Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash Test
    replied
    We are now in December and with the anticipation of officers retiring we should hopefully see movement on this list but this list should have been established in 2015 and we should be getting ready to file for a new Bridge and Tunnel Officer Exam! If there is no movement by the spring then I'm going to start feeling like we are being scammed. They need at least 3 months to process applicants for the academy and if they start in March a class should be ready for the summer to enter that nice academy that they spent 12 Million dollars renovating. They most likely will not hire just one person off the list. It would be a waste of time and resources to send one person through the academy to train when they could just do a lateral transfer from a PD and then just give field training to that officer. I get why people are frustrated and feel that we've been ripped off for our money and cheated out of the opportunity to get this job but let's just have a little more patience and at least wait until the spring before we start contacting the Governors office or even better the Media!

Leave a comment:

• HighwayBob
    commented on 's reply
    No one here has recently "bashed the agency". I guess you're TBTA since no one outside that job calls it that.

The consensus of opinion is that no one will be hired and that the job will slowly fade away. Sorry if you don't like that but it seems to be the case.

• Magic_Wealthy
    replied
    I find it AMAZING how some of you come on this particular thread to bash the agency. You literally have to open your PC or phone browser, come on this thread, go to page 161, log on and write negative stuff. Too much work if you ask me !

Then there are the others who hit the refresh button EVERY DAY ! And when there is no activity for a while, log on and write negative or false stuff. If you don't like the job or feel they are never going to hire then just go on a different thread and post. Don't waste your valuable time here. Period.

Leave a comment:

• HighwayBob
    commented on 's reply
    Why would they bother hiring one???

• RequestingMeal
    replied
    Not a real police job, more of a security gig. Pays well, good benefits, employees get treated better then the big city agency (usually).
    Good luck to those on the list, it's unlikely many, if any, will get hired.

Leave a comment:

• CO HOPEFUL
    replied
    Originally posted by bklynproud View Post
    NYS court officer trainee opens up for filing January 22, 2020. For anyone interested
    I’ve been telling people to take this exam forget about bridge and tunnel they are not gonna hire anyone. It’s already 4 months since the list was established as they haven’t called anyone . They are gonna phase this
    title out I bet . They will probaly hire 1 person then kill
    the list.
    Last edited by CO HOPEFUL; 11-22-2019, 08:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bklynproud
    replied
    NYS court officer trainee opens up for filing January 22, 2020. For anyone interested
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Crash Test
    replied
    Politicians don't always live in reality like most of us do. Giuliani wanted to put NYPD in charge of policing at MNR and LIRR! The issue was raised of the commuter rails going outside the city and he calmed down but suggested that the NYPD could cover the city area. I'm glad the MTA didn't give in.

Leave a comment:

• HighwayBob
    commented on 's reply
    Just how was NYPD supposed to take over MNRR and LIRR when those railroads operate outside of the city and even outside the state?

• Crash Test
    commented on 's reply
    I remember many years ago they wouldn't release the records of NYPD officers to other agencies like MTAPD or PAPD during their processing. They then went on to try and get lock the NYPD officers into a set number of years of service before they could leave for other departments. I think they are also mad that the MTA is trying to regain control over Policing in the NYCTA subway system. It was a huge mistake giving up control to the city of the New York City Transit Authority Police for $300,000 subsidy a year. They also wanted to take over LIRRPD and MNPD and the MTA saw through that power grab.

• HighwayBob
    commented on 's reply
    Ridiculous that that word above was censored. P!$$ED OFF is what I wrote.

• HighwayBob
    replied
    About a month ago. They're ****ed off that we're hiring so many city cops. So they play children's games instead of making a real effort to improve the job so that no one would want to leave.

Leave a comment:

• Crash Test
    replied
    Looks like you might be right on that but I have a question! When did the NYPD stop allowing MTAPD to send it's candidates into the academy? And WHY? is that because of the beef with the mayor and Gov?

Leave a comment:

• HighwayBob
    replied
    Originally posted by Crash Test View Post
    ...there does not appear to be any legal action that can be taken if no one is hired off the list.
    OF course there isn't. No agency can be compelled to hire just because there is an established list.

Leave a comment:

• Crash Test
    replied
    I'm sure people will take the court officer exam when it comes out. The last exam was in Oct of 2014 and ironically the same month filing opened up for TUNNEL AND BRIDGE OFFICER 5606! If there is no movement by March then something is definitely wrong and I'm going to start leaning toward the theory that we are all being jerked around. I have been checking and so far there does not appear to be any legal action that can be taken if no one is hired off the list.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4395 users online. 274 members and 4121 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X