Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gbotj
    replied
    Well the merger talks definitely aren’t merely a rumor at this point, however there is nothing too substantial for me to believe otherwise this early in the game. Things with Tbta change every year, we have so many outside influences on our job that one minute the mta makes a decision, followed by the governors office making another call, then finally Tbta decides to do something they want. Between the economic downfall circa 2008-2010 when TBTA was pinching pennies, to cuomo ordering cashless tolling and elimination portions of the job, working with the troopers, and now basically doing the job of MTAPD and NYPD Transit. The truth is no one knows what’s going on other than the mta telling us they plan on using us in the subways for a long long time and that it’s going to be a major function of our job.

Leave a comment:

• nycapomts
    replied
    By far this Agency is very unorganized but then again it is the MTA, what I do know is that alot of this folks on the job know something and are not sharing it. I truly wish they would hire. Don't understand the point spending lots of money on a new academy facility etc if no plan in hiring.

Leave a comment:

• nycapomts
    replied
    Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
    Hi guys, so my contact told me that it looks more like a merger happing with MTAPD this first time he tells me this. Also he said that DCAS has the exam and waiting to stablish the list, I find that weird because it was MTA that gave the exam.
    Really, I am going to to take a walk to DCAS and ask see what information I can get.

Leave a comment:

• Anti-crime
    replied
    Originally posted by CloudPuncher View Post
    A LT who is on the BTOBA board told me himself that they were in the process of certifying the list and will be hiring off it when he came to my agency for training. Maybe someone who's on the job like gbotj can confirm. I will ask a friend who works at QMT. I know people are hesitant to believe they will actually hire because of the whole fiasco with this exam but let's stay positive. If you don't know or haven't heard anything from a competent authority, don't state things matter-of-factly.
    It's crazy how people listhen to made up merger talks then people actually on the job

Leave a comment:

• CloudPuncher
    replied
    A LT who is on the BTOBA board told me himself that they were in the process of certifying the list and will be hiring off it when he came to my agency for training. Maybe someone who's on the job like gbotj can confirm. I will ask a friend who works at QMT. I know people are hesitant to believe they will actually hire because of the whole fiasco with this exam but let's stay positive. If you don't know or haven't heard anything from a competent authority, don't state things matter-of-factly.

Leave a comment:

• CO HOPEFUL
    commented on 's reply
    I don’t understand why they changed the wage progression and medical costs if they don’t even plan on hiring. Makes no sense at all

• CO HOPEFUL
    commented on 's reply
    The word is never

• gbotj
    replied
    Everyone is still flying out the door. No amount of money will keep these guys working. The $70k retro checks may make them leave even before 20!

Leave a comment:

• CO HOPEFUL
    replied
    All of you guys on the list for tbta officer can forget about being called .they will not create this list at all . Think about it logically .the alleged mass exodus of next year will not happen now because of the big pay rise officers are receiving plus the merger into mtapd will make the mtapd overstaffed plus guys will be staying longer because their pensions will be bigger . All of you guys should Try for another agency if you can because this one will not hire anyone mark my words . The list will Be thrown out and all of us will receive a refund .

Leave a comment:

• Magic_Wealthy
    commented on 's reply
    That is MUSIC to my ears right now.
    Thanks for coming back and posting with us gbotj ! Keep us posted on any updates.

• gbotj
    replied
    Any transit time counts up front

Leave a comment:

• Theout
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Magic_Wealthy
    commented on 's reply
    any idea on what step 1 salary would be ?
    And you saw alot of transit guys come over for the retirement, so my MTA time would count on the front end of TBTA time correct ? (I have 8 in, come to TBTA and do 12 more)

• Magic_Wealthy
    commented on 's reply
    you might be mistaking....I remember DCAS administering this exam.

• Magic_Wealthy
    replied
    If they mere with MTAPD....that means they MUST be paid the same. and top pay for MTAPD is $99,380 after 7 years. makes sense right?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10884 users online. 453 members and 10431 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X