300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 20noutlife View Post
    as long as the paycheck is right, thats all that matter. I just think that its the mta, they didnt want to give them police title because at first they were toll collectors and later, they had guns to deter from being rob at the toll booth. It has transition to alot more law enforcement duties since then. The general public arent really aware of tbta, my friend "nypd" pulled over a bto, and the bto identify himself, and my buddy was like, where do u work/what do u do. He thought those guys were papd. Lol, but he didnt write him because he said, his id photo was red so he should be good guy that might come to his help one day in the street if hes rolling around with a perp. Good logic.

But like every agencies i notice, everything takes years if not decades for change. And also, how would that work, they have the mta pd and tbta pd. Now tbta might want pay parity with mta pd. Which going to require more taxes from the public and increasing fares. Its going to open up a big can of worms. On a side note, just it bother anybody else that we pay taxes to subsidize the mta even if we dont use public transportation and they make very good money with great benefits. Ive heard station clerk makes about $31/hr after three years with full benefits and nycer retirement to sell metro cards and give direction. Smh, wish i would of known about that sooner, forget going to the service or college. Lol
    station agents make around $25-$27 hr after 3 YRS.. The Red I.D. is for males blue are for females . THATS MTA NON LAW ENFORCEMENT
    Last edited by REDBIRD1031; 05-01-2015, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• I don't know what NYCT does but red background photo for TBTA has nothing to do with gender. Red background photo designates armed law enforcement, blue is civilian just as 20nout stated
      sigpic

Comment

• Thanks Sarge, I thought I might had been wrong about tbta. I work with alot of other agencies and I remember all their id being red. Like nypd, da invest. Doc, sheriff, court, etc.

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
        I don't know what NYCT does but red background photo for TBTA has nothing to do with gender. Red background photo designates armed law enforcement, blue is civilian just as 20nout stated

Comment

• Originally posted by REDBIRD1031 View Post
          station agents make around $25-$27 hr after 3 YRS.. The Red I.D. is for males blue are for females . THATS MTA NON LAW ENFORCEMENT
          OK $27 is still really good after 3yrs to sell metro card and give direction. Lol. I thought it was $31 with there new contract. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
            as long as the paycheck is right, thats all that matter. I just think that its the MTA, they didnt want to give them police title because at first they were toll collectors and later, they had guns to deter from being rob at the toll booth. It has transition to alot more law enforcement duties since then. The general public arent really aware of TBTA, my friend "NYPD" pulled over a BTO, and the BTO identify himself, and my buddy was like, where do u work/what do u do. He thought those guys were PAPD. lol, but he didnt write him because he said, his ID photo was red so he should be good guy that might come to his help one day in the street if hes rolling around with a perp. good logic.

But like every agencies i notice, everything takes years if not decades for change. And also, how would that work, they have the MTA PD and TBTA PD. Now TBTA might want pay parity with MTA PD. which going to require more taxes from the public and increasing fares. its going to open up a big can of worms. on a side note, just it bother anybody else that we pay taxes to subsidize the MTA even if we dont use public transportation and they make very good money with great benefits. Ive heard station clerk makes about $31/hr after three years with full benefits and NYCER retirement to sell metro cards and give direction. smh, wish i would of known about that sooner, forget going to the service or college. lol

We were never armed to deter toll booth robberies. Since the 60's before peace officer status, Sgts and Lieutenants had Special Patrolman status and carried .38's all the way up to 9/11, so did the Desk Officers, and regular Officers were unarmed on post until you collared up, then you went and strapped your gun on for arrest processing. You are correct to a point that in the early 90's, Sgts were issued shotguns to stand on the plaza, during the height of the robberies. In 2000, and just before 9/11 they were working out the plans to arm all MOS, then 9/11 happened and that day everyone was armed.

I can't tell you how many times I've been at Criminal Court, Traffic Court, Central Booking etc etc and talking to NYPD guys, and it wasn't about 15 minutes into conversations that they realized I was TBTA, they all think the collar brass is a Transit Bureau unit. The truth is most people think it's PAPD or NYPD on the bridges and tunnels.

Taxpayers don't pay our salary, the tolls do.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Sarge, I thought I might had been wrong about tbta. I work with alot of other agencies and I remember all their id being red. Like nypd, da invest. Doc, sheriff, court, etc.

You are correct, it's a quick way to identify law enforcement status.
              Whatever that thing about gender is with NYCT red/blue just sounds ridiculous.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                You are correct, it's a quick way to identify law enforcement status.
                Whatever that thing about gender is with NYCT red/blue just sounds ridiculous.
                Sounds like something a women would of sued for already for sex discrimination.

Comment

• Thank you for clarifying it Sarge. There's really not Alot of info abt tbta unless u get it from somebody otj. It's always good to get details from a good source.

Does the MTA take the profit and revenue that tbta generate. I knew tbta get their income from toll revenue. I was refering to MTA when I mention tax subsidiary.

And do u think u guys are going to get the 25 yrs any age retirement. That would be ideal like most other agency because 50 yrs old is too old.. Lol.. No offense to any senior guys

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                  We were never armed to deter toll booth robberies. Since the 60's before peace officer status, Sgts and Lieutenants had Special Patrolman status and carried .38's all the way up to 9/11, so did the Desk Officers, and regular Officers were unarmed on post until you collared up, then you went and strapped your gun on for arrest processing. You are correct to a point that in the early 90's, Sgts were issued shotguns to stand on the plaza, during the height of the robberies. In 2000, and just before 9/11 they were working out the plans to arm all MOS, then 9/11 happened and that day everyone was armed.

I can't tell you how many times I've been at Criminal Court, Traffic Court, Central Booking etc etc and talking to NYPD guys, and it wasn't about 15 minutes into conversations that they realized I was TBTA, they all think the collar brass is a Transit Bureau unit. The truth is most people think it's PAPD or NYPD on the bridges and tunnels.

Taxpayers don't pay our salary, the tolls do.

Comment

I don't know what NYCT does but red background photo for TBTA has nothing to do with gender. Red background photo designates armed law enforcement, blue is civilian just as 20nout stated
                    Yeah Copy that I know about the red back round ID for law enforcement .
                    Last edited by REDBIRD1031; 05-01-2015, 03:21 PM.

Comment

OK $27 is still really good after 3yrs to sell metro card and give direction. Lol. I thought it was $31 with there new contract. Lol
                      Your correct it is good pay for the job

Comment

you are correct, it's a quick way to identify law enforcement status.
                        Whatever that thing about gender is with nyct red/blue just sounds ridiculous.
                        lol yeah im not sure what there reasoning with that is. Lol

Comment

Thank you for clarifying it Sarge. There's really not Alot of info abt tbta unless u get it from somebody otj. It's always good to get details from a good source.

Does the MTA take the profit and revenue that tbta generate. I knew tbta get their income from toll revenue. I was refering to MTA when I mention tax subsidiary.

And do u think u guys are going to get the 25 yrs any age retirement. That would be ideal like most other agency because 50 yrs old is too old.. Lol.. No offense to any senior guys
                          They are trying to take pensions away from civil service employees, 20/50 is the best it's gonna get. The age 50, only hurts you if you are hired prior to reaching 30 years old.
                          sigpic

Comment

The pay is around $30hr with the new contract .

Comment

If this is true then FDNY should be armed, they have red background pictures on their IDs.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPD14AUX View Post
                                If this is true then FDNY should be armed, they have red background pictures on their IDs.
                                Because that's FDNYs color

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6940 users online. 374 members and 6566 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X