Clear All

• Originally posted by Junior214 View Post
    That would be great stay in shape

Nypd exam 3319 5xx
    Nyc doc 3303 5xx
    Special officer 3329 list 3xx
    NYS court officer tbd 2015?
    Bto 5606 tbd 2015?
    Yeah and considering that tbta officers (from what i heard) do 4-8 hours a day overtime, a gym room or basement would be great. Whos going to have time to go to their local gym especially working that many hours lol. Better off showing up to work an hour early, get a quick workout, and when your done..punch in.
    Last edited by impact87; 02-23-2015, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Each facility is completely different, no matter how close they are to each other. Before you graduate the academy, they give you a list of facilities, and you list your preferences in order, you get a facility based on your seniority and the vacancies at that facility. Keep in mind, almost half or more of every class gets assigned to the RFK bridge, and your facility is your facility. You are not sent anywhere else (that may change with the new hires though). The only facilities you will have a choice to go to is RFK Bronx, RFK Manhattan, Throgs Neck, Whitestone, QMT, BBT, and the Verrazano.
      In my opinion the tunnels and RFK are the best choices, tunnels have a ton of different assignments, and the RFK just handles every kind of incident, from gun runs, assaults, dwi's, EDPs constantly, heroin OD's on the walkways, it's actually pretty fun there in that respect, but it's definitely not the nicest of places to work.
      sigpic

Comment

• Each facility does have a gym, some of them are really nice, some are ****ty. On the whole our admin buildings are significantly nicer than NYPDs Pcts, it's not uncommon to have NYPD cops coming in and using our bathrooms, eating in our lunchrooms etc
        sigpic

Comment

• Anyone find any good practice exams online?

Comment

• Hey gbotj, thanks alot for the information about the facilities, especially knowing each facility has a gym too. Glad to know half or more of every class gets assigned to RFK bridge since that is my first pick.

Comment

• Stoppp. Your making me want this job more!!

Comment

• Great question nycapomts , i think most of us would choose a pro law enforcement site, that being said we're not quite sure which one are those. So i guess location would most likely determine my decision. So henry hudson would be my fantasy choice but i think i read somewhere its a manless bridge, and if i would have to guess i would say its not very busy. So i would have to say whitestone . Because of location
                Last edited by REDBIRD1031; 02-24-2015, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• Great info gbot. Appreciate you coming back on every once in a while. Plainsilver vanished, lol Speaking of plain.. did you ever meet any guys from this forum OTJ?
                  Last edited by REDBIRD1031; 02-24-2015, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• Hey banedroid
                    patience grasshopper.....

Comment

• Most of my family n freinds are in law enforcement . Ive been to quite a few precincts and the bathrooms n showers n locker rooms are pretty bad.
                      Last edited by REDBIRD1031; 02-24-2015, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Tbta 5606

Let's try not to count the months once this exam is taken lets go back to our regular lives and patiently wait for our time. im hungry like you guys but this isn't my first civil service exam I've waited almost two years for nypd and haven't started my process. I can wait for this no problem and I'm sure you gentlemen have done the same.

Nypd exam 3319 5xx
                        Nyc doc 3303 5xx
                        Bto 5606 tbd 2015?
                        Last edited by Junior214; 02-24-2015, 07:34 AM.

Comment

• Impact your hilarious.. Just say every bridge tunnel n facility lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Junior214 View Post
                            Let's try not to count the months once this exam is taken lets go back to our regular lives and patiently wait for our time. im hungry like you guys but this isn't my first civil service exam I've waited almost two years for nypd and haven't started my process. I can wait for this no problem and I'm sure you gentlemen have done the same.

Nypd exam 3319 5xx
                            Nyc doc 3303 5xx
                            Bto 5606 tbd 2015?
                            Specially when they have 20k people trying for about 200 spots for the length of the exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by REDBIRD1031 View Post
                              Impact your hilarious.. Just say every bridge tunnel n facility lol
                              Lol gotcha.

Comment

• http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...293888481.html

Pretty good article, just goes to show. You could take tolls one day and the next do some $hit like this.
                                Last edited by gbotj; 02-24-2015, 04:05 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7701 users online. 374 members and 7327 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X