Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eye_Spy View Post
    Hey All,

Im currently a Fraud Investigator for the city. Does being on the city payroll help the background process along at all? Or do we start

from the beginning like everyone else?
    Tbta is a state agency, so working for the city would have zero affect on your background investigation. Nor will working for the state.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
      Tbta is a state agency, so working for the city would have zero affect on your background investigation. Nor will working for the state.
      Ok thanks. I knew I was reaching. What does a typical state background check consist of? This way I can have all necessary addresses, phone numbers, etc at the ready.

Comment

• Well since tbta is a law enforcement job they will check your criminal history, social media like facebook, twitter, instagram to see if you post any inappropriate things, work history, driving record, credit check, education history, and more that i can't think of right now. Just be sure to tell your background investigator everything truthfully when the time comes.
        Last edited by Impact87; 05-06-2015, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Everything impact said plus maybe a credit check and residency check as well. You should be more than fine if u got hired for DOF as a fraud investigator.

Btw... One more day guys... Really feel like a kid waiting on Christmas night.. =P

Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
          Well since tbta is a law enforcement job they will check your criminal history, social media like facebook, twitter, instagram to see if you post any inappropriate things, work history, driving record, credit check, education history, and more that i can't think of right now. Just be sure to tell your background investigator everything truthfully when the time comes.

Comment

• Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
            Everything impact said plus maybe a credit check and residency check as well. You should be more than fine if u got hired for DOF as a fraud investigator.

Btw... One more day guys... Really feel like a kid waiting on Christmas night.. =P
            One more day?

Comment

• Just to let you peeps know. US customs is hiring now for newark and jfk. Something else I guess to keep your minds off waiting for this listing.

Comment

• Wait, one more day for what? Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BaneDroid View Post
                  Just to let you peeps know. US customs is hiring now for newark and jfk. Something else I guess to keep your minds off waiting for this listing.
                  That's a great job! If ya can get it. But that polygraph is a serious problem. Knocked out 2/3 of all candidates. Google it, they refer applicants to local prosecutions for crimes they admit to during the polygraph. Crazy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
                    Wait, one more day for what? Lol
                    Oh lol, it's pay day. My first top pay check. Been a very long 5.5 years bro

Comment

Oh lol, it's pay day. My first top pay check. Been a very long 5.5 years bro
                      Congrats and many more to you

Comment

• Nice man congrats!

Comment

• Thanks guys for the kind words. Now let see what this top pay check looks like. I might be able to buy that first round of drinks that I owe you guys sooner than I thought.. Lol..

Comment

That's a great job! If ya can get it. But that polygraph is a serious problem. Knocked out 2/3 of all candidates. Google it, they refer applicants to local prosecutions for crimes they admit to during the polygraph. Crazy!
                            In any case, you shouldn't apply to any law enforcement agency if you did a crime bad enough to make them refer you to a local pd.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaneDroid View Post
                              In any case, you shouldn't apply to any law enforcement agency if you did a crime bad enough to make them refer you to a local pd.
                              That's true. I just read horror stories about cbp polygraph. I'm pretty sure everybody have some skeletons in their closet. Not to the extend that requires prosecution I hope. Lol

Comment

• I think CBP is a sweet gig if you can pass the poly. As 20 mentioned most people will fail even if you tell the truth.
                                NYPD Exam #4329
                                TBTA Exam #5606

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8814 users online. 394 members and 8420 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X