300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
    Well B is clearly the answer. It's the end of the officers tour. By telling the Sgt now he will surely get overtime out of it.
    The question was just really open ended. The fact that the "Notify Supervisor at a later time" answer had the words "at a later time" in it really leaves things open to interpretation. Like others have mentioned, what if the car that was damaged left before you were able to notify your supervisor? What exactly qualifies as "a later time"? BTO policies were not stated as part of the question, so it sort of left things open to interpretation.

I just feel that the "Notify supervisor at a later time" answer should have been worded differently.
    NYPD EXAM: 4312
    Score: 9X
    List: 1XX

NY Court Officer Exam - Oct 2014
    Score : ?
    List # : ?

Bridge & Tunnel Officer Exam : March 21 2015
    Score : 100
    List : ?

Comment

• I hope someone can remember the question number because I definitely want to challenge this question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike19 View Post
        The question was just really open ended. The fact that the "Notify Supervisor at a later time" answer had the words "at a later time" in it really leaves things open to interpretation. Like others have mentioned, what if the car that was damaged left before you were able to notify your supervisor? What exactly qualifies as "a later time"? BTO policies were not stated as part of the question, so it sort of left things open to interpretation.

I just feel that the "Notify supervisor at a later time" answer should have been worded differently.
        It should of been "notify supervisor prior to finishing your shift"

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
          I hope someone can remember the question number because I definitely want to challenge this question.
          You shouldn't need to remember it. Since we will have the opportunity to challenge, I'm guessing they will have to include the questions when they release the answers. Otherwise how would we know if we had a legitimate reason to protest or if we just simply answered the question incorrectly?

Comment

• notifying the Supv is still the better option. Leaving the note option, leaves you only to believe a note was left on the windshield, and no further action taken. Notifying the Supv at a later time..well a later time could be 5 minutes later or 5 days later, it could have been after attempting to ascertain who the registered owner is. What I can tell you, is leaving a note on a windshield would absolutely not be done.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSCOHopeful View Post
              You shouldn't need to remember it. Since we will have the opportunity to challenge, I'm guessing they will have to include the questions when they release the answers. Otherwise there would be no way to know if we had a legitimate reason to protest or if we just simply answered the question wrong.
              Well if I got it right why would I still go to protest it.

Comment

• "Sorry I hit your car,
                Officer Smith, TBTA"
                sigpic

Comment

"Sorry I hit your car,
                  Officer Smith, TBTA"
                  More like this car was hit by a tbta officer you can reach the SGT at this number so we can exchange Information. How do you know that wouldn't be in the note ? Your speculating just like people are speculating that he would tell the supervisor at the end of his shift and not the next day or he wouldn't tell the supervisor at the end of his shift.
                  Last edited by NYCpoorest; 03-23-2015, 02:14 PM.

Comment

"Sorry I hit your car,
                    Officer Smith, TBTA"
                    I get what you are saying, but is that any better then Notifying your supervisor at a later time? Because a later time could mean 5 days later as you mentioned in your previous post.

The answers were just poorly worded in my opinion.
                    NYPD EXAM: 4312
                    Score: 9X
                    List: 1XX

NY Court Officer Exam - Oct 2014
                    Score : ?
                    List # : ?

Bridge & Tunnel Officer Exam : March 21 2015
                    Score : 100
                    List : ?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
                      Well if I got it right why would I still go to protest it.
                      That's not what I saying. My point was that they will probably release the questions WITH the answers so that you would know exactly what you were protesting. And you might not protest if, for example you simply got the answer wrong and in retrospect realized that the answer you selected didn't make sense, or you made a mistake and marked the wrong answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSCOHopeful View Post
                        That's not what I saying. My point was that they will probably release the questions WITH the answers so that you would know exactly what you were protesting. And you might not protest if, for example you simply got the answer wrong and in retrospect realized that the answer you selected didn't make sense, or you made a mistake and marked the wrong answer.
                        There going to release the answer key and the answer key only on April 9th . If I know which question it was I don't need to go in for the "walk in" on the 29th as I know I got the answer right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike19 View Post
                          I think it said "Notify a supervisor and figure it out at a later time"

Which sort of seemed like a carefree sort of response, which is why I chose to leave a note with all the contact information.
                          I'm 80% percent sure that it was worded this way. Just didn't sound right

Comment

• Originally posted by BaneDroid View Post
                            I'm 80% percent sure that it was worded this way. Just didn't sound right
                            I think if it was worded like that then I'm 100% wrong

Comment

• You guys really are reading too much into this stuff...granted that's a TERRIBLY worded question
                              sigpic

Comment

You guys really are reading too much into this stuff...granted that's a TERRIBLY worded question
                                They should just give anyone the point because it's not fair that it's worded so badly. Everyone here knows what to do in that situation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6049 users online. 208 members and 5841 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X