Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent ! Job well done !

Comment

• Crazy video..can't believe the guy tried to flee a second time. Lucky he didn't kill anyone. Quick thinking shutting down the bridge and great job by the officers! It's really amazing how little regard some people have for the lives of others..

Comment

• So as far as we know its still an 11 week acadamy right?

Comment

• It's 5-6 months
          sigpic

Comment

• I want thank gbotj for always coming back show love. Also this video just re-affirms my views on wanting this job. So Ver***ano looks good to start.lol
            Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• Surprised they don't have a quasi ESU of shorts due to the amount of MVAs and jumper ups they get . Seems like they would be used more than mta'a esu in the city. Sgt. there has been numerous times where I've seen an mta pd rmp sit outside the QMT Manhattan side. What's that about.

Comment

• city ESU does a fine job on our facilities, and responds quick. However a lot of times we have whatever it is under control by the time they arrive. Keep in mind, for the auto accidents, we use our wreckers to right an overturned car, or jack knifed truck, we have air bags, and some equipment on them, they also have some Firefighting equipment for car fires, putty for fuel leaks etc.

Once a month we usually run checkpoints at our facilities with TSA NYPD MTAPD, that may be why you see MTAPD cars. They do not do any type of enforcement though
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                  city ESU does a fine job on our facilities, and responds quick. However a lot of times we have whatever it is under control by the time they arrive. Keep in mind, for the auto accidents, we use our wreckers to right an overturned car, or jack knifed truck, we have air bags, and some equipment on them, they also have some Firefighting equipment for car fires, putty for fuel leaks etc.

Once a month we usually run checkpoints at our facilities with TSA NYPD MTAPD, that may be why you see MTAPD cars. They do not do any type of enforcement though
                  thanks again for the all the info. And good luck if your on that LT exam that just got established

Comment

• Wow they changed it after all these years. 5-6 months. So perhaps the pt changed aswell??
                    Gbot thank you for your time n info. I read the entire thread that you were on when you were trying to get otj. And now your helping others. So thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
                      Surprised they don't have a quasi ESU of shorts due to the amount of MVAs and jumper ups they get . Seems like they would be used more than mta'a esu in the city. Sgt. there has been numerous times where I've seen an mta pd rmp sit outside the QMT Manhattan side. What's that about.
                      Its a security post. Stop by and say Hi sometime.

Comment

• Originally posted by REDBIRD1031 View Post
                        Wow they changed it after all these years. 5-6 months. So perhaps the pt changed aswell??
                        Gbot thank you for your time n info. I read the entire thread that you were on when you were trying to get otj. And now your helping others. So thanks.
                        Yes, you can expect PT in this academy. Rumor is for 6mos. Good luck.

Comment

• Let the training begin!

Comment

• Originally posted by Frenchy View Post
                            Its a security post. Stop by and say Hi sometime.
                            I know it's a security post for TBTA just was wondering why sometimes mtapd was there

Comment

• Thank you frenchy . I was in top physical form last year then i got lazy haven't worked out in almost a year better get back to work real quick

Comment

• Originally posted by REDBIRD1031 View Post
                                Thank you frenchy . I was in top physical form last year then i got lazy haven't worked out in almost a year better get back to work real quick
                                In my case..same thing happened to me. I guess thats what happens when you have a girlfriend. But now im getting back into the training game.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10449 users online. 444 members and 10005 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X