X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SendHelp
    replied
    Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
    You'll be fine, if you can do 1.5 in 14 minutes then your at a very good start to train. You should do less than 12 minutes by a month or so.

As far as my training goes..

My push ups is great

My running got better (did 1.5 at 11:42 yesterday for the first time when my last 1.5 mile run was 14 like yours). I'm happy that i did 1.5 at 11:42 but honestly i should have waited another 2-3 weeks and just did my regular run with some sprinting to it before going more intense like i did yesterday...Don't get me wrong, i was sweating alot and i felt GOOD like i felt like i can fight the world, but you always want to work your way up especially since your working out the heart.

Sit ups...no comment. I haven't done sit ups in years..i would do some crunches once in awhile but not regular sit ups so i definitely have to start on that.

So keep running tho, it will get more easier for you man.
    Thanks for the tips. I'm good with my push ups and sit ups. I've been running 3 times a week. Hopefully in the next 2 months I'll get my time down to 10-12 minutes. Good luck to everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Impact87
    replied
    Originally posted by SendHelp View Post
    Hows everyone's training going? The 1.5 run is the hardest for me. I'm able to do it in 14 minutes.
    You'll be fine, if you can do 1.5 in 14 minutes then your at a very good start to train. You should do less than 12 minutes by a month or so.

As far as my training goes..

My push ups is great

My running got better (did 1.5 at 11:42 yesterday for the first time when my last 1.5 mile run was 14 like yours). I'm happy that i did 1.5 at 11:42 but honestly i should have waited another 2-3 weeks and just did my regular run with some sprinting to it before going more intense like i did yesterday...Don't get me wrong, i was sweating alot and i felt GOOD like i felt like i can fight the world, but you always want to work your way up especially since your working out the heart.

Sit ups...no comment. I haven't done sit ups in years..i would do some crunches once in awhile but not regular sit ups so i definitely have to start on that.

So keep running tho, it will get more easier for you man.

Leave a comment:

• Junior214
    replied
    Tbta 5606

Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
    What's your training method ?
    I did jv and varsity track. Breathing techniques are key to improving your run time. Also what I didn't include is the endurance. Your no good to anybody if you spent all your energy running and you need to help your fellow officer with a perp or a edp etc you see where I'm going with this. Don't burn yourself out. build up to times you want to achieve and be realistic. Your not going to run a 1.5 in 5 min on your first try.
    Last edited by Junior214; 05-05-2015, 02:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NYCpoorest
    replied
    Originally posted by NYSCOHopeful View Post
    SO HOW BOUT THOSE BRIDGES AND TUNNELS GUYS?! lol.. I'm going to call or email the exams unit soon and ask when we can tentatively expect final answer keys to be posted. I want to know definitively how I did already. Since they had already thrown out 2 questions after the test and before the protest sessions, that makes me hopeful that it won't take too long to review our protested questions and post final keys soon!
    Did you hear anything back from them ?

Leave a comment:

• NYCpoorest
    replied
    Originally posted by Junior214 View Post
    Keep going I started at 15 min I'm down to 11:20 push your self and shave seconds off and you'll see that number drop. Don't give up you still have the whole summer it's only the first week in May. Good luck
    What's your training method ?

Leave a comment:

• REDBIRD1031
    replied
    Originally posted by Junior214 View Post
    Keep going I started at 15 min I'm down to 11:20 push your self and shave seconds off and you'll see that number drop. Don't give up you still have the whole summer it's only the first week in May. Good luck
    Hey junior thats pretty good!

Leave a comment:

• REDBIRD1031
    replied
    Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
    Tell you what, once we all get the call, first round of drinks/soda on me. How does that sound, to make up for derailing this thread. Sarge, you're invited.. =)

Now there's a plan!

Leave a comment:

• REDBIRD1031
    replied
    Originally posted by sendhelp View Post
    hows everyone's training going? The 1.5 run is the hardest for me. I'm able to do it in 14 minutes.
    atleast your training which is awsome. You have plenty of time. Just keep training, its like pumping iron, the results will come..

Leave a comment:

• Junior214
    replied
    Originally posted by SendHelp View Post
    Hows everyone's training going? The 1.5 run is the hardest for me. I'm able to do it in 14 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• SendHelp
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 20NOutLife
    replied
    Originally posted by REDBIRD1031 View Post
    Your such a trouble maker!!
    LOLOL JK!
    Tell you what, once we all get the call, first round of drinks/soda on me. How does that sound, to make up for derailing this thread. Sarge, you're invited.. =)

Leave a comment:

• REDBIRD1031
    replied
    Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
    Lol. My bad guys, I feel bad for initiating that whole topic. I was just venting that day and I didn't expect the topic it have a life of its own. My apologizes. But glad to see we have many like minded individual here. Be safe yall
    Your such a trouble maker!!
    LOLOL JK!

Leave a comment:

• 20NOutLife
    replied
    Lol. My bad guys, I feel bad for initiating that whole topic. I was just venting that day and I didn't expect the topic it have a life of its own. My apologizes. But glad to see we have many like minded individual here. Be safe yall

Leave a comment:

• REDBIRD1031
    replied
    Originally posted by NYSCOHopeful View Post
    SO HOW BOUT THOSE BRIDGES AND TUNNELS GUYS?! lol.. I'm going to call or email the exams unit soon and ask when we can tentatively expect final answer keys to be posted. I want to know definitively how I did already. Since they had already thrown out 2 questions after the test and before the protest sessions, that makes me hopeful that it won't take too long to review our protested questions and post final keys soon!
    Lolol

Leave a comment:

• NYSCOHopeful
    replied

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9380 users online. 418 members and 8962 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X