• Show
Clear All

• Impact87
    replied
    Wait, one more day for what? Lol

Leave a comment:

• BaneDroid
    replied
    Just to let you peeps know. US customs is hiring now for newark and jfk. Something else I guess to keep your minds off waiting for this listing.

Leave a comment:

• Junior214
    replied
    Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
    Everything impact said plus maybe a credit check and residency check as well. You should be more than fine if u got hired for DOF as a fraud investigator.

Btw... One more day guys... Really feel like a kid waiting on Christmas night.. =P
    One more day?

Leave a comment:

• 20NOutLife
    replied
    Everything impact said plus maybe a credit check and residency check as well. You should be more than fine if u got hired for DOF as a fraud investigator.

Btw... One more day guys... Really feel like a kid waiting on Christmas night.. =P

Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
    Well since tbta is a law enforcement job they will check your criminal history, social media like facebook, twitter, instagram to see if you post any inappropriate things, work history, driving record, credit check, education history, and more that i can't think of right now. Just be sure to tell your background investigator everything truthfully when the time comes.

Leave a comment:

• Impact87
    replied
    Well since tbta is a law enforcement job they will check your criminal history, social media like facebook, twitter, instagram to see if you post any inappropriate things, work history, driving record, credit check, education history, and more that i can't think of right now. Just be sure to tell your background investigator everything truthfully when the time comes.
    Last edited by Impact87; 05-06-2015, 04:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Eye_Spy
    replied
    Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
    Tbta is a state agency, so working for the city would have zero affect on your background investigation. Nor will working for the state.
    Ok thanks. I knew I was reaching. What does a typical state background check consist of? This way I can have all necessary addresses, phone numbers, etc at the ready.

Leave a comment:

• NYCpoorest
    replied
    Originally posted by Eye_Spy View Post
    Hey All,

Im currently a Fraud Investigator for the city. Does being on the city payroll help the background process along at all? Or do we start

from the beginning like everyone else?
    Tbta is a state agency, so working for the city would have zero affect on your background investigation. Nor will working for the state.

Leave a comment:

• Eye_Spy
    replied
    [QUOTE=20NOutLife;3649903]It sucks buddy but it's true what junior said. You will be starting from the bottom like everybody else. I t_hink they should process the current officer/investigator that's already on a job who meets all the requirements first. It would make sense since these guys be thru background check and training. But that's just wishful, it's the MTA, I don't think common sense is common... Lol[/QUOT

Well I've experienced quite alot "no common sense" since Ive been on the city payroll.

Leave a comment:

• Eye_Spy
    replied
    Originally posted by Junior214 View Post
    It's easier to find your file but you start from the bottom and go through the process like Everybody else
    I guess it was worth a shot. Maybe there's an unofficial greasing of the wheels once they find out where you currently work lol.

Leave a comment:

• 20NOutLife
    replied
    It sucks buddy but it's true what junior said. You will be starting from the bottom like everybody else. I think they should process the current officer/investigator that's already on a job who meets all the requirements first. It would make sense since these guys be thru background check and training. But that's just wishful, it's the MTA, I don't think common sense is common... Lol

Hey All,

Im currently a Fraud Investigator for the city. Does being on the city payroll help the background process along at all? Or do we start

Leave a comment:

• Junior214
    replied
    Hey All,

It's easier to find your file but you start from the bottom and go through the process like Everybody else

Leave a comment:

• Eye_Spy
    replied
    Hey All,

Leave a comment:

• SendHelp
    replied
    Originally posted by gbotj View Post
    The protest is a long process don't expect anything soon.
    From the date of the actual protest you have 30 days to submit a written protest by mail, then from that date they have 45 days (I believe) to put the protest committee together, and decide which questions are deemed to have more than one answer.

Just to give an example, for the Lieutenants exam, our eligible list was released before the final answer key was released...
    Is it possible they may put out a list of eligibles based on the proposed answer key?

Leave a comment:

• gbotj
    replied
    The protest is a long process don't expect anything soon.
    From the date of the actual protest you have 30 days to submit a written protest by mail, then from that date they have 45 days (I believe) to put the protest committee together, and decide which questions are deemed to have more than one answer.

Just to give an example, for the Lieutenants exam, our eligible list was released before the final answer key was released...

Leave a comment:

• NYSCOHopeful
    replied
    Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
    Did you hear anything back from them ?
    I didn't try yet, I was going to wait til Monday to call them and ask. Trying to be patient lol..

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10989 users online. 464 members and 10525 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X