• Show
Clear All

• Impact87
    replied
    Mine is november 7th 8AM

Leave a comment:

• BaneDroid
    replied
    I believe the new list for sanitation starts in the summer and old list is for the winter. I'm not 100 percent. What's worse if that's true, the predicted class for bto is spring and sanitation for summer. You guys will have a tougher decision.

Leave a comment:

• WILLDOGS
    replied
    Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
    First off, thank you Bklynproud and Junior.

Willdogs, yeah you can't go wrong with sanitation's salary. But i kinda feel the same way with leaning towards BTO, Since my mind is all on BTO.

I was not banking on Sanitation at all especially 100,000 people taking this exam.... to me i felt a better shot getting called and landing a career with tbta since i got 2 wrong, and when i got this letter today from DCAS about the physical for sanitation i was very surprised.

Banedroid, your absolutely right. If Sanitation is the only chance i got right now im going for it. Let's see what happens....

im still anxious for my score and list number with tbta though.
    LOL we are in the exact same boat. I thought my chances were way better with the two wrong I got on the BTO test, when I took the sanitation exam I didn't prep or really take it seriously as I took the BTO test. Very surprised to say the least! I am moving forward with sanitation while I wait for BTO results as well.
    By the way sorry if I missed it but what day is your physical? I got Oct 28. Hopefully we will cross paths during this process.

Leave a comment:

• bklynproud
    replied
    lmpact87, soon enough you will get your scores from tbta and you have two job offers on the table happy to hear that you're going to go through the process for nyc sanitation just keep moving forward and you will land on your dream job wish you and all the best of luck
    Last edited by bklynproud; 09-25-2015, 12:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bklynproud
    replied
    Your welcome lmpact87,
    Last edited by bklynproud; 09-25-2015, 12:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Impact87
    replied
    First off, thank you Bklynproud and Junior.

Willdogs, yeah you can't go wrong with sanitation's salary. But i kinda feel the same way with leaning towards BTO, Since my mind is all on BTO.

I was not banking on Sanitation at all especially 100,000 people taking this exam.... to me i felt a better shot getting called and landing a career with tbta since i got 2 wrong, and when i got this letter today from DCAS about the physical for sanitation i was very surprised.

Banedroid, your absolutely right. If Sanitation is the only chance i got right now im going for it. Let's see what happens....

im still anxious for my score and list number with tbta though.

Leave a comment:

• BaneDroid
    replied
    The novelty wears for every job whether it's your dream job or not. It comes down to providing the best means for your family and yourself. I would stick to sanitation if this is your chance.

Leave a comment:

• WILLDOGS
    replied
    You can't complain about the pay that's for sure. Here is a screenshot of what my buddy has brought home with a bit of OT as a supervisor from 2012-2014. I hope to be there one day..

You can look up salaries here: http://seethroughny.net/payrolls

Leave a comment:

• Junior214
    replied
    What's up everybody, i just got a letter to take the physical exam for sanitation worker 5001 exam on November 7th. I'm confused because the letter does not mention anything about my score for the written exam. Anyone else that took this exam recieve that letter?
    Congrats hopefully it's not an error I would go for it keep all your options open. I took the exam as well and haven't received anything. You take these exams with a vision that you will get on the job. Follow that vision. Good luck

Leave a comment:

• bklynproud
    replied
    notice was sent out because you guys did well on the exams some NYC agency request the list from dcas before the list get establish or made public, it's a great opportunity 20 years retirement and you can transfer to sanitation police, congratulations to you guys

Leave a comment:

• WILLDOGS
    replied
    Lol @ the computer error.

i guess you just have to do both until you decide what you really want to do. I know if this happens to me its definitely going to be a hard decision to make.
    Same here, although my heart really leans towards BTO. I think i'd be happier, always have wanted to be in LE.

Leave a comment:

• Impact87
    replied
    Lol @ the computer error.

i guess you just have to do both until you decide what you really want to do. I know if this happens to me its definitely going to be a hard decision to make.

Leave a comment:

• WILLDOGS
    replied
    So what happens if I start the process with sanitation and then I get called for TBTA? How does that work?

Leave a comment:

• WILLDOGS
    replied
    Hmmm, maybe we must of scored very well on the written.
    Possibly, but a small part of me is waiting for another notice saying that "Due to a computer error some letters went out inadvertently. Please disregard" LOL

I called my sanitation supervisor buddy and he is as confused as I am. in 17 year On the Job, he has never heard of Physical notices going out before the list numbers. I'm not getting too excited yet.

Leave a comment:

• Impact87
    replied
    Hmmm, maybe we must of scored very well on the written.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9285 users online. 474 members and 8811 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X