Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HighwayBob
    commented on 's reply
    Lawsuit for what? There is no requirement I know of that mandates hiring off of an established list. I took the SCPD test in 1996 and there was a cheating scandal that test. They did establish a list but never hired anyone off of it. There is no basis for a lawsuit that I can see.

• CO HOPEFUL
    commented on 's reply
    I think we all have to file a class action lawsuit to get the list moving .

• HighwayBob
    replied
    Originally posted by Crash Test View Post
    So almost 3 years and 9 months left until the list expires. If no one is called by January 31, 2020 that will make 6 months down the drain. I can hear that little jingle from the final Jeopardy round playing as we wait and wait and wait some more. Has anyone on this thread called the TBTA this month to ask for an update. I tried but all of the phone lines just keep ringing and no one answers. NYCTA exams unit said they have nothing more to do with this process and keep directing me to TBTA.

Honestly, I cannot imagine them hiring anyone. I don't know what the civil service rules are and I've heard speculation that because the test was given they were required to come out with a list but that doesn't mean they have to hire anyone off of it. I wouldn't be counting on it if I was you.

With the toll plazas gone there really isn't a whole lot for TBTA to do. Yeah, they have some security posts, and deal with accidents, but it's nothing that NYPD/SP/MTAPD couldn't easily deal with if needed.

I think TBTA will slowly die through attrition at this point. Just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Crash Test
    commented on 's reply
    I know they are going to have to call people eventually but it seems like they are intentionally dragging this out and running down the clock. If they hire only one class off this list it would be legal. They could hire one class each year until the list expires and that would be legal too. Of course we hope they hire multiple classes each year but.... there goes that Final Jeopardy theme song again!

• Crash Test
    replied
    So almost 3 years and 9 months left until the list expires. If no one is called by January 31, 2020 that will make 6 months down the drain. I can hear that little jingle from the final Jeopardy round playing as we wait and wait and wait some more. Has anyone on this thread called the TBTA this month to ask for an update. I tried but all of the phone lines just keep ringing and no one answers. NYCTA exams unit said they have nothing more to do with this process and keep directing me to TBTA.

Leave a comment:

• LEOAssist
    commented on 's reply
    We waited a decade for a list, what's another 10 yrs going to do... oh I know I'll be collecting my pension and still waiting to be called.

• PuertoRican_COP
    replied
    Seems like we will be waiting for a long time as well.. MTA is hiring police officers to work in transit and Bridge and Tunnel was suppose to place 100 officers in the subway as well but not a word yet..........

Leave a comment:

• Crash Test
    replied
    Going on 2 months since the list was established and no movement yet. I think it's funny how the MTA is RUSHING to hire 500 MTA Police Officers to put in the subway system and they have a Bridge and Tunnel Officer list of people who as of next month will have officially been waiting 5 years since filing opened Oct of 2014! The MTA regaining control of law enforcement in the NYCTA system is great. Before the hostile take over in 1995 the New York City Transit Authority Police were on the buses riding the lines and once control was given to the City ( NYPD ) the focus was the trains only! So I actually wished that the MTA would take over again but I thought it would be with a New or reestablished Transit system police department. It would have made sense to give people on the 5606 list the opportunity to go process for MTA Police since they are rushing to hire 500 to put in the subway. The MTA has done this before with Bus Operator list when they offered people Conductor instead and they offered people from TA Bus Operator list the job with MaBSTOA ( non civil service ) and people needed to work so they took it. Also they during 2009 layoffs they offered the laid off Civil Service operators the job with MTA bus. Those who took it complained when they realized they lost Civil Service status. Hopefully some movement will happen by the end of this year.

Leave a comment:

• Crash Test
    replied
    The MTA is hiring for MTA Police Officer! It was posted to the website on 9-06-19 and they also had it on the news this evening. They are looking to hire 500 NEW Police officers to place in the subway system to combat fare evasion, deal with the homeless population, and last and I do mean last protect NYCTA employees ( sure ) ! The fee is $40 for the test which is scheduled for sometime in 2020 and according to the news they are looking to rush hiring so if you meet the age and college/military requirement I would suggest you apply.
    Last edited by Crash Test; 09-12-2019, 07:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NYBseBall89
    replied
    Any BTO's here that can PM me for a couple of questions? Currently in NYPD and have a few questions before considering whether it's worth it to change careers or not. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• PuertoRican_COP
    replied
    Been quiet hopefully they start processing people soon

Leave a comment:

• Crash Test
    commented on 's reply
    I had asked one of the BTOs earlier in the parking lot and he said the 2 inches but that was pertaining to the beard. He said the tattoos are fine as long as it is not something that could be deemed anti Politically Correct, hate , or gang related. There was another one there today that had long dreads that were hanging down his back and he didn't have a hat on. Is that a religious exception?

• Magic_Wealthy
    commented on 's reply
    lol @ Merlin

Thanks for clearing that up Razor183

• Razor183
    commented on 's reply
    And hair can not reach collar bone. No pony tails and cant interfere with the hat.

• Razor183
    commented on 's reply
    Facial hair can not be more than 2 inches in length and must be neatly trimmed. No tattoo policy but def should be covered when going to court. Goodluck.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8798 users online. 450 members and 8348 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X