300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
    thanks but that is actually slow, i almost didnt pass. i had to drink 3 red bulls for that. LOL, 2 miles sucks!, especially that last half mile. i had to sprint for 30 seconds and jog for 30 seconds..lol.oh man, i barely passed. I gotta really get back in the track and run everyday in order to be confident about the TBTA exam.
    Same here i really got to work on my running. I mean just got back into it and i run 3 times a week but i definitely have to push it more. But you shouldn't have to worry at all you will definitely pass the physical, keep it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
      Same here i really got to work on my running. I mean just got back into it and i run 3 times a week but i definitely have to push it more. But you shouldn't have to worry at all you will definitely pass the physical, keep it up.
      Thank you for the kind words brother. I'm confident about passing it but i dont want to be too cocky because thats when you mess up. running three times a week is good, but u should do interval training, and try doing 2 miles because the 1.5 miles should be no sweat, if u want, PM me, i have some good miltiary running strategies that may help!!! I hope you get call you and in 10 years we can talk about how we spoke on officer.com. well, thats if i decide to stay on TBTA and not run back to DOC. lol.....

btw..if it comes down it, i'll defer the process so u can take the last slot for the class if need be. =)

Comment

Thank you for the kind words brother. I'm confident about passing it but i dont want to be too cocky because thats when you mess up. running three times a week is good, but u should do interval training, and try doing 2 miles because the 1.5 miles should be no sweat, if u want, PM me, i have some good miltiary running strategies that may help!!! I hope you get call you and in 10 years we can talk about how we spoke on officer.com. well, thats if i decide to stay on TBTA and not run back to DOC. lol.....

btw..if it comes down it, i'll defer the process so u can take the last slot for the class if need be. =)
        No problem and yeah good looks bro lol. But I'll definitely get the running more intense in a couple of weeks, im just going at a moderate pace right now and work my way up from there. Definitely pm me some info on the military running strategies. Always good to get advice from a vet.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
          I wonder why tbta vehicles don't say "police" on them. Yes I know there not police but neither is CCPD DHS POLICE OR HOSPITAL POLICE and all their cars say police on them. Curious
          Sarge any idea behind this ?

Comment

I wonder why tbta vehicles don't say "police" on them. Yes I know there not police but neither is CCPD DHS POLICE OR HOSPITAL POLICE and all their cars say police on them. Curious
            Maybe it's so people show DHS/NYHP more respect and don't think they are just hospital and shelter security. That can go a long way in the eyes of the public and add as an extra deterrent to criminal activity if a perp knows they can be arrested. Just a thought.

Comment

Sarge any idea behind this ?
              I don't know, I care more about my pay check than what my patch says. People pay more attention to the gun on your hip than the word police on your patch.
              A certain element of the public believes you are not a cop unless you have a gun, regardless if your dressed as ESU with police stamped on your forehead.
              sigpic

Comment

• What union is cover by Bridge & Tunnel Officer, United Federal of Law Enforcement Officers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Transit Bus Driver View Post
                  What union is cover by Bridge & Tunnel Officer, United Federal of Law Enforcement Officers?
                  BTOBA (Bridge and Tunnel Officers Benevolent Association). BTOs are not Federal Officers.

Comment

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                    I don't know, I care more about my pay check than what my patch says. People pay more attention to the gun on your hip than the word police on your patch.
                    A certain element of the public believes you are not a cop unless you have a gun, regardless if your dressed as ESU with police stamped on your forehead.
                    ok......... just weird they have it and BTO doesn't. Never did I think it was important.
                    Last edited by NYCpoorest; 04-30-2015, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• as long as the paycheck is right, thats all that matter. I just think that its the MTA, they didnt want to give them police title because at first they were toll collectors and later, they had guns to deter from being rob at the toll booth. It has transition to alot more law enforcement duties since then. The general public arent really aware of TBTA, my friend "NYPD" pulled over a BTO, and the BTO identify himself, and my buddy was like, where do u work/what do u do. He thought those guys were PAPD. lol, but he didnt write him because he said, his ID photo was red so he should be good guy that might come to his help one day in the street if hes rolling around with a perp. good logic.

But like every agencies i notice, everything takes years if not decades for change. And also, how would that work, they have the MTA PD and TBTA PD. Now TBTA might want pay parity with MTA PD. which going to require more taxes from the public and increasing fares. its going to open up a big can of worms. on a side note, just it bother anybody else that we pay taxes to subsidize the MTA even if we dont use public transportation and they make very good money with great benefits. Ive heard station clerk makes about $31/hr after three years with full benefits and NYCER retirement to sell metro cards and give direction. smh, wish i would of known about that sooner, forget going to the service or college. lol
                      Last edited by 20NOutLife; 05-01-2015, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSCOHopeful View Post
                        BTOBA (Bridge and Tunnel Officers Benevolent Association). BTOs are not Federal Officers.
                        NYSCOHopeful, thanks for the info. I know BTO's are not Federal Officers, but I was searching for the Labor Agreements or Contract with NYC Transit. I noticed this: United Federation of Law Enforcement Officers UFLEO 2010-2018 MOU on the MTA pages. I searched the BTO http://www.btoba.org/ Union website, but did not find a copy of the contract. Maybe any BTO on here can give us some info on the labor agreement ?

Comment

as long as the paycheck is right, thats all that matter. I just think that its the MTA, they didnt want to give them police title because at first they were toll collectors and later, they had guns to deter from being rob at the toll booth. It has transition to alot more law enforcement duties since then. The general public arent really aware of TBTA, my friend "NYPD" pulled over a BTO, and the BTO identify himself, and my buddy was like, where do u work/what do u do. He thought those guys were PAPD. lol, but he didnt write him because he said, his ID photo was red so he should be good guy that might come to his help one day in the street if hes rolling around with a perp. good logic.

But like every agencies i notice, everything takes years if not decades for change. And also, how would that work, they have the MTA PD and TBTA PD. Now TBTA might want pay parity with MTA PD. which going to require more taxes from the public and increasing fares. its going to open up a big can of worms. on a side note, just it bother anybody else that we pay taxes to subsidize the MTA even if we dont use public transportation and they make very good money with great benefits. Ive heard station clerk makes about $31/hr after three years with full benefits and NYCER retirement to sell metro cards and give direction. smh, wish i would of known about that sooner, forget going to the service or college. lol
                          What does the photo being red mean ?

Comment

What does the photo being red mean ?
                            It's the background of there ID like the colors are for civilian or officer

Comment

• Originally posted by Junior214 View Post
                              It's the background of there ID like the colors are for civilian or officer
                              Thank you thought it was something like that

Comment

Thank you thought it was something like that
                                Red identify armed law enforcement, blue/green means non armed or civilian, it's like that for most agency in NYS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6888 users online. 279 members and 6609 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X