Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The time on the front end and staying in the same tier sound great (heard the new tier isn't that great)! The pay cut kind of sucks but it is what it is. Any idea what the pay scale is through the 5 years, and are the contracts up to date? And is ot available to rookies or is it mostly taken by senior guys. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
      doc counts up front, but if your under 30 it really doesn't matter
      i had called nycers and spoke to someone they said for doc time counts at the end. Sometimes i think they give you any ol answer

Comment

• First step is 41k, and 65k top at 5 years. Contract expired in 2012, new contract is being negotiated.

OT is always there, as the junior guy you will be forced to work, a lot of times 16hrs straight. OT is distributed to those that have the least amount of OT hours get first crack at it, and it works it's way up. If no one wants it, then junior officer is required to stay.
        sigpic

Comment

• Any NYC service counts up front. PAAs come on our job and do 3 years with TBTA and retire with a full pension.
          sigpic

Comment

First step is 41k, and 65k top at 5 years. Contract expired in 2012, new contract is being negotiated.

OT is always there, as the junior guy you will be forced to work, a lot of times 16hrs straight. OT is distributed to those that have the least amount of OT hours get first crack at it, and it works it's way up. If no one wants it, then junior officer is required to stay.
            How soon are you eligible to take the SGT's exam and what is SGT pay scale?
            Also, with normal OT, do you know what top pay BTO's bring home per year on average?

Thanks

Comment

• Top base for Sgt, 12hr tours is 92k (by working 12hr tours we get additional money for the longer tours in each check). Also expired since 2012, and that's not including any stipends (long Gev, night diff, uniform)

Last Sgt exam was July 2012, you only need 6 months on the job to take the test, 18 months on to get promoted.

I got promoted before they got their contract so I don't know what their real numbers look like, but when I started (under the old contract) I made $53k my first year and I rarely did OT, only forced, and I got night diff, plus the stipends.
              sigpic

Comment

• Thanks for the reply!

Comment

• Looks like NYPD will help secure mta bridges after couple of People climbed the rfk. Maybe this might speed up the process due to TBTA not having enough recourses to do it themselves.

Comment

• Or install a ton of cameras, gates and locks where needed until the story goes away. This is usually the standard response with stories like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by WILLDOGS View Post
                      Or install a ton of cameras, gates and locks where needed until the story goes away. This is usually the standard response with stories like this.
                      Until it happens again. Like on the bk bridge

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
                        Until it happens again. Like on the bk bridge
                        Oh I agree. Just stating what the SOP is for things like this unfortunately

Comment

• Originally posted by WILLDOGS View Post
                          Oh I agree. Just stating what the SOP is for things like this unfortunately
                          I know , we are very reactivate in Ems as well which is sad.

Comment

• NYPD will not be on TBTAs bridges and tunnels.
                            sigpic

Comment

NYPD will not be on TBTAs bridges and tunnels.
                              They said that on the news, I mean they did it with PAPD after a couple of security breaches.. But then again what does the media know.

Comment

• I have taken this exam at James Madison and out of all honesty it was a easy test majority of the questions was just like NYPDs if not some of the questions are too easy and the obvious answers were dead give aways but anywho I heard there are 125 positions opened for this job but 20,000 people took the exam lol oh well waiting for the mta pd test and fdny also 1 year left till NYPD calls me in so just reeling in my options

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7475 users online. 411 members and 7064 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X