300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rh992 View Post
    This wait is killing me more than the fact that i got canvassed for a Nassau desk job that im gonna get DQed for due to residency bs
    sorry to hear that. you have to be a resident of Nassau in order to work for them? theres no surrounding counties rules?

Comment

• Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
      sorry to hear that. you have to be a resident of Nassau in order to work for them? theres no surrounding counties rules?
      Yeah i was for 2 years then my mom got booted out of her apt by her ahole landord.

Comment

• Originally posted by rh992 View Post
        this wait is killing me more than the fact that i got canvassed for a nassau desk job that im gonna get dqed for due to residency bs
        damn that sucks

Comment

• To gbotj or anybody else that knows the answer

This is a nyc civil service job right, even though MTA is running the applications and process instead of DCAS. Only reason im asking is because my dept. gives me official time off to attend other nyc civil service job process( test, medical, etc.) And it usually say DCAS on their notice. And the job gives up to 24 months leave of absence to leave for another civil service job and come back. 12 months for normal jobs/situation. Just wanted to prepare to tell my admin people that this is indeed a nyc civil service job. Thank you everybody =)

Comment

• It is NYC Civil Service. The exams are administered by MTA, and oversight by DCAS in accordance with NYC Civil Service rules.
            Last edited by gbotj; 04-10-2015, 02:45 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• right now the TBTA and DCAS have an MOU that MTA administers the exam, but DCAS handles everything thereafter (establishment of list, rules etc). If either party (TBTA or DCAS) terminates the agreement, DCAS goes back to administering the exams.
              Last edited by gbotj; 04-10-2015, 02:48 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                Who knows...it's a state job run by NYC civil service, and adminstered by MTA exams...If DOC finds out what it is...let me know lol.
                Lol, as long as the paycheck comes in every 2 weeks right sarge? Lol. I didn't know it was discombobulated like that. As long as its NYC civil service. :-) thanks

Comment

• I misread your initial question, I edited my posts. Read them again, should answer it a little better
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                    I misread your initial question, I edited my posts. Read them again, should answer it a little better
                    10-4 Yes it did. Clarify everything, good to go. Thank you

Comment

• Thank you for contacting the MTA NYCT Exams Unit.

If you kept a record of answers (yellow sheet) and you took the test on 3/7/15, the answer keys were delayed and posted on 4/10/15 at the link below. They are also available in the lobby of 180 Livingston Street, Brooklyn NY, 11201. For those who took the exam on 3/7/15, the protest session is on 4/13/15 – please call 347-643-7242 please call to make an appointment.

If you took the test on 3/21/15, the answer keys will be posted on 4/16/15. For those who took the exam on 3/21/15, the protest session is on 4/21/15 – please call 347-643-7242 please call to make an appointment.

You can find the answers at this link: http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/appexam.htm .

Since 14,000+ people took this exam, your list number is the more important than your grade.

The official Notice of Results for Bridges and Tunnels Officer, Exam No. 5606, will not be mailed to candidates until the list is established. This may take between 12-18 months or longer from the time the test was taken. However, when the list is established, it is good for four (4) years.

Thank you, Exams
                      m
                      Got the same email this morning. Kind of annoying that it's another week away when it says the 9th on my record of answers from the 21st but oh well. Like someone said, patience is a virtue. I do hope they are being super-conservative with that 12-18 months to establish the list because that's even longer than Court Officer lol..

I am encouraged by @gbotj saying that they seemed to be readying to start the process by the end of the year so let's hope that's the case!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSCOHopeful View Post
                        Got the same email this morning. Kind of annoying that it's another week away when it says the 9th on my record of answers from the 21st but oh well. Like someone said, patience is a virtue. I do hope they are being super-conservative with that 12-18 months to establish the list because that's even longer than Court Officer lol..

I am encouraged by @gbotj saying that they seemed to be readying to start the process by the end of the year so let's hope that's the case!
                        It's very true that your rank is more important than your score.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSCOHopeful View Post

I didn't receive any email, did Anyone here not get that email? I ask because I want to be able to receive all information they send out.. So I might have to give them a call or write an email to them to make sure all my information is updated

Comment

• Originally posted by REDBIRD1031 View Post
                            I didn't receive any email, did Anyone here not get that email? I ask because I want to be able to receive all information they send out.. So I might have to give them a call or write an email to them to make sure all my information is updated
                            We emailed them thats why.

Comment

• Originally posted by rh992 View Post
                              we emailed them thats why.
                              gotcha

Comment

• Can't make it to the protest session tomorrow, oh well. I'll take the 2 questions wrong as a loss.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5854 users online. 359 members and 5495 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X