Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tbta 5606

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tell me about I think only navy seals or some marines. Can achieve that. Here's the rest of the exam. This might not be the exact exam but it's similar all across the country. I tested my self the other day I can run the mile and a half in 11 minutes. Pretty good considering I have not done it in years. Push ups I can do 75 non stop. Sit ups 45.
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • I wonder why tbta vehicles don't say "police" on them. Yes I know there not police but neither is CCPD DHS POLICE OR HOSPITAL POLICE and all their cars say police on them. Curious
      55.......

      Comment


      • Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
        I wonder why tbta vehicles don't say "police" on them. Yes I know there not police but neither is CCPD DHS POLICE OR HOSPITAL POLICE and all their cars say police on them. Curious
        You got a point there NYCpoorest! I was thinking the same thing. All these other agencies that has police in their patches or vehicle or title. Even though they have peace officer status and cant carry a firearm on duty or off duty. Why wouldnt the TBTA at least use it as well? I'm also very curious as to what their ID card say, does it say OFFICER or BRIDGE AND TUNNEL OFFICER? Anybody knows?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
          You got a point there NYCpoorest! I was thinking the same thing. All these other agencies that has police in their patches or vehicle or title. Even though they have peace officer status and cant carry a firearm on duty or off duty. Why wouldnt the TBTA at least use it as well? I'm also very curious as to what their ID card say, does it say OFFICER or BRIDGE AND TUNNEL OFFICER? Anybody knows?
          Minus CCPD tbta does more "police" work than those other agencies imo, not taking away anything from DHS police or hospital police
          Last edited by NYCpoorest; 04-25-2015, 03:57 AM.
          55.......

          Comment


          • thank you all for all the great information and good luck to all.

            Comment


            • Hey all. I've been reading for like the past 3 months but finally decided to create a user ID. March 7th am session here. With only TWO wrong. I got 16 & 63 wrong which I see no one else got wrong. but no biggy.

              Now I am in a very unique situation here. I am already with the MTA as a bus operator for 3.5 years now. Before this I was driving the greyhound bus for 4 years. So you figure thats 7 and a half years total. I am pretty much sick of driving for a living. I would have to be a bus operator 26 more years to retire seeing that I started the gig so young (B/Os are 25/55). Now from what I am hearing, BTOs do 20/50. Which would work out better for me because I'll be 30 years old in September. So I'd literally only have to do 20 years flat and be out. So here I have a few questions..

              1. Seeing that I am with the MTA (NYcers..local100), would my 4 weeks vacation time carry over?? What about AVA's, sick days, etc.?
              2. I know I would be taking a pay cut at first, but do BTOs have potential to make $90k? I made $75 last year and I just hit top pay in October.
              3. BTOs can carry ONLY in the entire state of NY? I heard NYPD cant leave the 5 boroughs with their firearms. (I could be wrong)
              4. eZpass.........BTOs get a lifetime one for the personal vehicle?? This would be pretty sweet if this is true.

              Thanks for the help and good luck to everyone who scored well and are looking forward o this position.

              Comment


              • Btos can carry state wide and across stateliness nypd can cross state lines they fall under federal law that gives them permission as a LEO to carry

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Magic_Wealthy View Post
                  Hey all. I've been reading for like the past 3 months but finally decided to create a user ID. March 7th am session here. With only TWO wrong. I got 16 & 63 wrong which I see no one else got wrong. but no biggy.

                  Now I am in a very unique situation here. I am already with the MTA as a bus operator for 3.5 years now. Before this I was driving the greyhound bus for 4 years. So you figure thats 7 and a half years total. I am pretty much sick of driving for a living. I would have to be a bus operator 26 more years to retire seeing that I started the gig so young (B/Os are 25/55). Now from what I am hearing, BTOs do 20/50. Which would work out better for me because I'll be 30 years old in September. So I'd literally only have to do 20 years flat and be out. So here I have a few questions..

                  1. Seeing that I am with the MTA (NYcers..local100), would my 4 weeks vacation time carry over?? What about AVA's, sick days, etc.?
                  2. I know I would be taking a pay cut at first, but do BTOs have potential to make $90k? I made $75 last year and I just hit top pay in October.
                  3. BTOs can carry ONLY in the entire state of NY? I heard NYPD cant leave the 5 boroughs with their firearms. (I could be wrong)
                  4. eZpass.........BTOs get a lifetime one for the personal vehicle?? This would be pretty sweet if this is true.

                  Thanks for the help and good luck to everyone who scored well and are looking forward o this position.
                  Not sure about 1 & 2 but..

