300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
    The pay is around $30hr with the new contract .
    SO, i just did some simple math and calculate something. FireFighter/Police Officer/Correction Officer only make a top base pay $76,488 which is about $36.70hr after 5.5 YEARS.(Not counting everything else) We risked our life and limbs to protect and save others. Paramedic/EMT barely makes $25hr and they rushing in to save lifes and are the initial "doctor" for people, requires a TON of training. But you telling me a station clerk that gives direction and sell metro card makes $30hr after 3 years is ridiculous. No education require or background check, etc. I just think that this is a little unfair, especially when MTA is always crying broke and raising fares and demanding more support from tax payers. If it was a train operator or bus driver etc. i would understand but station clerk, Gotta love the MTA logic for doing things. Im pro-union but in this case, during their next contract talks, i think the MTA should lower their pays for the new guys and if they stalled out, no problem, phase out the job. Create a new title called customer service and have a lower salary. YES I KNOW IM HATING, JUST A LITTLE BIT. LMAO, dont judge me.
    Last edited by 20NOutLife; 05-01-2015, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
      Because that's FDNYs color
      And i think some FDNY have red background because they are armed, Fire Marshall, Inspector etc. But im going to see a Firefighter ID card next time and see if there are red as well. Just made me curious

Comment

Because that's FDNYs color
        True, but FDNY firefighters are also Uniformed MOS, so I think thats what the red background for them depicts.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPD14AUX View Post
          True, but FDNY firefighters are also Uniformed MOS, so I think thats what the red background for them depicts.
          So are DSNY sanitation worker, theyre considered uniformed MOS too but their background isnt red. I still think red has to do with being armed or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPD14AUX View Post
            Fdny EMS is also uniformed mos

Comment

• Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
              SO, i just did some simple math and calculate something. FireFighter/Police Officer/Correction Officer only make a top base pay $76,488 which is about $36.70hr after 5.5 YEARS.(Not counting everything else) We risked our life and limbs to protect and save others. Paramedic/EMT barely makes $25hr and they rushing in to save lifes and are the initial "doctor" for people, requires a TON of training. But you telling me a station clerk that gives direction and sell metro card makes $30hr after 3 years is ridiculous. No education require or background check, etc. I just think that this is a little unfair, especially when MTA is always crying broke and raising fares and demanding more support from tax payers. If it was a train operator or bus driver etc. i would understand but station clerk, Gotta love the MTA logic for doing things. Im pro-union but in this case, during their next contract talks, i think the MTA should lower their pays for the new guys and if they stalled out, no problem, phase out the job. Create a new title called customer service and have a lower salary. YES I KNOW IM HATING, JUST A LITTLE BIT. LMAO, dont judge me.
              I BELEIVE ALMOST $30 HR IS AFTER 2016 FOR STATION AGENT. BUT MAYBE THATS NOT THE PROBLEM. MAYBE ITS $36.70 HR IS NOT ENOUGH FOR SOMEONE THAT IS A TARGET OUT THERE FOR MANY EDP's N PERPS OUT THERE . MAYBE PUTTING YOUR LIFE ON THE LINE EVERYTIME YOU PUT THAT UNIFORM ON OR HANG THAT SHEILD AROUND YOUR NECK.. IS WORTH MORE
              Last edited by REDBIRD1031; 05-01-2015, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by REDBIRD1031 View Post
                I BELEIVE ALMOST $30 HR IS AFTER 2016 FOR STATION AGENT. BUT MAYBE THATS NOT THE PROBLEM. MAYBE ITS $37.50 HR IS NOT ENOUGH FOR SOMEONE THAT IS A TARGET OUT THERE FOR MANY EDP's N PERPS OUT THERE . MAYBE PUTTING YOUR LIFE ON THE LINE EVERYTIME YOU PUT THAT UNIFORM ON OR HANG THAT SHEILD AROUND YOUR NECK.. IS WORTH MORE
                Their jobs are more important and harder than EMS that's why they get paid more -__-. It's disgusting how much they get paid to sit behind a glass window. Don't try to justify it in any way. Heck they get paid more than BTOs. Don't make their jobs make important or dangerous then it really is because your not fooling anyone. I would love one of them to sit in the back with a crazy EDP acting up or have blood of someone with HIV all of you, I doubt they would even stand infront of a burning building waiting for patients to be brought to them.
                Last edited by NYCpoorest; 05-01-2015, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Station Agents have been phased out going on twenty years now...

paying 10 employees at $50 an hour is easier and cheaper than paying a 100 employees at $30 an hour. Especially when you NEED the 100 employees, and the ten employees you can always re-assign & re-trained them to do some other task/duties.

