire early as well. There's people on my job that retires 6 months- 1.5 yrs early. They stay on the books until their time runs out but they are retired.
          wow retiring that much earlier ¿
          thats awsome .. Must have put that time in comp for years.. Yeah been thinking about doing that.. I get my 5 weeks vaca plus holidays ive saved to take off any time i want.. But working ot would give me that comp time but doesnt actually
          give me more take home pay...
          Unless your talking about cashing it in at a later time..

Comment

• Any update on the official Test Results ?

Comment

• Originally posted by j_candidate View Post
              any update on the official test results ?

i beleive the results will be out between sept and nov

Comment

• Originally posted by REDBIRD1031 View Post
                i beleive the results will be out between sept and nov
                it will be interesting. Even If i don't get a call for first group, i definitely want to see whoever on here gets called first giving us good info about the hiring process, as well as wishing best luck to them. Is posting information on here while in the academy allowed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
                  it will be interesting. Even If i don't get a call for first group, i definitely want to see whoever on here gets called first giving us good info about the hiring process, as well as wishing best luck to them. Is posting information on here while in the academy allowed?
                  Probably not. I mean look at it from this point of view would YOU give civilians or perps valuable info on what's going on in the academy. Compromise the agency. I wouldn't ever that's for me and my academy buddies. Generic info such as we do lots of running , study hard take your job seriously rest up etc. that's a given. Other than that leave the rest out just my two cents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Junior214 View Post
                    Probably not. I mean look at it from this point of view would YOU give civilians or perps valuable info on what's going on in the academy. Compromise the agency. I wouldn't ever that's for me and my academy buddies. Generic info such as we do lots of running , study hard take your job seriously rest up etc. that's a given. Other than that leave the rest out just my two cents.
                    Thanks, yeah the general info what you listed is what i meant. I definitely would not post any specifics.

Comment

• Is the acadamy located in a new facility or the old one? And where is that??

Comment

• It's on Randall's island I don't think the new building is finished yet

Comment

• I called up mta employment ,, there is no academy planned for the fall.

Comment

• Are you sure it's tbta and not mtapd? Just curious

Comment

• Goldcuff. Please stop talking...just stop..

TBTA does not care if you were a secret service agent or a station cleaner. They hire based list number, no preference, no internal hiring. Stop calling people and asking them questions, there are no classes scheduled right now, and even if there was, they wouldn't tell you about it anyway.

Please..stop talking.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                                Goldcuff. Please stop talking...just stop..

TBTA does not care if you were a secret service agent or a station cleaner. They hire based list number, no preference, no internal hiring. Stop calling people and asking them questions, there are no classes scheduled right now, and even if there was, they wouldn't tell you about it anyway.

Please..stop talking.
                                Thank you Sarge!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9269 users online. 395 members and 8874 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X