300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
    Tell you what, once we all get the call, first round of drinks/soda on me. How does that sound, to make up for derailing this thread. Sarge, you're invited.. =)

Now there's a plan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Junior214 View Post
      Keep going I started at 15 min I'm down to 11:20 push your self and shave seconds off and you'll see that number drop. Don't give up you still have the whole summer it's only the first week in May. Good luck
      Hey junior thats pretty good!

Comment

Keep going I started at 15 min I'm down to 11:20 push your self and shave seconds off and you'll see that number drop. Don't give up you still have the whole summer it's only the first week in May. Good luck
        What's your training method ?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSCOHopeful View Post
          SO HOW BOUT THOSE BRIDGES AND TUNNELS GUYS?! lol.. I'm going to call or email the exams unit soon and ask when we can tentatively expect final answer keys to be posted. I want to know definitively how I did already. Since they had already thrown out 2 questions after the test and before the protest sessions, that makes me hopeful that it won't take too long to review our protested questions and post final keys soon!
          Did you hear anything back from them ?

Comment

• Tbta 5606

Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
            What's your training method ?
            I did jv and varsity track. Breathing techniques are key to improving your run time. Also what I didn't include is the endurance. Your no good to anybody if you spent all your energy running and you need to help your fellow officer with a perp or a edp etc you see where I'm going with this. Don't burn yourself out. build up to times you want to achieve and be realistic. Your not going to run a 1.5 in 5 min on your first try.
            Last edited by Junior214; 05-05-2015, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SendHelp View Post
              Hows everyone's training going? The 1.5 run is the hardest for me. I'm able to do it in 14 minutes.
              You'll be fine, if you can do 1.5 in 14 minutes then your at a very good start to train. You should do less than 12 minutes by a month or so.

As far as my training goes..

My push ups is great

My running got better (did 1.5 at 11:42 yesterday for the first time when my last 1.5 mile run was 14 like yours). I'm happy that i did 1.5 at 11:42 but honestly i should have waited another 2-3 weeks and just did my regular run with some sprinting to it before going more intense like i did yesterday...Don't get me wrong, i was sweating alot and i felt GOOD like i felt like i can fight the world, but you always want to work your way up especially since your working out the heart.

Sit ups...no comment. I haven't done sit ups in years..i would do some crunches once in awhile but not regular sit ups so i definitely have to start on that.

So keep running tho, it will get more easier for you man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
                You'll be fine, if you can do 1.5 in 14 minutes then your at a very good start to train. You should do less than 12 minutes by a month or so.

As far as my training goes..

My push ups is great

My running got better (did 1.5 at 11:42 yesterday for the first time when my last 1.5 mile run was 14 like yours). I'm happy that i did 1.5 at 11:42 but honestly i should have waited another 2-3 weeks and just did my regular run with some sprinting to it before going more intense like i did yesterday...Don't get me wrong, i was sweating alot and i felt GOOD like i felt like i can fight the world, but you always want to work your way up especially since your working out the heart.

Sit ups...no comment. I haven't done sit ups in years..i would do some crunches once in awhile but not regular sit ups so i definitely have to start on that.

So keep running tho, it will get more easier for you man.
                Thanks for the tips. I'm good with my push ups and sit ups. I've been running 3 times a week. Hopefully in the next 2 months I'll get my time down to 10-12 minutes. Good luck to everyone.
                NYPD Exam #4329
                TBTA Exam #5606

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
                  Did you hear anything back from them ?
                  I didn't try yet, I was going to wait til Monday to call them and ask. Trying to be patient lol..

Comment

• The protest is a long process don't expect anything soon.
                    From the date of the actual protest you have 30 days to submit a written protest by mail, then from that date they have 45 days (I believe) to put the protest committee together, and decide which questions are deemed to have more than one answer.

Just to give an example, for the Lieutenants exam, our eligible list was released before the final answer key was released...
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                      The protest is a long process don't expect anything soon.
                      From the date of the actual protest you have 30 days to submit a written protest by mail, then from that date they have 45 days (I believe) to put the protest committee together, and decide which questions are deemed to have more than one answer.

Just to give an example, for the Lieutenants exam, our eligible list was released before the final answer key was released...
                      Is it possible they may put out a list of eligibles based on the proposed answer key?
                      NYPD Exam #4329
                      TBTA Exam #5606

Comment

• Hey All,

Im currently a Fraud Investigator for the city. Does being on the city payroll help the background process along at all? Or do we start

from the beginning like everyone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eye_Spy View Post
                          Hey All,

Im currently a Fraud Investigator for the city. Does being on the city payroll help the background process along at all? Or do we start

It's easier to find your file but you start from the bottom and go through the process like Everybody else

Comment

• It sucks buddy but it's true what junior said. You will be starting from the bottom like everybody else. I think they should process the current officer/investigator that's already on a job who meets all the requirements first. It would make sense since these guys be thru background check and training. But that's just wishful, it's the MTA, I don't think common sense is common... Lol

Originally posted by Eye_Spy View Post
                            Hey All,

Comment

It's easier to find your file but you start from the bottom and go through the process like Everybody else
                              I guess it was worth a shot. Maybe there's an unofficial greasing of the wheels once they find out where you currently work lol.

Comment

• [QUOTE=20NOutLife;3649903]It sucks buddy but it's true what junior said. You will be starting from the bottom like everybody else. I t_hink they should process the current officer/investigator that's already on a job who meets all the requirements first. It would make sense since these guys be thru background check and training. But that's just wishful, it's the MTA, I don't think common sense is common... Lol[/QUOT

Well I've experienced quite alot "no common sense" since Ive been on the city payroll.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7073 users online. 381 members and 6692 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X