Comment

• Station agents have not been phased out .

Comment

• Originally posted by TruGuardian View Post
                      Station Agents have been phased out going on twenty years now...

paying 10 employees at $50 an hour is easier and cheaper than paying a 100 employees at $30 an hour. Especially when you NEED the 100 employees, and the ten employees you can always re-assign & re-trained them to do some other task/duties.
                      They haven't been phase out my friend. They are still hiring people. As a matter of fact I think they having another test real soon for these overpaid customers service job. Secondly, why even pay them $30hr, I bet if MTA was smart and change their salary to 20-25, there will still be an abundance amount of people applying.

Comment

• Originally posted by REDBIRD1031 View Post
                        I BELEIVE ALMOST $30 HR IS AFTER 2016 FOR STATION AGENT. BUT MAYBE THATS NOT THE PROBLEM. MAYBE ITS $36.70 HR IS NOT ENOUGH FOR SOMEONE THAT IS A TARGET OUT THERE FOR MANY EDP's N PERPS OUT THERE . MAYBE PUTTING YOUR LIFE ON THE LINE EVERYTIME YOU PUT THAT UNIFORM ON OR HANG THAT SHEILD AROUND YOUR NECK.. IS WORTH MORE
                        No buddy, it's not worth more. Everybody knows that nobody goes into this career field for the money or getting rich. But it's a sense of public service and to help other people. That's why we do what we do. But to pay these guys more than paramedic saving life's with all kind of specialize training, put them in the same payscale as a firefighter or correction or cop after 3 years is insulting and wrong.

Comment

Their jobs are more important and harder than EMS that's why they get paid more -__-. It's disgusting how much they get paid to sit behind a glass window. Don't try to justify it in any way. Heck they get paid more than BTOs. Don't make their jobs make important or dangerous then it really is because your not fooling anyone. I would love one of them to sit in the back with a crazy EDP acting up or have blood of someone with HIV all of you, I doubt they would even stand infront of a burning building waiting for patients to be brought to them.
                          No they won't do any of that. They going to stay sleeping in their booth on the midnight and get mad at you for asking where the bathroom is. If they have a edp or problem, The y going to call the cop to arrest them and expect the CO to keep them under control and off the street. im

Comment

No they won't do any of that. They going to stay sleeping in their booth on the midnight and get mad at you for asking where the bathroom is. If they have a edp or problem, The y going to call the cop to arrest them and expect the CO to keep them under control and off the street. im
                            Then we (EMS) and PD have to fight with this EDP with everyone and their mothers recording. So sad

Comment

in all fairness you can't say what you think station agents will do or not do, they are two totally different jobs. If they received the same training you received IM sure some could, and yes I do understand it's not an easy job.. And yes I do know a few ems workers..
                              My point is not how some may feel station agents are over paid but how some law enforcement are underpaid, especially ems workers, you guys are most def underpaid...you obviously agree with that, hence your forum name...BELEIVE me nobody is getting rich with $30 hr. Lol and no I'm not a station agent. Lol... just my opinion

Comment

No buddy, it's not worth more. Everybody knows that nobody goes into this career field for the money or getting rich. But it's a sense of public service and to help other people. That's why we do what we do. But to pay these guys more than paramedic saving life's with all kind of specialize training, put them in the same payscale as a firefighter or correction or cop after 3 years is insulting and wrong.
                                I know exactly why one is otj . And I know it's not about the money. But that still DOESNT change my opinion . I BELEIVE some law enforcement are underpaid , even if you DONT agree.. If you read back I did not say that $30 hr is justifiable .. What I wrote was about some law enforcement being under paid

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9489 users online. 368 members and 9121 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X