X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REDBIRD1031
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryouacopyet? View Post
    Not stereotyping in any sort of way. just saying my personal experience with the station agents. I've asked many agents very simple questions and/or requests like condense multiple metro cards to one. and every single one got an attitude like im bothering them. yes i agree with you if they got they got same training as EMTs or any LEO's some would do stuff. But don't they get training/ have experience with customer service? do they expect to have a customer service based job and not deal with customers?
    To answer your QUES briefly yes they do receive training but just like so many other city jobs that deal with the public, some aren't very good at it..

Leave a comment:

• gbotj
    replied
    This thread took a ridiculous left turn...

Leave a comment:

• Ryouacopyet?
    replied
    Originally posted by REDBIRD1031 View Post
    in all fairness you can't say what you think station agents will do or not do, they are two totally different jobs. If they received the same training you received IM sure some could, and yes I do understand it's not an easy job.. And yes I do know a few ems workers..
    My point is not how some may feel station agents are over paid but how some law enforcement are underpaid, especially ems workers, you guys are most def underpaid...you obviously agree with that, hence your forum name...BELEIVE me nobody is getting rich with $30 hr. Lol and no I'm not a station agent. Lol... just my opinion
    Not stereotyping in any sort of way. just saying my personal experience with the station agents. I've asked many agents very simple questions and/or requests like condense multiple metro cards to one. and every single one got an attitude like im bothering them. yes i agree with you if they got they got same training as EMTs or any LEO's some would do stuff. But don't they get training/ have experience with customer service? do they expect to have a customer service based job and not deal with customers?

Leave a comment:

• 20NOutLife
    replied
    Rest in peace nypd officer Brian Moore #469

Leave a comment:

• REDBIRD1031
    replied
    Well yesterday i went to a outdoor highschool track and it seemed huge. I figured going around twice maybe three times would equal a mile, and i figured thats doable.. Until i asked this lady and she said its a quarter mile , so thats 6 times around that large feild. Geeze i guess i forgot what a quarter mile looks like. Now that the weather is warm i better get real familiar real quick...

Leave a comment:

• REDBIRD1031
    replied
    Originally posted by nyscohopeful View Post
    the problem isn't that station agents are overpaid, it's that a vast majority of them seem to have an attitude when you ask them anything, especially something that involves them fixing a metrocard issue. $30 an hour is not bad considering many people in the city make a lot less. Given how much the station agents make and considering they are public servants they should be very eager to answer questions and help people out. I've encountered more helpful employees at fast food restaurants.
    lolol you are correct ..funny but true.. Dealing with the public can be difficult for some..you need to have thick skin. Perhaps they dont know how to treat each and every individual as exactly that. Just because someone does or says something negative toward you doesnt mean the next person will..so for some there defense is already up and for others i guess there just born nasty lol. Thats def something they need to improve on..
    Last edited by REDBIRD1031; 05-02-2015, 08:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NYSCOHopeful
    replied
    Originally posted by REDBIRD1031 View Post
    in all fairness you can't say what you think station agents will do or not do, they are two totally different jobs. If they received the same training you received IM sure some could, and yes I do understand it's not an easy job.. And yes I do know a few ems workers..
    My point is not how some may feel station agents are over paid but how some law enforcement are underpaid, especially ems workers, you guys are most def underpaid...you obviously agree with that, hence your forum name...BELEIVE me nobody is getting rich with $30 hr. Lol and no I'm not a station agent. Lol... just my opinion
    The problem isn't that station agents are overpaid, it's that a vast majority of them seem to have an attitude when you ask them ANYTHING, especially something that involves them fixing a metrocard issue. $30 an hour is not bad considering many people in the city make A LOT less. Given how much the station agents make AND considering they are public servants they should be very eager to answer questions and help people out. I've encountered more helpful employees at fast food restaurants.

Leave a comment:

• REDBIRD1031
    replied
    Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
    No buddy, it's not worth more. Everybody knows that nobody goes into this career field for the money or getting rich. But it's a sense of public service and to help other people. That's why we do what we do. But to pay these guys more than paramedic saving life's with all kind of specialize training, put them in the same payscale as a firefighter or correction or cop after 3 years is insulting and wrong.
    I know exactly why one is otj . And I know it's not about the money. But that still DOESNT change my opinion . I BELEIVE some law enforcement are underpaid , even if you DONT agree.. If you read back I did not say that $30 hr is justifiable .. What I wrote was about some law enforcement being under paid

Leave a comment:

• REDBIRD1031
    replied
    Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
    Their jobs are more important and harder than EMS that's why they get paid more -__-. It's disgusting how much they get paid to sit behind a glass window. Don't try to justify it in any way. Heck they get paid more than BTOs. Don't make their jobs make important or dangerous then it really is because your not fooling anyone. I would love one of them to sit in the back with a crazy EDP acting up or have blood of someone with HIV all of you, I doubt they would even stand infront of a burning building waiting for patients to be brought to them.

Leave a comment:

• NYCpoorest
    replied
    Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
    No they won't do any of that. They going to stay sleeping in their booth on the midnight and get mad at you for asking where the bathroom is. If they have a edp or problem, The y going to call the cop to arrest them and expect the CO to keep them under control and off the street. im
    Then we (EMS) and PD have to fight with this EDP with everyone and their mothers recording. So sad

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7902 users online. 372 members and 7530 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X