Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was sad how many people i saw in that auditorium playing on their phones, ringtones blaring at max volume. Hell even one of the people administering the test had his phone go off in the hall. Talk about a distraction.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
      Hmmm I could of sworn he just had a regular mta ID, I also don't believe tbta use that shield maybe TBTA SGT on here can clarify that.
      I didn't think they used that shield either but the guy I'm talking about definitely had a gold NYPD Detective-style shield in a black holder around his neck. It definitely wasn't a Sergeant's shield.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
        Hopefully ALOT OF these people get character DQ and background DQs.
        I hope so too. I saw a lot of people demonstrating in one way or another that they weren't taking this exam seriously. And as Sgt gbotj said, the cooper standard physical will probably disqualify a lot of people. I saw a lot of seemingly out of shape folks. I was talking to a few people and when I told them that the academy was going to be 6 months long, they all seemed very surprised that there even WAS an academy, let alone that it was going to be that long. In my book, this all bodes well for those of us who are serious about this career..
        Last edited by NYSCOHopeful; 03-21-2015, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSCOHopeful View Post
          I didn't think they used that shield either but the guy I'm talking about definitely had a gold NYPD Detective-style shield in a black holder around his neck. It definitely wasn't a Sergeant's shield.
          A lot of agencies use that style of shield, my NY EMT sheild looks just like the detective style sheild. So who knows what he was.

Comment

• How long to get our results is 6-8 months a safe bet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisac View Post
              How long to get our results is 6-8 months a safe bet?
              Yeah. Mta likes to take their time. If you used the duplicate sheet you can have an idea of your score next month

Comment

There was a plainclothes LEO (BTO I assume) with a gold shield (NYPD Detective style) who was in the lobby next to security when I went in, I thought it was the same guy who made the announcement in the auditorium.
                Anyone you saw with a detective style sheild was just an MTA employee. MTA sometimes buff out with their gold shields. There were no BTO's there.

Comment

• Read thru this thread about MTA badges, seems that MTA Superintendents, Supervisors and some other positions are allowed to wear badges that resemble police badges
                  http://www.nyctransitforums.com/foru.../40910-badges/

It's possible the few folks wearing badges today were MTA bosses, but not BTO's or any other type of LE. Just civilian bosses of the MTA. I saw two females wearing detective style badges but were definitely not LE material....

Comment

• Well now that testing is over, let's discuss some of the questions

Anyone have any particular questions that tripped them up? I love the one about free sneakers! I wonder if people actually think it's ok to accept free sneakers in lieu of a summons?

Comment

• I just couldnt believe i had ten minutes to memorize one scene.

Comment

• Originally posted by WILLDOGS View Post
                        Well now that testing is over, let's discuss some of the questions

Anyone have any particular questions that tripped them up? I love the one about free sneakers! I wonder if people actually think it's ok to accept free sneakers in lieu of a summons?
                        I took the test today and it was for the most part unbelievably easy as previously stated by many others before me. I was tripped up about Question #24. It involved a 4 car accident with 1 car leaving the scene. Witnesses were describing the car that left but the details weren't provided? I was a bit stumped as to whether or not it was a printing error? I definitely saw some questionable wording/grammar on a couple of the questions. So I guess my question is were you suppose to look at the 4 choices and pick the most consistent one?

Comment

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                          The word is a class by the end of the year. How they plan on doing it- I don't know.
                          As Ive said earlier in this thread, you will be SHOCKED throughout processing at how many people do not realize this is a law enforcement position when taking the exam...some people even make it to swearing in before the realize it.
                          I doubted the whole "people not knowing this was a LEO position" statement until I overheard some of the conversations people had while I waited on line. It left me speechless honestly......

Comment

• lol yea the test was way too easy, even the memorization was easier than usual. The place I took it at had assigned rooms and seat numbers, this proved too difficult for some test takers and led to some arguments.

Comment

• Originally posted by spect1 View Post
                              I took the test today and it was for the most part unbelievably easy as previously stated by many others before me. I was tripped up about Question #24. It involved a 4 car accident with 1 car leaving the scene. Witnesses were describing the car that left but the details weren't provided? I was a bit stumped as to whether or not it was a printing error? I definitely saw some questionable wording/grammar on a couple of the questions. So I guess my question is were you suppose to look at the 4 choices and pick the most consistent one?
                              Exactly...if 3 people said the car was blue, and 1 said it was green, it was most likely blue. If 3 people said there were 2 occupants, there most likely were, and so on and so on.

Comment

Exactly...if 3 people said the car was blue, and 1 said it was green, it was most likely blue. If 3 people said there were 2 occupants, there most likely were, and so on and so on.
                                Typical Question in a LE test

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10379 users online. 425 members and 9954 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X