X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QueensKnicks
    replied
    Originally posted by CelticLEO View Post
    What's up everyone? So.....has anyone found out if it's verified that the TBTA will be using the Cooper test for the physical or the past used traditional test?
    Sgt. Confirmed it

Leave a comment:

• CelticLEO
    replied
    What's up everyone? So.....has anyone found out if it's verified that the TBTA will be using the Cooper test for the physical or the past used traditional test?

Leave a comment:

• Neas
    replied
    For the physical you guys think it'll go by age like the cooper or a set standard

Leave a comment:

• 20NOutLife
    replied
    Originally posted by SendHelp View Post
    You're doing good. Find some time to run more. My push ups and sit ups are good. I'm getting 13:30-15 on the 1.5 runs. Just have to keep training.
    Thank bro, u going to cut that time down with the weather getting so nice. It's hard for me to find time to work out . I'm trying to get 25-30hrs of overtime every paycheck. =)..

Leave a comment:

• SendHelp
    replied
    Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
    How is everybody doing? With their workout plans. Only been able to run twice this pass week. Getting that Overtime . I just ran earlier, 1.5 miles in 12:00, barely making it.. Smh..
    You're doing good. Find some time to run more. My push ups and sit ups are good. I'm getting 13:30-15 on the 1.5 runs. Just have to keep training.

Leave a comment:

• 20NOutLife
    replied
    How is everybody doing? With their workout plans. Only been able to run twice this pass week. Getting that Overtime . I just ran earlier, 1.5 miles in 12:00, barely making it.. Smh..

Leave a comment:

• Impact87
    replied
    Originally posted by Rh992 View Post
    Yeah i remember reading that article. FDNY is the MOST important agency in NYS for fitness standards to be met. Thats seriously putting other firemen, civilians and herself in potential harm. Whats gonna happen when she's OTJ and can't handle what she has to do?
    Let the lawsuit against the fdny begin.

Leave a comment:

• Dinosaur32
    replied
    Her failure will never be attributed to her shortcomings.

Leave a comment:

• Rh992
    replied
    Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
    Just like the woman that failed the fdny physical exam is soon to graduate the fdny academy..smh..what's next?
    Yeah i remember reading that article. FDNY is the MOST important agency in NYS for fitness standards to be met. Thats seriously putting other firemen, civilians and herself in potential harm. Whats gonna happen when she's OTJ and can't handle what she has to do?

Leave a comment:

• NYSCOHopeful
    replied
    It's absurd. Fitness standards exist for a reason, just like psychological standards. Sacrificing the safety of potential co-workers AND the public all for the sake of being politically correct? Hopefully the powers that be in CT won't fold the way our newly elected NYC "leaders" have when it comes to frivolous lawsuits. I swear PC will be the death of us all...

Leave a comment:

• REDBIRD1031
    replied
    Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
    Just like the woman that failed the fdny physical exam is soon to graduate the fdny academy..smh..what's next?
    I just DONT get how any judge can make that decision that an individual could enter an ACADAMY and now graduate if they couldn't pass the physical In The first place!! Where is the logic¿!!

Leave a comment:

• Impact87
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 20NOutLife
    replied
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300020620.html

So I read this on another thread. And it's ridiculous that they actually entertain the lawsuit. Just got me thinking, now, fat or obese people that can't pass the run can sued because of disability discrimination, when does it stop. I foresee TBTA having problems with this as well.. Smh

Leave a comment:

• REDBIRD1031
    replied
    Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
    10.5 YEARS? Wow, I didn't realize that until now, that is more than half a regular career. Thanks buddy..u sure know how to cheer a guy up.. . Lol..I got 11.5-14.5 left to retirement. Now I really need that barcardi gold. But you're right, we only got one life to live so might as well try everything rather than look back and said I should a, could a, would a. Worst case scenario, I give TBTA a try, and if the finances doesn't work out, I can always come back within 2 years. (I came back after leaving before) No harm no foul
    LOLOL SORRY NOT MY INTENT.. (Still laughing)

Leave a comment:

• 20NOutLife
    replied
    Originally posted by REDBIRD1031 View Post
    thats 10 1/2 yrs chasing top pay lol .. Half a career for some. But your career is a chess match ,not checkers strategic moves to ensure your future. Nothing wrong with that...
    10.5 YEARS? Wow, I didn't realize that until now, that is more than half a regular career. Thanks buddy..u sure know how to cheer a guy up.. . Lol..I got 11.5-14.5 left to retirement. Now I really need that barcardi gold. But you're right, we only got one life to live so might as well try everything rather than look back and said I should a, could a, would a. Worst case scenario, I give TBTA a try, and if the finances doesn't work out, I can always come back within 2 years. (I came back after leaving before) No harm no foul
    Last edited by 20NOutLife; 05-08-2015, 10:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9537 users online. 438 members and 9099 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X