• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact87
    replied
    Originally posted by REDBIRD1031 View Post
    i beleive the results will be out between sept and nov
    it will be interesting. Even If i don't get a call for first group, i definitely want to see whoever on here gets called first giving us good info about the hiring process, as well as wishing best luck to them. Is posting information on here while in the academy allowed?

Leave a comment:

• REDBIRD1031
    replied
    Originally posted by j_candidate View Post
    any update on the official test results ?

i beleive the results will be out between sept and nov

Leave a comment:

• j_candidate
    replied
    Any update on the official Test Results ?

Leave a comment:

• REDBIRD1031
    replied
    Originally posted by 20noutlife View Post
    another way to keep that c. S down is to put your overtime into comp time. I know a few guys on the job that does this. Especially the year before they have to go back to court for an adjustment. This way their check is mostly base pay. There's ways to reduce your support amount.

Another benefit is that you have more time off when you take vacation or need a day here and there. You have enough comp to use. Also, if you have enough comp time, u can retire early as well. There's people on my job that retires 6 months- 1.5 yrs early. They stay on the books until their time runs out but they are retired.
    wow retiring that much earlier ¿
    thats awsome .. Must have put that time in comp for years.. Yeah been thinking about doing that.. I get my 5 weeks vaca plus holidays ive saved to take off any time i want.. But working ot would give me that comp time but doesnt actually
    give me more take home pay...
    Unless your talking about cashing it in at a later time..

Leave a comment:

• 20NOutLife
    replied
    lmao !!!! I love hardball but dont sleep on softball. We're really competitive and at the same time it feels good just to be out there playing, away from work.. We have a few mos on the squad so i like there persona... Real cool guys!! as far as work goes Yeah its rough having to keep my ot to a minimum for the c.s. Reason..
    Another way to keep that C. S down is to put your overtime into comp time. I know a few guys on the job that does this. Especially the year before they have to go back to court for an adjustment. This way their check is mostly base pay. There's ways to reduce your support amount.

Another benefit is that you have more time off when you take vacation or need a day here and there. You have enough comp to use. Also, if you have enough comp time, u can retire early as well. There's people on my job that retires 6 months- 1.5 yrs early. They stay on the books until their time runs out but they are retired.

Leave a comment:

• REDBIRD1031
    replied
    Originally posted by 20noutlife View Post
    damn bro, mortgage, house, car note and child support. You have the making of a typical law enforcement officer ..lmfao... I'm so glad i'm not going to be the only one taking a pay cut. I feel u on the speaking with financial advisor and hearing him say to stay where you at. I'm en route to making about 108k by the end of the year and to go from that to 35k.. He may refer me to a life crisis counselor and have me admitted for a psych review. Lmao.

Softball? Really.. C'mon bro, hardball is where it's at! Lol.. But softball is cute, does the uniform comes with tassel and a handbag? Lmao..

Glad to hear junior and i aren't the only with struggles... Hehe
    lmao !!!! I love hardball but dont sleep on softball. We're really competitive and at the same time it feels good just to be out there playing, away from work.. We have a few mos on the squad so i like there persona... Real cool guys!! as far as work goes Yeah its rough having to keep my ot to a minimum for the c.s. Reason..
    Last edited by REDBIRD1031; 05-30-2015, 11:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• goldcuff
    replied
    All agencies hire internally first,, all city workers no that and have experienced it

Leave a comment:

• goldcuff
    replied
    No heart attacks lol,, but some think the process is going to go quick. For many it won't

Leave a comment:

• goldcuff
    replied
    Yep by ss#,,that's y I say there is preference ,, Canadates w points get go in first

Leave a comment:

• 20NOutLife
    replied
    bathrooms!! Just the guy i need!!!
    Love my kitchen hate my bathroom...lol seriously i respect what your saying.. Youll always regret not giving it a chance. I talk from experience... Im obviously taking a huge pay cut like probably everyone else.. I own a co-op so i have a mortgage my wife also needs a new car lol.. Plus here's the big killer i pay child support for two.... So moneys tight already on top of that add a pay cut, it has me worried.. I also plan on talking to a financial advisor.. Hopefully he doesn't tell me "what are you nuts stay where you're at" lol like i said before all my friends and family are in law-enforcement.. I should've done this long time ago.
    Buying a house in the inner boroughs is very very expensive. I wasn't willing to go upstate being so close to work.. How ironic i'm upstate every weekend in my family's house i also belong to a softball team upstate.. Lolol.. Im kinda hyped thinking about tbta..

