X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wo 150
    replied
    Originally posted by NYPD14AUX View Post
    Tbta is civil service though, they cant just get rid of the BTOs, they were also given peace officer status after 9/11 and secure the bridges and tunnels from future terrorist attacks. It would be a liability to get rid of them just like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    First TBTA received their Peace Officer status in the late 70's, Gov Wilson signed the bill. As far as your statement that they can't get rid of BTO's, that is not true. They can keep their BTO's and as they retire just not replace them and turn over the Bridges and Tunnels to the MTA Police. Now I am not saying they are going to do it, but that possibility is always out there

Leave a comment:

• NYPD14AUX
    replied
    Tbta is civil service though, they cant just get rid of the BTOs, they were also given peace officer status after 9/11 and secure the bridges and tunnels from future terrorist attacks. It would be a liability to get rid of them just like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• WILLDOGS
    replied
    Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
    The tbta will not be hiring for a long time . Here is some good information from a great source .

Officially from the union mta has no intentions of hiring anytime soon
    In fact btos from the cbb mpb bbt qmt will be displaced in 3 months or so. Which will leave us over staffed. They want to eliminate toll booths / cash lanes
    And gates on the ezpass
    And there it is. Great.
    How do we get our money back?

Leave a comment:

• Brooklynsfinest93
    replied
    Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
    The tbta will not be hiring for a long time . Here is some good information from a great source .

In fact btos from the cbb mpb bbt qmt will be displaced in 3 months or so. Which will leave us over staffed. They want to eliminate toll booths / cash lanes
    And gates on the ezpass
    Well guess I'll stick with mta police or Nypd but thanks for the update lol guess say good bye to tbta unless there's something new that will be coming up

Leave a comment:

• CO HOPEFUL
    replied

And gates on the ezpass

Leave a comment:

• TrunkS3
    replied
    Originally posted by Brooklynsfinest93 View Post
    Just finished and passed my medical for Nypd, I hope by the time in July of 2017 mta will have the list for tbta and they will have a date for medical and physch, lll be able to move over to tbta
    You're better off in the city.

Leave a comment:

• WILLDOGS
    replied
    Originally posted by onmymeal View Post
    With the rockaways the tunnels going gateless, better not count on this exam. I would demand a refund.
    Correct i've said that before in this thread. The Henry Hudson Parkway automated toll test was a success! So much so that they are knocking down the toll booths!

Here is what the Henry Hudson (And all future crossings) will look like with fully automated tolls: http://patch.com/new-york/rivertowns...-plazas-2017-0

Now you tell me, where the hell do you see a spot to post any Officers in that picture? Nowhere!

This is the future of the TBTA/MTA Bridges and Tunnels. Sure they will still need a skeleton crew of officers for some crossings, especially the tunnels, but nowhere near the numbers they have today.

I have a feeling they have no idea what to do with this test now and just letting as much time as legally possible go by before releasing the scores in hopes that applicants have moved onto other jobs and the numbers of people who are actually still waiting for results are minimal.

If they time it right, they can slowly phase out Officers over the next 20-25 years through retirement while rolling out a new automated crossing every year or so and relocating officers to other nearby crossings as needed.
    Last edited by WILLDOGS; 08-02-2016, 06:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• onmymeal
    replied
    With the rockaways the tunnels going gateless, better not count on this exam. I would demand a refund.

Leave a comment:

• WILLDOGS
    replied
    Disregard I had bad info
    Last edited by WILLDOGS; 08-02-2016, 10:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Brooklynsfinest93
    replied
    Originally posted by Marvin911 View Post
    Did you take the court officer exam too?
    Nah, didn't get a chance to but I will be taking the mta police exam that's coming out and the fdny entrance exam and to reply to the gentlemen before Marvin, I'm still in school right now, got a year half left so lol not in a rush because I got some time to figure things out if I wanna deal with the quota system or not, but nice that your a fed, if I decide to do Nypd I wouldn't switch over to tbta

Leave a comment:

• Marvin911
    replied
    Just finished and passed my medical for Nypd, I hope by the time in July of 2017 mta will have the list for tbta and they will have a date for medical and physch, lll be able to move over to tbta
    Did you take the court officer exam too?

Leave a comment:

• Robert_212
    replied
    Nice...hope all goes well for you....So in other words, you would be willing to give up a career in nypd where you would more opportunities to move within and by far a better salary for tbta?...i'm a fed officer and i wouldnt in my right mind switch to TBTA for numerous reasons

Leave a comment:

• Brooklynsfinest93
    replied
    Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
    I think for some of us that are in law enforcement in a city Peace Officer agency are looking for a better over all agency to transfer our time too...

Leave a comment:

• nycapomts
    replied
    I think for some of us that are in law enforcement in a city Peace Officer agency are looking for a better over all agency to transfer our time too...

Leave a comment:

• Robert_212
    replied
    How many people really want the job for what it is?....i think vast majority want the job because it entitles them to a gun and peace officer status with most just having a high school diploma or GED...

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 15819 users online. 477 members and 15342 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X