300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrSoriano View Post
    Tunnel and bridge officers, are they the guys that work on the Brooklyn and those other expensive bridges?
    MTA Bridges and Tunnels bridges are the Robert F. Kennedy, Throgs Neck, Verrazano-Narrows, Bronx-Whitestone, Henry Hudson, Marine Parkway-Gil Hodges Memorial, and Cross Bay Veterans Memorial; its tunnels are the Hugh L. Carey Tunnel. (formerly Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel) and Queens Midtown.
    Bridge and Tunnel Officer, Exam No. 5606

Comment

Originally posted by CelticLEO View Post
      Hello everyone,

Quick question, is anyone debating on obtaining their CDL (permit or license) before getting on the job? I know it seems absurd to get the CDL before being appointed, since nothing is promised, but I heard the CDL is a pain in the butt to get. Can anyone add their knowledge to the CDL process? I thank you in advance.
      I believe the job will help you get your CDL if hired. They have some sort of in-house CDL training. I remember reading that here on the boards.

Comment

Sanitation helps you train maybe there the same

NYC law enforcement hopeful

Comment

I just re-read the NOE and it states the following:

Warning:
          You are not permitted to enter the test site with cellular phones, beepers, pagers, cameras,
          portable media players, or other
          electronic devices. Calculators are permitted; however, they must be hand-
          held, battery or solar powered, numeric only. Calculators with functions
          other than
          addition, subtraction,
          multiplication and division
          are prohibited
          . Electronic devices with an alphabetic keyboard or with word
          processing or data recording capabilities such as planners, organizers, etc. are prohibited. If you use any of
          these devices in the building at any time before, during or after the test, you may not receive your test results,
          your test score may be nullified, and your application fee will not be refunded.

Does anyone know if, in fact, they do not allow cell phones/smart phones in the testing facility? Or is this an old out-dated rule?

Comment

The tests I've taken in the past two things happened with me the put your electronics in a bag off or they tell you to turn off your phones and not to reach in your pocket at all. I've never taken bto exam so I can't speak for them but other law enforcement exams that's what happened. Hope that helped

Comment

Originally posted by WILLDOGS View Post
              I just re-read the NOE and it states the following:

Warning:
              You are not permitted to enter the test site with cellular phones, beepers, pagers, cameras,
              portable media players, or other
              electronic devices. Calculators are permitted; however, they must be hand-
              held, battery or solar powered, numeric only. Calculators with functions
              other than
              addition, subtraction,
              multiplication and division
              are prohibited
              . Electronic devices with an alphabetic keyboard or with word
              processing or data recording capabilities such as planners, organizers, etc. are prohibited. If you use any of
              these devices in the building at any time before, during or after the test, you may not receive your test results,
              your test score may be nullified, and your application fee will not be refunded.

Does anyone know if, in fact, they do not allow cell phones/smart phones in the testing facility? Or is this an old out-dated rule?
              Does it matter ? What do you need your phone for in the testing site

Comment

Can I study for this exam by using generic practice law enforcement exams? I've taken a couple(NYPD, Special Officer) and usually average about a 92 without studying, but I'd definitely like to get a 100.

Comment

The exam announcement said you need to have the CDL at the time of appointment. Can anyone who is on the job as a BTO or currently going thru the process confirm whether or not they assist you with getting the CDL (like sanitation) and what exactly that entails? At what part of the process do they help you with that? Before academy, during..? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NYSCOHopeful View Post
                    The exam announcement said you need to have the CDL at the time of appointment. Can anyone who is on the job as a BTO or currently going thru the process confirm whether or not they assist you with getting the CDL (like sanitation) and what exactly that entails? At what part of the process do they help you with that? Before academy, during..? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
                    The NOE has your answer for you

Comment

I wonder how many btos they need to hire ?? I know the last test was in 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin_ownz View Post
                        I wonder how many btos they need to hire ?? I know the last test was in 2008
                        Hopefully Aloooooooooottt lol.

Comment

Does anybody know who does the hiring process is it nypd or mta ??

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin_ownz View Post
                            Does anybody know who does the hiring process is it nypd or mta ??
                            Why would nypd do the hiring process for a MTA agency?

Comment

They are separate agencies tbta is under mta but tbta from what I understand does there own hiring

Comment

I believe DCAS did the hiring at one point but now i think they do their own thing....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5862 users online. 199 members and 5663 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X