Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tbta 5606

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
    Lmaoo! I stopped drinking awhile ago since diabetes runs in my family on my fathers side. So just doing the best i can to prevent getting that. I'll have a few drinks on occasion though.

    Anyway back to tbta..I'll tell you one thing im training for the physical and academy like if i just enlisted into the service training for boot camp. I just have a few things to work on like the sit ups and running.

    Considering this is the only law enforcement job that you only need a high school diploma, im putting my mind into it big time.
    Not good to put all your eggs in one basket l, go get some credits so you have a better chance getting on by taking more tests
    55.......

    Comment


    • Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
      Not good to put all your eggs in one basket l, go get some credits so you have a better chance getting on by taking more tests
      Or join the military, always opens up Alot more door. Especially with the federal agencies

      Comment


      • Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
        Or join the military, always opens up Alot more door. Especially with the federal agencies
        Deff true
        55.......

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MLNY95 View Post
          Not sure if this has been answered already but is it deffantely realistic for those who got 0, 1, or 2 wrong to start the process by the end of this year?
          By the end of this year 0 and 1 wrong will be called, 2-3 possible. Well then again you never know.

          Comment


          • hey do we still have to get a cdl permit / license to get hired or you take that in the academy?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Tomar111292 View Post
              hey do we still have to get a cdl permit / license to get hired or you take that in the academy?
              You only need a drivers license. They will help you get your cdl permit, then license.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by 20noutlife View Post
                that's not bad for sit up, u only need 35 to pass i think.
                And just jack & coke.? You're a cheap date, that's not a problem buddy. But i don't think that's going to help with the sit up though.. Lmfao..

                I just thought about it, if we do come on tbta, that's another 5 years to top pay again. Omfg... Lol... Here we go again..
                thats 10 1/2 yrs chasing top pay lol .. Half a career for some. But your career is a chess match ,not checkers strategic moves to ensure your future. Nothing wrong with that...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by REDBIRD1031 View Post
                  thats 10 1/2 yrs chasing top pay lol .. Half a career for some. But your career is a chess match ,not checkers strategic moves to ensure your future. Nothing wrong with that...
                  10.5 YEARS? Wow, I didn't realize that until now, that is more than half a regular career. Thanks buddy..u sure know how to cheer a guy up.. . Lol..I got 11.5-14.5 left to retirement. Now I really need that barcardi gold. But you're right, we only got one life to live so might as well try everything rather than look back and said I should a, could a, would a. Worst case scenario, I give TBTA a try, and if the finances doesn't work out, I can always come back within 2 years. (I came back after leaving before) No harm no foul
                  Last edited by 20NOutLife; 05-08-2015, 11:31 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
                    10.5 YEARS? Wow, I didn't realize that until now, that is more than half a regular career. Thanks buddy..u sure know how to cheer a guy up.. . Lol..I got 11.5-14.5 left to retirement. Now I really need that barcardi gold. But you're right, we only got one life to live so might as well try everything rather than look back and said I should a, could a, would a. Worst case scenario, I give TBTA a try, and if the finances doesn't work out, I can always come back within 2 years. (I came back after leaving before) No harm no foul
                    LOLOL SORRY NOT MY INTENT.. (Still laughing)

                    Comment


                    • http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300020620.html

                      So I read this on another thread. And it's ridiculous that they actually entertain the lawsuit. Just got me thinking, now, fat or obese people that can't pass the run can sued because of disability discrimination, when does it stop. I foresee TBTA having problems with this as well.. Smh

                      Comment


                      • Just like the woman that failed the fdny physical exam is soon to graduate the fdny academy..smh..what's next?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
                          Just like the woman that failed the fdny physical exam is soon to graduate the fdny academy..smh..what's next?
                          I just DONT get how any judge can make that decision that an individual could enter an ACADAMY and now graduate if they couldn't pass the physical In The first place!! Where is the logic¿!!

                          Comment


                          • It's absurd. Fitness standards exist for a reason, just like psychological standards. Sacrificing the safety of potential co-workers AND the public all for the sake of being politically correct? Hopefully the powers that be in CT won't fold the way our newly elected NYC "leaders" have when it comes to frivolous lawsuits. I swear PC will be the death of us all...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
                              Just like the woman that failed the fdny physical exam is soon to graduate the fdny academy..smh..what's next?
                              Yeah i remember reading that article. FDNY is the MOST important agency in NYS for fitness standards to be met. Thats seriously putting other firemen, civilians and herself in potential harm. Whats gonna happen when she's OTJ and can't handle what she has to do?

                              Comment


                              • Her failure will never be attributed to her shortcomings.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9777 users online. 501 members and 9276 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X