X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO HOPEFUL
    replied
    Originally posted by Magic_Wealthy View Post
    I dont think I can take another leave of absence. Seeing that I will already be taking one to go to T/O in the first place. I really wanna do BTO cause I can retire sooner. Both are GREAT jobs. I just wish the list for TBTA would come out already so I could gauge it a little better.
    When you become a train operator it's considered a promotion so you are not taking a leave of absence from BO . When they call you for bto you would return to BO then take a leave of absence to go to BTO

Leave a comment:

• REDBIRD1031
    replied
    Originally posted by magic_wealthy View Post
    exactly! Can't come back as t/o cause i would have left before my probationary period was up. I am a bus operator now actually. 4 years now and im sick of it.
    dont know if this helps but youll like t/o much better than bus operator . You really dont have to deal with the passengers if you dont want to.. And plenty of ot.. The trick is trying to stay awake while operating, the signals in the dark tunnels can be hypnotizing ..its def cool gig..

Leave a comment:

• REDBIRD1031
    replied
    Originally posted by vista View Post
    railroad pension.... No brainer

railroad pension are like 30-62 or something like that..mta rto is a city pension 25-55. Atleast 25 yrs of service and atleast 55 yrs of age...and you have to meet both requirements for a full pension..

Leave a comment:

• BaneDroid
    replied
    My pops was a train operator and evenutally became a supervisor. If you have a good head on your shoulders and do your time. You'll make bank and maybe open up opportunities. In the end the train operator does make a lot more in the long run.

Leave a comment:

• Vista
    replied
    I just check the Train Operator list that I am on. They are 171 list numbers away from my name. (I got two wrong on TBTA 5606)

I DUNNO WHAT TO DO GUYS! :-( :-(

Railroad pension.... No brainer

Leave a comment:

• Magic_Wealthy
    replied
    Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
    Well What do you really Want to do ? Do you Want to be a TO Or BTO officer ?you Can always go back to bus operator before you resign from Train operator then you Can take a leave Of abscence to go
    To BTO .
    I dont think I can take another leave of absence. Seeing that I will already be taking one to go to T/O in the first place. I really wanna do BTO cause I can retire sooner. Both are GREAT jobs. I just wish the list for TBTA would come out already so I could gauge it a little better.

Leave a comment:

• CO HOPEFUL
    replied
    EXACTLY! Can't come back as T/O cause i would have left before my probationary period was up. I am a bus operator now actually. 4 years now and im sick of it.

Well What do you really Want to do ? Do you Want to be a TO Or BTO officer ?you Can always go back to bus operator before you resign from Train operator then you Can take a leave Of abscence to go
    To BTO .

Leave a comment:

• Magic_Wealthy
    replied
    Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
    The training for TO is about 9
    Months . The tricky part is resigning from transit while in training to take the medical and pat and bi for bto. If you don't pass the bto for whatever reason you can't come back to transit as a TO
    EXACTLY! Can't come back as T/O cause i would have left before my probationary period was up. I am a bus operator now actually. 4 years now and im sick of it.

Leave a comment:

• CO HOPEFUL
    replied
    The training for TO is about 9
    Months . The tricky part is resigning from transit while in training to take the medical and pat and bi for bto. If you don't pass the bto for whatever reason you can't come back to transit as a TO

Leave a comment:

• TruGuardian
    replied
    I just check the Train Operator list that I am on. They are 171 list numbers away from my name. (I got two wrong on TBTA 5606)

I DUNNO WHAT TO DO GUYS! :-( :-(
    I don't see this as being complicated at all....

It seems as you are a lot closer to being called for T.Operator than BTO.
    Go be a T.Operator, the training is six months and the pay rate is like $33 an hour.
    By the time BTO calls you, you'll know if you want to still be an Operator or ditch it for BTO.
    All the while getting some time in towards retirement and supporting yourself/family with great benefits.

Check your inbox, my bill is in there...thanks!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7523 users online. 402 members and 7121 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X