Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a few questions for any Tbta officer's in here. If you work for the mta as a B/O and switch to tbta does your time count on the front end or back end of years of service for us it's 25/55? Are you able to keep your rate of pay or do you start from the bottom. If your in tier 4 nycers do you stay in the same tier or are you forced into a new tier? How long does it take to get a transfer from one bridge to another. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by sinnyc View Post
      I have a few questions for any Tbta officer's in here. If you work for the mta as a B/O and switch to tbta does your time count on the front end or back end of years of service for us it's 25/55? Are you able to keep your rate of pay or do you start from the bottom. If your in tier 4 nycers do you stay in the same tier or are you forced into a new tier? How long does it take to get a transfer from one bridge to another. Thanks.
      HEY WASSUP SIN... YOUR TIME COUNTS IN THE FRONT WHICH IS GOOD. I WOULD THINK YOUR Tier HAS TO CHANGE BECAUSE OF 20/50 PLUS CONTRIBUTIONS ARE DIFFERENT($) , AS FAR AS SALARY, THATS THE BIG ONE, WISH I COULD HELP YOU ON THAT ONE. WHEN YOU FIND OUT LET ME KNOW.. I READ ON HERE THEIR PICKS LAST A YEAR.
      Last edited by REDBIRD1031; 03-26-2015, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• Your time counts up front, and you stay in your tier. Your salary starts at the bottom though.

As far as transfers- usually transfers are only done when a new class comes out, or for a very rare occassion. We had a period of about 5 years with no transfers, would have been longer if they didn't take guys away from the hudson bridge
        sigpic

Comment

• Your picks do not last a year, once you are assigned a facility you could stay there forever. The assignments at the facility are only good for a year however, unless you get an incumbent spot.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
            your picks do not last a year, once you are assigned a facility you could stay there forever. The assignments at the facility are only good for a year however, unless you get an incumbent spot.
            hey gbot are you sure about having to start at the bottom as far as salary is concerned considering its an mta to mta ?
            BTW THE WAY THANK YOU FOR THE INFO

Comment

• Yes, I'm positive.
              sigpic

Comment

yes, i'm positive.
                ok thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by sinnyc View Post
                  i have a few questions for any tbta officer's in here. If you work for the mta as a b/o and switch to tbta does your time count on the front end or back end of years of service for us it's 25/55? Are you able to keep your rate of pay or do you start from the bottom. If your in tier 4 nycers do you stay in the same tier or are you forced into a new tier? How long does it take to get a transfer from one bridge to another. Thanks.
                  Sin does that info change things for you?
                  Last edited by REDBIRD1031; 03-26-2015, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by REDBIRD1031 View Post
                    ok thanks
                    Join the club. I'm making very decent money right now (around $100k/year) and am willing to make the jump from Corporate Life to BTO. It's not an easy decision but long term I will be much happier and have better retirement benefits. I've wanted to be LEO since birth but am too old to join any other area LEO Agencies. This is my last hope as Corporate life is not for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by WILLDOGS View Post
                      Join the club. I'm making very decent money right now (around $100k/year) and am willing to make the jump from Corporate Life to BTO. It's not an easy decision but long term I will be much happier and have better retirement benefits. I've wanted to be LEO since birth but am too old to join any other area LEO Agencies. This is my last hope as Corporate life is not for me.
                      Oh god ! I thought I was taking a pay cut

Comment

• Originally posted by WILLDOGS View Post
                        DAMN I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE.., IM MAKING GOOD MONEY TOO, EVEN MORE THAN A BTO AT TOP RATE (with no OT ) I DIDNT WANT TO BE A LEO UNTIL LATER ON IN LIFE WHEN I SAW WHAT IS WAS LIKE WITH ALL MY FREINDS AND FAMILY BEING LEO'S AND I DO MEAN ALL.. IM A LITTLE OLDER TOO BUT IN GOOD SHAPE. THIS IS ALSO MY LAST CHANCE TO BE A LEO . I REGRET NOT CALLING THE INVESTIGATOR BACK FOR PAPD. I WAS PRACTICALLY IN.. OR WPPD I MOVED AND DIDNT UPDATE MY ADDRESS , THAT WAS JUST PURE BONE HEAD... IF I DO GET CALLED NOT SURE WHAT I WOULD DO, I HAVE A MORTGAGE , NOT SURE IF THAT PAY SCALE WOULD CUT IT..
                        Last edited by REDBIRD1031; 03-26-2015, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycpoorest View Post
                          oh god ! I thought i was taking a pay cut
                          lolol

Comment

Yes, I'm positive.
                            I've been with NYCDOC for 2 years would my time count? I don't think it matters anyways because I'm 23 and I would be forced to work till I'm 50 because of the pension plan. IDC about the pay cut because I still live with my parents but I'm just curious. Thanks
                            sigpicRookie Correction Officer

Comment

• Originally posted by Solid Snake12 View Post
                              I've been with NYCDOC for 2 years would my time count? I don't think it matters anyways because I'm 23 and I would be forced to work till I'm 50 because of the pension plan. IDC about the pay cut because I still live with my parents but I'm just curious. Thanks
                              Your time counts at the end so you'll end up with 22 yrs of work

Comment

• DOC counts up front, but if your under 30 it really doesn't matter
                                sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7573 users online. 369 members and 7204 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X