• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20NOutLife
    replied
    Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
    Likewise 20 and feel better lol.

Btw 20, corrections AIU sent me a letter few months ago and i didn't have enough credits at that time. And now since i do have them, im currently waiting for my college transcripts for my new credits i did on FEMA and once that comes in the mail, im going to notify AIU to let them know i have them so they schedule me starting the hiring process.

Also since dealing with inmates... me being at 5'10 180lbs a good weight for corrections or should i bulk up more pounds? I know the job can be stressful, but any pro & con ideas would be greatly appreciated
    I'll be honest with you my friend, size doesn't really matter at all on this job anymore. it's how confident you carry yourself, your assertiveness, professionalism and demeanor means alot more. the days of fighting are over, its more talk them down and chemical agent. according to the health chart, your height and weight is perfect. now try to maintain it once you get on.

your process should go very quickly depending on your case and your investigator so good luck. I know they are looking for highly qualified candidates for upcoming classes.

pros- excellent pension, great benefits, health,dental,vision etc, pay is decent, vacations etc. great training, alot of cool gears, law enforcement status, tons of specialized units to join..

cons- being assaulted, getting slashed or burn, scarred for the rest of your life, the jails are outta control, inmates knows that there are no punishment for their actions, the AMOUNT of force overtime, its not healthy for the body, a few captains and officer has died recently because of stress and bad health due to constantly working. it's not easy workint conditions, so add in extra overtime everyday, your body is going to give out. it's a very stressful environment, alot of staff don't live to see their pension, its a sad but real truth.

take it for what it's worth my friend, I'm a supervisor with almost 7yrs on, I grossed almost 130k ytd AND IM LEAVING. im ready to take a paycut to go anywhere else, so that i can enjoy my life with my wife and be there for my family. I know alot of ppls that said enough is enough, especially with what happened recently with the attempted murder of CO Calderon. just my two cents, use it as a stepping stone if you wish, but be careful!

Leave a comment:

• Impact87
    replied
    Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
    yes it is my friend. But just want to take this chance to say happy thanksgiving to everyone. Hope everybody have a safe and enjoyable holiday with their family. and for those whos dying to get on this job or any job, just remember that holidays like this will be few and far to come by because you will be at work. SO ENJOY this time now. (i feel a cold coming up tomorrow,thank god for sick days..LOL)
    Likewise 20 and feel better lol.

Btw 20, corrections AIU sent me a letter few months ago and i didn't have enough credits at that time. And now since i do have them, im currently waiting for my college transcripts for my new credits i did on FEMA and once that comes in the mail, im going to notify AIU to let them know i have them so they schedule me starting the hiring process.

Also since dealing with inmates... me being at 5'10 180lbs a good weight for corrections or should i bulk up more pounds? I know the job can be stressful, but any pro & con ideas would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by Impact87; 11-25-2015, 09:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 20NOutLife
    replied
    Originally posted by Rh992 View Post
    Civil service is a giant waiting game lol
    yes it is my friend. But just want to take this chance to say happy thanksgiving to everyone. Hope everybody have a safe and enjoyable holiday with their family. and for those whos dying to get on this job or any job, just remember that holidays like this will be few and far to come by because you will be at work. SO ENJOY this time now. (i feel a cold coming up tomorrow,thank god for sick days..LOL)

Leave a comment:

• Rh992
    replied
    Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
    This waiting is so horrible
    Civil service is a giant waiting game lol

Leave a comment:

• Impact87
    replied
    This waiting is so horrible

Leave a comment:

• Qns_Ny 22
    replied
    Hope everyone on here is doing good, and wishing everyone an early happy thanksgiving. Hopefully sometime soon we'll get these scores and start this damn thing. Wouldn't be MTA if they weren't late on everything..

Leave a comment:

• Qns_Ny 22
    replied
    So how about them scores? Lol

Leave a comment:

• bklynproud
    replied
    I took the MTA transit property protection agent exam on March 9th 2013 and got my results on July 22, 2015 and still no one from that exam has been call for process

Leave a comment:

• Impact87
    replied
    Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
    So results for this job are not going be send out this year ? I have never taken a test that has taken so long just to get your list number.
    I took the MTA track worker exam in April 2013 and did not recieve my results until September/October of 2014. So figure this wait as of today can be another 6-12 months, i pray for earlier than that....

Leave a comment:

• Qns_Ny 22
    replied
    Well if it makes you feel any better the new training facility is slated to be completed by March 2016 lol

Leave a comment:

• 20NOutLife
    replied
    Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
    So results for this job are not going be send out this year ? I have never taken a test that has taken so long just to get your list number.
    patience is a virtue my friend. just forget about it and that's when its going to come knocking on your door. just gotta live your life. =)

Leave a comment:

• nycapomts
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Impact87
    replied
    Im going for my physical exam for sanitation this saturday. I spoke to a bto who turned down sanitation, and during his 15 years as a bto he does not regret turning sanitation down at all. He said dont get it twisted, sanitation is a great job that he encourages anyone to take it, but he loves being a bto. "Its stress free, yes you will have your rough days here and there, its less physical compared to sanitation, the pay and benefits are awesome as well, and i get to carry a gun for the rest of my life...whats gonna happen when im 70s year old and some young punk trys to hurt me and rob me? I wont have the speed and power brawling with him so of course im cappin his @$$" lol and hey he has a very good point too, you got to protect yourself especially when you become an elderly man.

Leave a comment:

• TruGuardian
    replied
    Originally posted by WILLDOGS View Post
    I just passed the Sanitation physical today, but I feel like I am cheating on the BTO Job lol. Dammit i want these results to come out! I rather go BTO!
    Maybe, I'm incorrect...

But I recall that its was stated in this thread that TBTA honors and carries over your time on a city' job, towards your retirement..

Leave a comment:

• wo 150
    replied
    Originally posted by WILLDOGS View Post
    I just passed the Sanitation physical today, but I feel like I am cheating on the BTO Job lol. Dammit i want these results to come out! I rather go BTO!
    Go with who ever calls first, You can always resign and take the other job

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7932 users online. 428 members and 7504 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X