X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REDBIRD1031
    replied
    Originally posted by impact87 View Post
    hey redbird, as far as i saw what gbotj wrote on either page 15-17 around february..

Each facility is completely different, no matter how close they are to each other. Before you graduate the academy, they give you a list of facilities, and you list your preferences in order, you get a facility based on your seniority and the vacancies at that facility. Keep in mind, almost half or more of every class gets assigned to the rfk bridge, and your facility is your facility. You are not sent anywhere else (that may change with the new hires though). The only facilities you will have a choice to go to is rfk bronx, rfk manhattan, throgs neck, whitestone, qmt, bbt, and the verrazano.
    In my opinion the tunnels and rfk are the best choices, tunnels have a ton of different assignments, and the rfk just handles every kind of incident, from gun runs, assaults, dwi's, edps constantly, heroin od's on the walkways, it's actually pretty fun there in that respect, but it's definitely not the nicest of places to work.
    thanks impact... I like throgs neck but i wonder how much overtime there really is there compared to RFK....RFK seems so much busier i would think that's what has to do with ot..

Leave a comment:

• Impact87
    replied
    Hey REDBIRD, as far as i saw what gbotj wrote on either page 15-17 around February..

Each facility is completely different, no matter how close they are to each other. Before you graduate the academy, they give you a list of facilities, and you list your preferences in order, you get a facility based on your seniority and the vacancies at that facility. Keep in mind, almost half or more of every class gets assigned to the RFK bridge, and your facility is your facility. You are not sent anywhere else (that may change with the new hires though). The only facilities you will have a choice to go to is RFK Bronx, RFK Manhattan, Throgs Neck, Whitestone, QMT, BBT, and the Verrazano.
    In my opinion the tunnels and RFK are the best choices, tunnels have a ton of different assignments, and the RFK just handles every kind of incident, from gun runs, assaults, dwi's, EDPs constantly, heroin OD's on the walkways, it's actually pretty fun there in that respect, but it's definitely not the nicest of places to work.

Leave a comment:

• REDBIRD1031
    replied
    Wassup fellas does anyone remember . As far as your facility goes, is there a pick once a yr and therefore able to pick out of a facility. Or is your facility your site throughout your career?? Sorry I know it was stated already but couldn't find it plus this thread is 55 PAGES IN.. Wasn't trying to search everyone lol

Leave a comment:

• bklynproud
    replied
    Yes i did protest via mail, I believe you find out when the final answers keys are posted not sure if they will let me know anything before they establish the list

Leave a comment:

• QueensKnicks
    replied
    Originally posted by bklynproud View Post
    Did anybody else got #72 , 74 , 76 wrong on the march 21, am exam. wasn't able to attend the protest any information will be greatly appreciated
    did you protest via mail? I did and never received anything back.

Leave a comment:

• bklynproud
    replied
    Did anybody else got #72 , 74 , 76 wrong on the march 21, am exam. wasn't able to attend the protest any information will be greatly appreciated

Leave a comment:

• QueensKnicks
    replied
    Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
    And why does his salary matter or needs to be a topic of conversation? Anybody that makes an honest living to support themself and their family is commendable. Especially if he's the one that's responding to SAVE and stabilize LIVES.

And what do u do since u wanna bring up income to belittle other. Because I'm pretty sure I make MORE than you without breaking a sweat
    Little does he know I make double what the base pay is for bto. I'm pretty sure he's a toll collector on one of the bridges

Leave a comment:

• 20NOutLife
    replied
    Originally posted by goldcuff View Post
    Good luck cause w all those doughnuts you eating , you need it. Emt's lol know wonder , you you need a job cause the one you have don dosent pay
    And why does his salary matter or needs to be a topic of conversation? Anybody that makes an honest living to support themself and their family is commendable. Especially if he's the one that's responding to SAVE and stabilize LIVES.

And what do u do since u wanna bring up income to belittle other. Because I'm pretty sure I make MORE than you without breaking a sweat

Leave a comment:

• 20NOutLife
    replied
    @goldcuff,

If u really don't have anything nice to say, then it's best to not say anything. Just felt like u are throwing up useless information and opinions. I dunno if ur tbta officer or a part time toll collector for them that thinks because u say hi and bye to them, or know the number to payroll, that u would have a real inside scoop. But none the less, just stop it. Unless u have actual facts or helpful advice, just keep it civil. People on this post have jobs and responsibilities already, we aren't some 18yr old kid that took a test and waiting at home playing Playstation. Meaning, most of us are grown adults. If u think that u was helping us out by posting what u did, then I appreciate it but it does seem false and misleading in a way. Then again, who really knows, I seen agencies hired internally first even though they put out a test for "show". It is what it is. Just please stop saying misleading things

Leave a comment:

• NYSCOHopeful
    replied
    Lol another dirtbag here everyone . But you continue lol, remember this is social media. We're dirtbags can become whoever they want to be
    goldcuff, why do you insist on posting multiple messages at a time? Everything you post could be said in 1 post instead of 4. More importantly, you are showing everyone that you couldn't hack it in this career field with your negative, juvenile and defensive responses here. Take SGT GB's advice and stop throwing around opinions and hearsay as if they are fact. You don't have any more information than the rest of us who took this exam so stop playing the expert.

Leave a comment:

• SendHelp
    replied
    Lets stop with the name calling and keep this thread civil.

Leave a comment:

• goldcuff
    replied
    Lol another dirtbag here everyone . But you continue lol, remember this is social media. We're dirtbags can become whoever they want to be

Leave a comment:

• goldcuff
    replied
    Good luck cause w all those doughnuts you eating , you need it. Emt's lol know wonder , you you need a job cause the one you have don dosent pay

Leave a comment:

• goldcuff
    replied
    I can't get any stupitor but you just did. Enjoy that doghnut tubby

Leave a comment:

• QueensKnicks
    replied
    You must be desperate for a job tough guy. I hope you make it and I'm sure you wrote down the number I posted. Good luck in the mean time don't quit your dounut job ,, 10/4? Or 10/5 lolllololilil
    Yup I'll enjoy my nice donut in my bus watching tv and getting paid. Oh I'm sure you don't know what a bus is its a ambulance

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10877 users online. 470 members and 10407 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X