                  3. Under HR 218/LEOSA (Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act) you can carry outside of NY (https://www.fop.net/legislative/issu...8/hr218faq.pdf)

                  4. I heard this also and I believe it's true but not 100% sure. Someone else will be able to give you a definitive answer.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Magic_Wealthy View Post
                    Hey all. I've been reading for like the past 3 months but finally decided to create a user ID. March 7th am session here. With only TWO wrong. I got 16 & 63 wrong which I see no one else got wrong. but no biggy.

                    Now I am in a very unique situation here. I am already with the MTA as a bus operator for 3.5 years now. Before this I was driving the greyhound bus for 4 years. So you figure thats 7 and a half years total. I am pretty much sick of driving for a living. I would have to be a bus operator 26 more years to retire seeing that I started the gig so young (B/Os are 25/55). Now from what I am hearing, BTOs do 20/50. Which would work out better for me because I'll be 30 years old in September. So I'd literally only have to do 20 years flat and be out. So here I have a few questions..

                    1. Seeing that I am with the MTA (NYcers..local100), would my 4 weeks vacation time carry over?? What about AVA's, sick days, etc.?
                    2. I know I would be taking a pay cut at first, but do BTOs have potential to make $90k? I made $75 last year and I just hit top pay in October.
                    3. BTOs can carry ONLY in the entire state of NY? I heard NYPD cant leave the 5 boroughs with their firearms. (I could be wrong)
                    4. eZpass.........BTOs get a lifetime one for the personal vehicle?? This would be pretty sweet if this is true.

                    Thanks for the help and good luck to everyone who scored well and are looking forward o this position.

                    1. You do not carry vacation time over, you start with 3 weeks like everyone else.
                    2. *****, you may be forced to make $90k!
                    3. Full, unrestricted carry 24/7 anywhere in the country.
                    4. Yes, you get free passage for life as long as you retire with atleast 10 years service.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                      1. You do not carry vacation time over, you start with 3 weeks like everyone else.
                      2. *****, you may be forced to make $90k!
                      3. Full, unrestricted carry 24/7 anywhere in the country.
                      4. Yes, you get free passage for life as long as you retire with atleast 10 years service.

                      Thanks everyone. Good read. Now last question for now. And this one is for you gbotj...what is the tattoo policy? I have a tatt on my left hand which I got about 7 years ago. Do they have to be covered while on the job or something of that sort? Its no profanity, just my name.

                      Comment


                      • No tattoo policy
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • GREAT! Hope to be on the job soon. :-)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by magic_wealthy View Post
                            hey all. I've been reading for like the past 3 months but finally decided to create a user id. March 7th am session here. With only two wrong. I got 16 & 63 wrong which i see no one else got wrong. But no biggy.

                            Now i am in a very unique situation here. I am already with the mta as a bus operator for 3.5 years now. Before this i was driving the greyhound bus for 4 years. So you figure thats 7 and a half years total. I am pretty much sick of driving for a living. I would have to be a bus operator 26 more years to retire seeing that i started the gig so young (b/os are 25/55). Now from what i am hearing, btos do 20/50. Which would work out better for me because i'll be 30 years old in september. So i'd literally only have to do 20 years flat and be out. So here i have a few questions..

                            1. Seeing that i am with the mta (nycers..local100), would my 4 weeks vacation time carry over?? What about ava's, sick days, etc.?
                            2. I know i would be taking a pay cut at first, but do btos have potential to make $90k? I made $75 last year and i just hit top pay in october.
                            3. Btos can carry only in the entire state of ny? I heard nypd cant leave the 5 boroughs with their firearms. (i could be wrong)
                            4. Ezpass.........btos get a lifetime one for the personal vehicle?? This would be pretty sweet if this is true.

                            Thanks for the help and good luck to everyone who scored well and are looking forward o this position.
                            Last edited by REDBIRD1031; 04-26-2015, 05:37 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                              1. You do not carry vacation time over, you start with 3 weeks like everyone else.
                              2. *****, you may be forced to make $90k!
                              3. Full, unrestricted carry 24/7 anywhere in the country.
                              4. Yes, you get free passage for life as long as you retire with atleast 10 years service.
                              hey gbot heres a quick ques. Do senior guys have dibs on summer months vacation, may june july aug??

                              Comment


                              • Yes, usually around January of each year they post up vacations, and based on seniority you pick all of your slots. As the junior guys expect vacations in March and April
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9318 users online. 523 members and 8795 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X