Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good luck to those who took the exam yesterday. Can't wait for April 9th to see the results. If i don't get a 100 then im just going to move on and see what happens if they call me in a few years or not. If you find out you scored a 100 on april 9, start training. Those that don't score a 100, just work out anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by impact87 View Post
      Good luck to those who took the exam yesterday. Can't wait for April 9th to see the results. If i don't get a 100 then im just going to move on and see what happens if they call me in a few years or not. If you find out you scored a 100 on april 9, start training. Those that don't score a 100, just work out anyway.
      I know you took other exams like a few of us you'll get something good luck to you too

Comment

• That was the easiest of all the tests ive taken, that memorization section especially.
        NYPD

Comment

• Originally posted by irussny View Post
          That was the easiest of all the tests ive taken, that memorization section especially.
          I agreee

Comment

• The guy who hit the park car. Should he have left the information on the windshield or notify the supervisor?
            sigpicRookie Correction Officer

Comment

• Originally posted by Solid Snake12 View Post
              The guy who hit the park car. Should he have left the information on the windshield or notify the supervisor?
              There was nothing in the text to suggest that leaving a note on the car would be the right move. It might even be a violation of policy, create some liability, be perceived as an admission guilt, etc. And with property damage, there might need to be some type of investigation. We just don't know. When in doubt, you always notify a supervisor.
              Last edited by NYSCOHopeful; 03-23-2015, 02:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSCOHopeful View Post
                There was nothing in the text to suggest that leaving a note on the car would be the right move. It might even be a violation of policy, create some liability, be perceived as an admission guilt, etc. And with property damage, there might need to be some type of investigation. We just don't know. When in doubt, you always notify a supervisor.
                Makes sense, but as "Outsiders" how are we supposed to know what is policy and not policy?
                As a "human" taking this test, and reading that question, many might think that the more correct thing to do is to leave a note with all information for that person to get in touch with the agency to start the insurance process. In my mind, the correct answer for this one could have been either one. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSCOHopeful View Post
                  What if that car left by the time the supervisor arrives ? Imo the note was the best answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyscohopeful View Post
                    there was nothing in the text to suggest that leaving a note on the car would be the right move. It might even be a violation of policy, create some liability, be perceived as an admission guilt, etc. And with property damage, there might need to be some type of investigation. We just don't know. When in doubt, you always notify a supervisor.
                    also going to get the supervisor would be considered leaving the scene of an accident.. Which is a violation

Comment

• Originally posted by CelticLEO View Post
                      I wonder what percentage a candidate will have to perform the cooper standards for the physical test?
                      I wonder the same too. As for me I'm going for at least 50% since that's the minimum requirements for NYSP.

http://www.nytrooper.com/fitness_levels.cfm
                      NYPD Exam #4329
                      TBTA Exam #5606

Comment

• What was the question? Never leave a note on a vehicle that you were involved in an MVA with. An investigation would be conducted by a Sgt or Lt. if an authority vehicle was involved, RMP or not.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                          What was the question? Never leave a note on a vehicle that you were involved in an MVA with. An investigation would be conducted by a Sgt or Lt. if an authority vehicle was involved, RMP or not.
                          Something along the lines of you parking a vehicle and hear a bang and when you go out side you see there's damage to your vehicle and the vehicle behind you. What do you do. I believe it also stated that it was at the end of your shift. The only two good answers where leave a note on the other car or notify a supervisor at a later time of the incident. The fact that it said notify a supervisor at a later time is the reason why I didn't pick that answer. Again the question did not have any BTO POLICIES therefore I answerd the question as a civilian.
                          Last edited by NYCpoorest; 03-23-2015, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• That's a protest question...
                            sigpic

Comment

• I would still go with notify a supervisor. A notification is to be done in a timely manner. A PAR would have to be completed, and all the necessary steps would be coordinated through the supervisor. Merely leaving a note doesn't prove the accident investigation would be completed
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                                That's a protest question...
                                It probably will be , anyone remember the number for that question ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6432 users online. 273 members and 6159 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X