X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CloudPuncher
    replied
    Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
    Why is that weird ? The current officers have annual training so there is a need for an academy for them not necessarily new recruits. They will not hire new people believe me
    . The tbta officers will be absorbed into the mta police like they wanted to do years ago .
    Again, are you guessing or did you hear something credible from a competent authority?

Leave a comment:

• CO HOPEFUL
    replied
    Why is that weird ? The current officers have annual training so there is a need for an academy for them not necessarily new recruits. They will not hire new people believe me
    . The tbta officers will be absorbed into the mta police like they wanted to do years ago .

Leave a comment:

• S13ChrisM
    commented on 's reply
    It’s just a little weird that they spent money on a new academy building just to not hire. Unless they just use that academy for MTAPD and in-service

• CloudPuncher
    replied
    I did think it was a little odd that the email from the exams unit posted by bklynproud said we would be "hearing information" soon and not that the list would be established soon.

Leave a comment:

• CloudPuncher
    replied
    Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
    We are going to get a letter in the mail that states the list will not be established and we will get a refund . Trust me
    Are you just guessing or have you heard actual credible information?

Leave a comment:

• S13ChrisM
    commented on 's reply
    O man I hope not

• CO HOPEFUL
    replied
    We are going to get a letter in the mail that states the list will not be established and we will get a refund . Trust me

Leave a comment:

• CelticLEO
    replied
    hopefully it's something optimal...

Leave a comment:

• bklynproud
    replied
    Hopefully we hear some good news soon PuertoRican_COP.

Leave a comment:

• S13ChrisM
    commented on 's reply
    I wonder if MTAPD is going to use that academy instead of using NYPD considering it’s suppose to be a 6 month academy now.

• PuertoRican_COP
    commented on 's reply
    That’s a positive sign

• bklynproud
    replied
    Screenshot_20190723-173637.png

Leave a comment:

• gbotj
    replied
    The new academy was built due to the old one being located within the structure of the RFK bridge and was a health and safety concern. As peace officers we are required to train yearly on deadly physical force, OC and baton, we also do yearly physical and defensive tactics along with elective courses. We needed a place to train so they built a spot for us.

Leave a comment:

• CloudPuncher
    replied
    Originally posted by Magic_Wealthy View Post

I dont beleieve it. Not one bit. Dont they have a brand new academy ?? Why spend all that money and then not put ot to use. I spoke to a BTO like 3 weeks ago at the marine park bridge and he told me otherwise. And this wasnt a 2 min conversation. This was a good 15 min convo. He has less than 2 years remaining until he retires so im pretty sure he knew what hebwas talking about. The whole MTAPD merge thing is definitely going to happen but it wont happen overnight. Thats takes a while. I thing getting the senority aligned alone takes a whole lot of time. Not to mention for SGTs LTs etc.
    And that's part of what's keeping me hopeful, despite what I just heard from an Officer. MTA has invested too much to not hire off this list and they are in need of new blood due to attrition. The LT I spoke to a few months back was adamant they would be hiring off this list so I'm still hopeful but not banking on it.

Leave a comment:

• Magic_Wealthy
    replied
    Originally posted by CloudPuncher View Post
    nycapomts I wasn't accusing you of anything, it just sounds a little thin. You can easily take a screen shot and edit your address out.

What I heard from a BTO was that those otj that can pass "new requirements" will be POs and be absorbed by MTAPD. Those that can't will stay BTOs. The title will be phased out and that they will not hire off this exam and will instead use MTAPD going forward. I know we've heard things like this before but it was stated to me as if these are renewed talks about it.

Obviously this is not set in stone and we have heard so many different things over the years. We should take it with a grain of salt. Like some BTOs have mentioned here, they (MTA) don't even know what they wanna do. They seem to change their minds often. All we can do is hope for the best.
    I dont beleieve it. Not one bit. Dont they have a brand new academy ?? Why spend all that money and then not put ot to use. I spoke to a BTO like 3 weeks ago at the marine park bridge and he told me otherwise. And this wasnt a 2 min conversation. This was a good 15 min convo. He has less than 2 years remaining until he retires so im pretty sure he knew what hebwas talking about. The whole MTAPD merge thing is definitely going to happen but it wont happen overnight. Thats takes a while. I thing getting the senority aligned alone takes a whole lot of time. Not to mention for SGTs LTs etc.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11941 users online. 447 members and 11494 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X