Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tbta 5606

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    well its good they are going with the cooper standards. I wonder if they will be the same exact standards as the rest 29 push-ups,38situps, 1.5mile 12.38. Or will they be a little less strict. But I don't under stand why they would do a 6 month academy unless they would give them police officer status instead of peace.

    Comment


    • #47
      If that's the case this should be fun (for me anyway) I love the challenge. I think it should be more strict why should this be a cake walk our job ( if we get it) is to serve and protect nyc. Peace officer, police officer either way the public depends on security. These are bridges and tunnels everybody rides them and uses them they need to be heavily guarded and checked daily

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Junior214 View Post
        If that's the case this should be fun (for me anyway) I love the challenge. I think it should be more strict why should this be a cake walk our job ( if we get it) is to serve and protect nyc. Peace officer, police officer either way the public depends on security. These are bridges and tunnels everybody rides them and uses them they need to be heavily guarded and checked daily

        I couldnt agree with you more. The most attractive terrorist targets are the bridges, tunnels and subway system due to the high number of possible casualties. Therefore the law enforcement authority (Peace/Police officer) will have to be on their "A" game.

        Comment


        • #49
          Law enforcement is great. I see people post on this all the time and the energy is always high. You guys/gals are hungry we need that in this field. Im from nyc and it looks like a lot of you are as well. Which ever team you get on (police,corrections,court,sheriff,tbta)
          Make the best of it. New York is our home I love it and say it proudly.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Junior214 View Post
            Law enforcement is great. I see people post on this all the time and the energy is always high. You guys/gals are hungry we need that in this field. Im from nyc and it looks like a lot of you are as well. Which ever team you get on (police,corrections,court,sheriff,tbta)
            Make the best of it. New York is our home I love it and say it proudly.
            hey guys/gals, quick question.....do you get residency credits such as 5 extra points on the exam for living in NYC, similar to what they do for the NYPD exam? if not, do vets get any extra credit, or is the highest you can get for everyone taking the exam is a flat 100?

            Comment


            • #51
              No state agency

              Comment


              • #52
                Application period is officially over. Wonder how many applied?
                I myself have began working out and dieting (lord knows I can use it). Also taking care of a minor injury that could possibly DQ my down the road. Never too early to start!

                P.S. I picked up the practice exam book from amazon, it's not bad and has actual past test examples inside.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Ayeeeeeeeeeeee
                  Last edited by MrSoriano; 10-25-2014, 06:09 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by MrSoriano View Post
                    What does a person have to score to get a call? What score do I need to get in order for me to be below list #400
                    How is anyone supposed to know that answer ?
                    55.......

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
                      How is anyone supposed to know that answer ?
                      Oh, I don't know? Maybe someone who took the previous exam scored a 93 and landed below list #400?

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by MrSoriano View Post
                        Oh, I don't know? Maybe someone who took the previous exam scored a 93 and landed below list #400?
                        How do you know the same exact number of people are going to take the test ? Your asking such a bad question.
                        55.......

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
                          How do you know the same exact number of people are going to take the test ? Your asking such a bad question.
                          Maybe it'll be less than the previous exam, or maybe it'll be more, which is why it's called estimating. Go look up what that word means.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by MrSoriano View Post
                            Maybe it'll be less than the previous exam, or maybe it'll be more, which is why it's called estimating. Go look up what that word means.
                            Don't get mad because your asking stupid questions. What if none scores a 90 what if one person only scores a 90 hmmmm that's why your question is so stupid. I'm glad I don't have to worry about you
                            55.......

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
                              Don't get mad because your asking stupid questions. What if none scores a 90 what if one person only scores a 90 hmmmm that's why your question is so stupid. I'm glad I don't have to worry about you
                              Yea, because in every civil service exam only one person scores a 90.
                              Last edited by MrSoriano; 10-22-2014, 02:38 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by MrSoriano View Post
                                What does a person have to score to get a call? What score do I need to get in order for me to be below list #400
                                What he means to say, it's a bad question because you need to know How many people actually will take the test and what they scored before even coming up with a decent estimation. Otherwise there is no possible way to just "guess".

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12006 users online. 481 members and 11525 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X