Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It would be nice If TBTA accepts guys from other city uniformed services at their years of pay. The same way Nypd, correction, sanitation and FDNY.and if u have X amount of Years in one of those uniformed title and u transfer to another, then u come in at the X amount of Years in regards to pay. That would be so nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
      It would be nice If TBTA accepts guys from other city uniformed services at their years of pay. The same way Nypd, correction, sanitation and FDNY.and if u have X amount of Years in one of those uniformed title and u transfer to another, then u come in at the X amount of Years in regards to pay. That would be so nice!
      I think they're considered state employees. But are in the city's pension

Comment

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
        Yes, usually around January of each year they post up vacations, and based on seniority you pick all of your slots. As the junior guys expect vacations in March and April
        Got it... Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
          It would be nice If TBTA accepts guys from other city uniformed services at their years of pay. The same way Nypd, correction, sanitation and FDNY.and if u have X amount of Years in one of those uniformed title and u transfer to another, then u come in at the X amount of Years in regards to pay. That would be so nice!
          I agree,That is the only thing that has me concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
            I think they're considered state employees. But are in the city's pension
            Yeah bro, you're right and that confused the heck out of me. These quasi government agency. But I'm going to find that city admin law in regards to uniformed services and pay parity.

Comment

• Originally posted by REDBIRD1031 View Post
              I agree,That is the only thing that has me concerned.
              Tell me about it. Next payday is top pay. I feel like a kid waiting for Xmas morning. This is going to be a long 2 weeks. Lol
              Last edited by 20NOutLife; 04-27-2015, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• The only link we have to NYC is the pension. The MTA is a state agency, it would be like going from NYPD to MTAPD and expecting to stay at top pay.
                sigpic

Comment

• You are right Sarge, but nypd and mtapd have different pension system. TBTA are a city title- civil service job that's receiving their money off the NYCERS pension that most city employee contribute to. Lol. Or NYCERS should just drop TBTA from the pension and transfer them over to MTA retirement system. To make it totally separate. It's just wishful thinking sir, I know it probably won't happen. But it would be nice.

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                  The only link we have to NYC is the pension. The MTA is a state agency, it would be like going from NYPD to MTAPD and expecting to stay at top pay.

Comment

• How often do BTO'S pick work. Are the RDO'S together like sat/sun wed/Thurs etc. What are the odds of getting the VZ bridge?

Comment

• Originally posted by sinnyc View Post
                      How often do BTO'S pick work. Are the RDO'S together like sat/sun wed/Thurs etc. What are the odds of getting the VZ bridge?
                      I dont think there is a city job without consecutive RDOs. Good question though. And do you get double time for working on Sundays? or just Night diff? When do you get 4 weeks and 5 weeks vacation?

Comment

• Magic....In the same exact boat as you, just out in SI as a BO.
                        Last edited by sinnyc; 04-27-2015, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Magic....In the same exact boat as you, just out in SI as a BO.
                          Thats what I wanna hear! Fellow B/O...How'd you do on the test? And are you willing to commute now if you become BTO?

Comment

• Disregard that. I just saw your post about Verrazano bridge. I didnt know BTOs secure there.

Comment

How often do BTO'S pick work. Are the RDO'S together like sat/sun wed/Thurs etc. What are the odds of getting the VZ bridge?
                              Pretty good as per earlier in this thread.

Comment

• So far a guy that got a 100 on the test told me a bto friend of his said more than less that people with 100s or 1 wrong will be called in the first group. Guys with 2-4 wrong will be called in next year or 2. Im still hoping the ones with 2 wrong make it to the first group.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7659 users online. 418 members and 7241 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X