Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gbotj
    replied
    Everyone is still flying out the door. No amount of money will keep these guys working. The $70k retro checks may make them leave even before 20!

Leave a comment:

• CO HOPEFUL
    replied
    All of you guys on the list for tbta officer can forget about being called .they will not create this list at all . Think about it logically .the alleged mass exodus of next year will not happen now because of the big pay rise officers are receiving plus the merger into mtapd will make the mtapd overstaffed plus guys will be staying longer because their pensions will be bigger . All of you guys should Try for another agency if you can because this one will not hire anyone mark my words . The list will Be thrown out and all of us will receive a refund .

Leave a comment:

• Magic_Wealthy
    commented on 's reply
    That is MUSIC to my ears right now.
    Thanks for coming back and posting with us gbotj ! Keep us posted on any updates.

• gbotj
    replied
    Any transit time counts up front

Leave a comment:

• Theout
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Magic_Wealthy
    commented on 's reply
    any idea on what step 1 salary would be ?
    And you saw alot of transit guys come over for the retirement, so my MTA time would count on the front end of TBTA time correct ? (I have 8 in, come to TBTA and do 12 more)

• Magic_Wealthy
    commented on 's reply
    you might be mistaking....I remember DCAS administering this exam.

• Magic_Wealthy
    replied
    If they mere with MTAPD....that means they MUST be paid the same. and top pay for MTAPD is $99,380 after 7 years. makes sense right?

Leave a comment:

• CO HOPEFUL
    replied
    Yes that’s correct they are looking to merge with mtapd

Leave a comment:

• nycapomts
    replied
    Hi guys, so my contact told me that it looks more like a merger happing with MTAPD this first time he tells me this. Also he said that DCAS has the exam and waiting to stablish the list, I find that weird because it was MTA that gave the exam.

Leave a comment:

• gbotj
    replied
    You would keep your tier, we’ve had a lot of bus drivers and transit guys come over for the retirement. As a new hire you would start back from step 1 salary though and pay the 2% into medical.

Leave a comment:

• Josel1992
    commented on 's reply
    CO hopeful .. I think that’s incorrect info,
    I just started with the city and people in my class that were tier 4 prior to starting this new job were able to remain tier 4

• CO HOPEFUL
    commented on 's reply
    A new contract has nothing to do with what tier you are in . They are 2 separate things. You would still be treated as a new hire regardless if you are currently a city employee or in the Nycers system .

• Magic_Wealthy
    commented on 's reply
    VERY good question. Because I'm tier 4. going on 8 years with NYCTA. (Train Operator now)

• DocMorbid
    replied
    Originally posted by gbotj View Post
    With this new contract they created a new wage progression of 2 additional steps to top pay for new hires (7 years now), new hires pay 2% into medical. The MTA is still working towards additional work rule changes (more LE oriented than current work rules) and they probably won’t hire until those work rules are changed.
    Does that apply to people who have X amount of years working for the city (prior to tier 6), with their pension in NYCERS?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6724 users online. 323 members and 6401 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X