300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
    I would still go with notify a supervisor. A notification is to be done in a timely manner. A PAR would have to be completed, and all the necessary steps would be coordinated through the supervisor. Merely leaving a note doesn't prove the accident investigation would be completed
    But the question said at a later time. Does anyone here remember the exact question and exact answers for that question ?

Comment

• Originally posted by WILLDOGS View Post
      Makes sense, but as "Outsiders" how are we supposed to know what is policy and not policy?
      As a "human" taking this test, and reading that question, many might think that the more correct thing to do is to leave a note with all information for that person to get in touch with the agency to start the insurance process. In my mind, the correct answer for this one could have been either one. Just my opinion.
      I'm a LEO and like they always say when in doubt call 1800-supervisor. That's why I picked notify supervisor. He crashed a department vehicle. And from what I've seen in tbta sergeants are always doing accident ppw. This was the only question that I was 50/50
      sigpicRookie Correction Officer

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
        But the question said at a later time. Does anyone here remember the exact question and exact answers for that question ?
        I don't remember the question number. It definitely did say notify a supervisor at a later time, which I remember thinking was odd too but I still went with that answer. The other possible answer was like you said, leave a note. Think of it this way though, leaving a note and contacting a supervisor at a later time both seem to put off dealing with the situation immediately, so I still think contacting the supervisor is the better answer. The other 2 "possibilities" were a joke but I think they were similar. One of them was something like "drive away immediately and say nothing". Can't remember the last one.

I get what everyone's saying. How would we know the policy? While leaving a note seems like it could be the right thing to do, the point is we just don't know. When in doubt, you notify a supervisor. If it turns out notifying the supervisor was correct, you should definitely protest because it could be argued that leaving a note could be considered trying to do the right thing. If it turns out leaving the note WAS the correct choice, I'm going to protest and argue that we can't possibly be expected to know what to do in that situation and would need to contact the supervisor to be sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solid Snake12 View Post
          I'm a LEO and like they always say when in doubt call 1800-supervisor. That's why I picked notify supervisor. He crashed a department vehicle. And from what I've seen in tbta sergeants are always doing accident ppw. This was the only question that I was 50/50
          I agree calling the supervisor when your in doubt is the right thing but the answer seemed like okay I hit this car I'll tell the supervisor tomorrow when I start my tour. It was a very bad question with bad answers. They should of given us a policy and had us answer the question with that .

Comment

• There should of been an answer like notify a supervisor and wait for him or her to show up to conduct an investigation.

Comment

What if that car left by the time the supervisor arrives ? Imo the note was the best answer.
              I agree, this is why I chose to leave a note as the answer.
              NYPD EXAM: 4312
              Score: 9X
              List: 1XX

NY Court Officer Exam - Oct 2014
              Score : ?
              List # : ?

Bridge & Tunnel Officer Exam : March 21 2015
              Score : 100
              List : ?

Comment

I think it said "Notify a supervisor and figure it out at a later time"

Which sort of seemed like a carefree sort of response, which is why I chose to leave a note with all the contact information.
                NYPD EXAM: 4312
                Score: 9X
                List: 1XX

NY Court Officer Exam - Oct 2014
                Score : ?
                List # : ?

Bridge & Tunnel Officer Exam : March 21 2015
                Score : 100
                List : ?

Comment

• Originally posted by nycpoorest View Post
                  but the question said at a later time. Does anyone here remember the exact question and exact answers for that question ?
                  what you said about the question is pretty much correct.

Comment

• I beleive leaving the note was the best answer because after leaving the note with all your info on it i would contact a supervisor immediatly . The question did not finish that option for you. They just gave you the first half of that option. THE SECOND THE QUESTION READ CONTACT A SUPERVISOR AT A LATER TIME. " LATER TIME" CHANGED EVERYTHING
                    Last edited by REDBIRD1031; 03-23-2015, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• I 've also chose to leave a note... Asking to contact your supervisor at a later time.. meaning what? the following day, week from the accident? what if that car is no longer park there? Best to leave all your information so that person will be able to reach you.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnyB5 View Post
                        I 've also chose to leave a note... Asking to contact your supervisor at a later time.. meaning what? the following day, week from the accident? what if that car is no longer park there? Best to leave all your information so that person will be able to reach you.
                        Yes and we can't talk about mta'a BTO policy because that wasn't part of the question. These question you have to use no outside knowledge of anything but what's in front of you. There's been times where I was asked medical questions and I knew what the real answer was but I had to base my answer on the content they gave me on the test.
                        Last edited by NYCpoorest; 03-23-2015, 12:23 PM.

Comment

It was something like, you're near the end of your shift and go to park your patrol vehicle between 2 cars. As you back your car into the spot you hear a loud bang. You get out and see broken glass and a cracked windshield what do you do? The answer choices i remember were leave and let them take it as a lesson not to park like that, leave the note, notify a supervisor at a later time. Not quoted verbatim but close enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rh992 View Post
                            It was something like, you're near the end of your shift and go to park your patrol vehicle between 2 cars. As you back your car into the spot you hear a loud bang. You get out and see broken glass and a cracked windshield what do you do? The answer choices i remember were leave and let them take it as a lesson not to park like that, leave the note, notify a supervisor at a later time. Not quoted verbatim but close enough.
                            Close Enough

Question: You're near the end of your shift and go to park your patrol vehicle between 2 cars. As you back your car into the spot you hear a loud bang. You get out and see broken glass and a cracked windshield what do you do?

Possible Answers:
                            - Leave a note on the cars windshield with contact info
                            - Notify a supervisor at a later time
                            - Quickly drive away (or similar)
                            - Note that the owner of the car should learn to park better next time (or similar)

The above is not verbatim, but it's pretty close

Comment

• Well B is clearly the answer. It's the end of the officers tour. By telling the Sgt now he will surely get overtime out of it.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                                Well B is clearly the answer. It's the end of the officers tour. By telling the Sgt now he will surely get overtime out of it.
                                Well if it's the end of your tour and you tell your SGT "at a letter time " wouldn't that the some other time? It's the end of your tour. If it said tell the supervisor before you leave your tour then I would agree with you.But I strongly disagree with you saying B is clearly the answer.None of the answers are right there all stupid.
                                Last edited by NYCpoorest; 03-23-2015, 02:01 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9452 users online. 458 members and 8994 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X