Damn bro, mortgage, house, car note and CHILD support. You have the making of a typical law enforcement officer ..LMFAO... I'm so glad I'm not going to be the only one taking a pay cut. I feel u on the speaking with financial advisor and hearing him say to stay where you at. I'm en route to making about 108k by the end of the year and to go from that to 35k.. He may refer me to a life crisis counselor and have me admitted for a psych review. Lmao.

Softball? Really.. C'mon bro, hardball is where it's at! Lol.. But softball is cute, does the uniform comes with tassel and a handbag? LMAO..

Glad to hear junior and I aren't the only with struggles... Hehe

Leave a comment:

• REDBIRD1031
    replied
    Originally posted by junior214 View Post
    i'm not nypd i'm no law enforcement yet (god willing) i hope i get on i do bathroom remodeling and i want out this business . I've maxed out at what i can do top pay etc. Now i'm just bored and have no love or heart for the business law enforcement has been in me for a long time. Being young at the time looking at short term instead of long term i made my choices to take that short fast money doing this kind of work because the raise was higher and faster. Not knocking the business pays the bills i'm happy with my family. This law enforcement is what i always wanted to do so i'm taking the chance to do it i work out like crazy after work. I'm tired but it means something to me.
    bathrooms!! Just the guy i need!!!
    Love my kitchen hate my bathroom...lol seriously i respect what your saying.. Youll always regret not giving it a chance. I talk from experience... Im obviously taking a huge pay cut like probably everyone else.. I own a co-op so i have a mortgage my wife also needs a new car lol.. Plus here's the big killer i pay child support for two.... So moneys tight already on top of that add a pay cut, it has me worried.. I also plan on talking to a financial advisor.. Hopefully he doesn't tell me "what are you nuts stay where you're at" lol like i said before all my friends and family are in law-enforcement.. I should've done this long time ago.
    Buying a house in the inner boroughs is very very expensive. I wasn't willing to go upstate being so close to work.. How ironic i'm upstate every weekend in my family's house i also belong to a softball team upstate.. Lolol.. Im kinda hyped thinking about tbta..

Leave a comment:

• Junior214
    replied
    I'm not nypd I'm no law enforcement yet (GOD willing) I hope I get on I do bathroom remodeling and I want out this business . I've maxed out at what I can do top pay etc. now I'm just bored and have no love or heart for the business law enforcement has been in me for a long time. Being Young at the time looking at short term instead of long term I made my choices to take that short fast money doing this kind of work because the raise was higher and faster. Not knocking the business pays the bills I'm happy with my family. This law enforcement is what I always wanted to do so I'm taking the chance to do it I work out like crazy after work. I'm tired but it means something to me.

Leave a comment:

• 20NOutLife
    replied
    Originally posted by Junior214 View Post
    In regards to the house I meant to add that you want to consider some options. Foreclosure,fixer upper or move in ready. Depending on what your living situation is and how the mrs will be and the kids that should help with your choices get advise from the bank as well so you get a good idea on what your dealing with. Good luck
    Thank you for the great advice sir. I thought u was nypd for some reason. What do u do?

As far as My gut is telling me to stay put, do another 11-14yrs(military buyback) and retire in my late 30s. But my head is telling me to go try something else.. Lol.

We are looking at a ready to move into house. I don't want to inherit anybody problems and then try to fix it. Never been a fan of used cars because of this reason. Our condo was newly built. But I'm going to definitely try to have the seller pay for closing. I doubt ima find any newly built houses at a decent price range. I just don't wanna get myself into something and then can't afford to make payment and live comfortably at the same time because of the paycut. (Wife wants a new car because I got one, smh)

But I'm going to definitely do a pros and cons list and compare and contrast. Thanks Alot sir.

Leave a comment:

• Junior214
    replied
    In regards to the house I meant to add that you want to consider some options. Foreclosure,fixer upper or move in ready. Depending on what your living situation is and how the mrs will be and the kids that should help with your choices get advise from the bank as well so you get a good idea on what your dealing with. Good luck

Leave a comment:

• Junior214
    replied
    First in my opinion. Go with your gut. Set up pros and cons lists. They work for me. I'm not in civil service now so the perks of benefits and time served I don't have that. The work I do is good but it doesn't compare to NYC. I wanted a condo a few years back but got the house instead. Closing is expensive but if you can work that into your contract the seller pays for that.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10702 users online. 467 members and 10235 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X