Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinosaur32
    replied
    NYSP and NYPD absolutely do not want every agency in their jurisdictions to be merged into them. It would be a nightmare trying to assign jobs as they come in and many agencies have Officers with specific duties. How would that be handled? Other large agencies like Corrections or Courts would not willingly cede their authority to a PD.

Leave a comment:

• SHINYBADGE
    replied
    Originally posted by Anti-crime View Post

Yup I see NYSP MTA bus merger too since they have the same colors as NYSP as well oh and TLC police with NYPD they have the same colors too. Allot of mergers coming .
    Honestly every NYS agency should merge with NYSP and every NYC police agency should merge with NYPD. This way we only have 2 dept in NYS. Its like that in many counties.

Leave a comment:

• Stoneface LEO
    commented on 's reply
    *Dealing with a child*
    *Takes deep breath before responding to post*
    MTA is a Public Benefit corporation which means the state controls it. With that in mind and the ****ing contest going on between the governor and the Mayor it's not a far fetched thought. Why do you think the governor deployed NYSP to patrol in NYC? Why do you think the governor changed TBTA cars to blue/gold from white/blue?

• bklynproud
    replied
    LOL Anti=crime, The reason why RMP Vehicles change their colors is because they are a NYS agency not NYC, Does anyone know if the 6 months academy was implemented, For if and when they decide to hire new officers?

Leave a comment:

• Anti-crime
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoneface LEO View Post
    I can see a merger in the future with NYSP since their RMPs are the same color now.
    Yup I see NYSP MTA bus merger too since they have the same colors as NYSP as well oh and TLC police with NYPD they have the same colors too. Allot of mergers coming .

Leave a comment:

• m.p.c
    replied
    NYSP are state certified police officers, TBTA are certified peace officers, therefore they'd have to go through additional training. It wouldn't be that easy to just merge them

Leave a comment:

• BaneDroid
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoneface LEO View Post
    I can see a merger in the future with NYSP since their RMPs are the same color now.
    Wouldn't nysp just replace them. I don't think the state police would merge with a different agency.

Leave a comment:

• BaneDroid
    commented on 's reply
    Lol same boat as you right now. I'm on the DSNY side as of now but I do like the TBTA.

• Stoneface LEO
    replied

Leave a comment:

• S13ChrisM
    commented on 's reply
    Tbta academy is now going to be 6 months from what I herd.

• SHINYBADGE
    replied
    Originally posted by CloudPuncher View Post

That would be a huge pay bump but would require more training for TBTA Officers. I think they scrapped that idea a long time ago. Do you really think the greedy MTA would want to pay all TBTA personnel 35k+ more a year?
    It was scrapped because the TBTAs and union voted it down... sure they could pay out 35k more a year rather than going through a hiring process and paying pension, benefits, academy for new MTA recruits.

Leave a comment:

• CloudPuncher
    replied
    Originally posted by SHINYBADGE View Post
    I can see them being merged with MTA police and doing patrol on the bridges and tunnels just like PAPD.
    That would be a huge pay bump but would require more training for TBTA Officers. I think they scrapped that idea a long time ago. Do you really think the greedy MTA would want to pay all TBTA personnel 35k+ more a year?

Leave a comment:

• CloudPuncher
    replied
    Originally posted by RequestingMeal View Post

I'm not on the TBTA "job". Just common sense. There's no need for the same number of personnel before and there really was never a need for that department before-hand anyway. Just a political toy for the state, nothing more.
    I don't see it lasting too long.
    Don't get me wrong, I hope the ones who took the test, including my wife, have an opportunity to get finally hired...but I just don't see it.
    I guess I'm just optimistic but I think they will hire off rhe list. Even if they decide a few years down the road that there's no need for enforcement, they can't just let everyone go, it's civil service.

Leave a comment:

• SHINYBADGE
    replied
    I can see them being merged with MTA police and doing patrol on the bridges and tunnels just like PAPD.

Leave a comment:

• WILLDOGS
    replied
    Originally posted by RequestingMeal View Post

I'm not on the TBTA "job". Just common sense. There's no need for the same number of personnel before and there really was never a need for that department before-hand anyway. Just a political toy for the state, nothing more.
    I don't see it lasting too long.
    Don't get me wrong, I hope the ones who took the test, including my wife, have an opportunity to get finally hired...but I just don't see it.
    TBTA has now pivoted to Toll/Speed Enforcement now. The state has gotten them more RMP's (Cars) and are keeping the job alive. Why? Revenue.

The Job isn't going away just yet.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13255 users online. 454 members and 12801 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X