Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by republicangopmh View Post
    Anyone know the Pay scale, or Top Pay?
    I believe it's around 39k during the academy and goes up to 42k around the 11 week. Then after five years goes up to 65k. Union is fighting to get it up to 76k like the other LEO agencies. I heard there's a lot of mandatory ot for some assignments and there's no ot for others. I'm not otj so I'm not sure about how true that is. Anybody sees this and knows better correct me please

NYC law enforcement hopeful

Comment

Anyone know the Pay scale, or Top Pay?
      The current minimum salary for Bridge and Tunnel Officers is $34,903 per annum increasing to $41,062 after eleven weeks of training. Incumbents will receive salary increments, reaching $65,037 per annum after completion of five years of employment. These rates are subject to change. The benefits of this position include night salary differentials, paid holidays, vacations, sick leave, a comprehensive medical plan, contributions by MTA Bridges and Tunnels to the pension and welfare funds, and an annual uniform allowance.

Can TBTA Officers carry a firearm off duty?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jbenz View Post
        The current minimum salary for Bridge and Tunnel Officers is $34,903 per annum increasing to $41,062 after eleven weeks of training. Incumbents will receive salary increments, reaching $65,037 per annum after completion of five years of employment. These rates are subject to change. The benefits of this position include night salary differentials, paid holidays, vacations, sick leave, a comprehensive medical plan, contributions by MTA Bridges and Tunnels to the pension and welfare funds, and an annual uniform allowance.

Can TBTA Officers carry a firearm off duty?
        After 6 months on the job you can carry off duty (service weapon only) then I believe once the 18 month period ends you can purchase an off duty weapon glock 26 and glock 19 are the only firearms tbta allows you to carry.

Comment

• Thanks guys!
          NYC Corrections Exam: 2322
          Academy: March 2015 (Got the call!!) NYCDOC

Comment

• Originally posted by Junior214 View Post
            I believe it's around 39k during the academy and goes up to 42k around the 11 week. Then after five years goes up to 65k. Union is fighting to get it up to 76k like the other LEO agencies. I heard there's a lot of mandatory ot for some assignments and there's no ot for others. I'm not otj so I'm not sure about how true that is. Anybody sees this and knows better correct me please

Also keep in mind that there is lots of OT. On other older posts some current TBTA officers stated that in the first year you can expect to bring home $50's-$60's in your first year with decent overtime. Guys at top pay sometimes bring home 6 figures with OT.

Comment

• Originally posted by WILLDOGS View Post
              Also keep in mind that there is lots of OT. On other older posts some current TBTA officers stated that in the first year you can expect to bring home $50's-$60's in your first year with decent overtime. Guys at top pay sometimes bring home 6 figures with OT.
              That's really good for people who want OT horrible for those who don't. It's law enforcement so expect it if not this isn't for you

Comment

• Originally posted by impact87 View Post
                It's not that hard you can definitely get it before the exam. Just added the tow endorsement to my CDL last week.
                Impact87 where did you get the study material for tow truck endorsement, I can't find it on the CDL manual

Comment

• Hopefully we will be getting screened and going through the process around this time headed to an academy three months tomorrow until the test date can't wait

Comment

• Originally posted by impact87 View Post
                    It's not that hard you can definitely get it before the exam. Just added the tow endorsement to my CDL last week.
                    Impact87 where did you get the study material for tow truck endorsement, I can't find it on the CDL manual

Comment

• Does any on know , who does the pych interview? Is it NYPD or MTA? I hope I don't get Dq like I did from NYPD. It's the only thing I'm worried about.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYC4 View Post
                        Does any on know , who does the pych interview? Is it NYPD or MTA? I hope I don't get Dq like I did from NYPD. It's the only thing I'm worried about.
                        Nypd doesn't do anything with tbta its separate agencies but you being Dq I'm sure will come up good luck

Comment

• Exam in March, results in September, October/November I say start picking from the list.
                          NYC Corrections Exam: 2322
                          Academy: March 2015 (Got the call!!) NYCDOC

Comment

Does any on know , who does the pych interview? Is it NYPD or MTA? I hope I don't get Dq like I did from NYPD. It's the only thing I'm worried about.
                            You and me both

Comment

Exam in March, results in September, October/November I say start picking from the list.
                              Sounds about right. Someone posted that they are looking to get the first class in for Fall 2015 a few pages back.

Comment

It's not on the CDL manual. Tow truck has its own book. Go to the DMV and ask them for the tow truck manual.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9638 users online. 432 members and 9206 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X