X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perpwatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by Josel1992 View Post

Lol are you serious ? Where did you find this out ? They are going to grade the exam 4 years after we actually took it
    I'm pretty sure he was joking.

Leave a comment:

• Josel1992
    replied
    Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
    They will grade this exam sometime in 2019 .
    Lol are you serious ? Where did you find this out ? They are going to grade the exam 4 years after we actually took it

Leave a comment:

• CO HOPEFUL
    replied
    They will grade this exam sometime in 2019 .

Leave a comment:

• Josel1992
    replied
    Wow this is a joke, over 2 years after the exam and still no scores or list established

Leave a comment:

• Stroby24991
    replied
    Originally posted by Patriot91 View Post
    I'm currently a Police Officer within NYS (wont say which department), but i'll begin by saying i respect TBTA just as much as any other LEO agency. However, I think it's a disservice to make them peace officers and not police officers. If counter-terrorism is their #1 concern they should be able to make level three encounters(SQ&F). They should also have k9s, long guns, and boats to patrol the bridges. They should have just expanded MTA police and merged together.
    A buddy of mine was a retired sgt with the tbta and he said the job was great. Unfortunately when MTA proposed merging tbta to MTA Police alot of the bridge and tunnel officers voted against it because of senority and etc. I think that was a dumb move on their part. But I always said the same thing they should have forced it through and giving them police status and expanded their units.

Now it looks like from what a NYS Trooper told me that they will not be hiring off the list and that it comes down to political bullcrap from the governor and the mayor.

Leave a comment:

• MrInk1025
    replied
    so now that mta tbta 5606 is 2 years old is there any feedback up to date information now in April 2017

Leave a comment:

• Patriot91
    replied
    Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
    They don't need police power to sqf a car.

How is it a disservice?
    Because you are essentially doing the same job as PAPD and MTAPD, and sometimes doing additional duties. That's why you deserve the title of police, which along with that would come higher salaries. But my guess is that is one of the main reasons they will remain peace officers.

Leave a comment:

• NYCTNT
    replied
    They don't need police power to sqf a car.

How is it a disservice?

Leave a comment:

• Patriot91
    replied
    I'm currently a Police Officer within NYS (wont say which department), but i'll begin by saying i respect TBTA just as much as any other LEO agency. However, I think it's a disservice to make them peace officers and not police officers. If counter-terrorism is their #1 concern they should be able to make level three encounters(SQ&F). They should also have k9s, long guns, and boats to patrol the bridges. They should have just expanded MTA police and merged together.

Leave a comment:

• NoHwyAvailable
    replied
    Good afternoon all. I know that everyone has been frustrated to say the least about this test and the outcome so far. I'm going to give you this update not to give false hope but to uplift some spirits.

There have been a recent round of promotions that occured with more scheduled in the near future. Promotions to sergeant, lieutenant, captain and inspector have occured.

Annual in service has been expanded to two full weeks with added curriculum. Also, the authority is expanding the number of training instructors assigned to the academy and the new training facility has opened. They are further looking to expand our Special Operations Division and Highway Unit by bringing in additional officers.

So there you have it. Hopefully the next step is to certify this exam and get a list established. There may be some light at the end of the tunnel just yet. (No pun intended).
    Last edited by NoHwyAvailable; 03-17-2017, 02:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CO HOPEFUL
    replied
    The list will probably be established sometime in 2019

Leave a comment:

• WILLDOGS
    replied
    Happy 2 Year Anniversary since we all took this damn test

Leave a comment:

• zFinest
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert_212 View Post

no hard feelings brother...at the end of the day, we are professionals at what we do best. We walk the same blue line whether fed, state or local. We all took an oath of office at one point. We all entitle to our opinions and views. We all just have to be opened to criticism and take it with a grain of salt.

P.S
    I would have to say, i am almost positive i have seized more drugs, currency, dealt with more people with terrorist ties, than all those 6 month rookies on foot patrol you mentioned put together in the years of works i've done. Not to mention the paper pushing intel gathering i do with a few of your NYPD colleagues, But thats another topic i am open to discuss at another time if you wish.

at the end of the day i extend my respect to LEOs specially NYPD.. my wife works for PSA ( i wont say the numer) in impact i think she mentions, dont know much about it but she says them verticals be kiiling her..lol

stay safe brother..
    Why are you trolling BTOs page? I just finish reading all the things you was saying and it was uncalled for. Calling them peace officers and all these names aren't right.
    Last edited by zFinest; 02-24-2017, 04:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nycapomts
    replied
    Originally posted by Klaxhacks View Post

I personally haven't had a problem with either TBTA or NYPD Highway with me being a Peace Officer from another agency. I've treated both with respect when being pulled over and they showed the same respect back.

I never had a problem with TBTA I think they bunch great people , including TBTA Highway.. I never gotten stopped by NYPD Highway on still one time and I respectfully and humble showed by credentials and still gave me a speeding ticket for 21 over on a 50 in Bronx.. I never tag any LEO...

Leave a comment:

• Klaxhacks
    replied
    Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
    I don't think they are worse then NYPD Highway that tags other MOS from other agencies.
    I personally haven't had a problem with either TBTA or NYPD Highway with me being a Peace Officer from another agency. I've treated both with respect when being pulled over and they showed the same respect back.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5854 users online. 206 members and 5648 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X