Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goldcuff
    replied
    That's what I was told and this is the information I am relaying. When an agency is ready to hire the list will get established, until then it stays in limbo
    Last edited by goldcuff; 06-15-2016, 06:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sinnyc
    replied
    Does anyone know if you transfer from another city/state agency will you stay in your current Nycers Tier?

Leave a comment:

• krull
    replied
    Originally posted by goldcuff View Post
    The agency hasent requested the list ,, if they were in need of officers it would o happened quick, it's apparent there is still a wait
    You are confusing establishing and certifing a list those are two different things.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• goldcuff
    replied
    The agency hasent requested the list ,, if they were in need of officers it would o happened quick, it's apparent there is still a wait

Leave a comment:

• Qns_Ny 22
    replied
    I remember talking to a bto not to long ago and he said they desperately need new officers, and on top of that they need to fill more than we all thought. He didn't even include the ones who will be up for retirement in the next few years and what not. Idk, we're all just getting frustrated about the longevity of this entire process. When the MTA is ready they'll start hiring.

Leave a comment:

• CloudPuncher
    replied
    That sounds a little more certain than previous e-mails from them. If I remember correctly, didn't the previous ones say it COULD take up to another year? Now this one is saying AT LEAST another year? I thought a few BTOs said that TBTA needed people badly. Are they just filling the gaps by hiring TBTOs to do toll collection? It's been a while since the last test so I find it a little hard to believe that they aren't in need of Officers.

Leave a comment:

• Tomar111292
    replied
    Originally posted by krull View Post
    TBTA does not have to request a list in order for one to be established, all the tests that I have taken before were established between 3 to 4 months.

I don't understand why they taking so long to tell us our score, this makes no sense what so ever.

a buddy of mine took the MTA property protection agent exam and he didn't get his results for at least 2 years.

Leave a comment:

• krull
    replied
    Employment said tbta has not requested the list. In other words, there arent any spots to be filled. may take a bit more time unless hundreds of tbta officers decide to retire very soon
    TBTA does not have to request a list in order for one to be established, all the tests that I have taken before were established between 3 to 4 months.

I don't understand why they taking so long to tell us our score, this makes no sense what so ever.

Leave a comment:

• SendHelp
    replied
    Originally posted by Rh992 View Post
    But those are toll collectors. They are fully staffed in the aspect of public safety. MTA is more likely to keep rotating on hiring temps to collect tolls versus filling spots permanently.
    I'm really not sure what they are since the little note states they are paid annually and temp BTOs are paid hourly.

Can anyone otj clarify?

Leave a comment:

• Rh992
    replied
    Originally posted by SendHelp View Post
    I think there are spots to be filled. In the monthly B&T committee meeting documents they are showing 150+ BTO vacancies. Its possible they don't have the curriculum ready.
    But those are toll collectors. They are fully staffed in the aspect of public safety. MTA is more likely to keep rotating on hiring temps to collect tolls versus filling spots permanently.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• SendHelp
    replied
    Employment said tbta has not requested the list. In other words, there arent any spots to be filled. may take a bit more time unless hundreds of tbta officers decide to retire very soon
    I think there are spots to be filled. In the monthly B&T committee meeting documents they are showing 150+ BTO vacancies. Its possible they don't have the curriculum ready.

Leave a comment:

• goldcuff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Anti-crime
    replied
    Originally posted by Qns_Ny 22 View Post
    Well so from what I understand there was just quite a few people promoted to sergeant this week. Which means things could "possibly" start moving for us in the near future HOPEFULLY. And if what I heard was correct congrats to the guys and gals who got promoted.
    As per mta exams unit
    "The list has not yet been established. Once it has been established, you will receive a letter in the mail with your results. It will take at least another year before you get your results."

Leave a comment:

• Anti-crime
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueDragonNYC View Post
    Anyone would think this logically, right?
    With the government logical things don't happen unfortunately

Leave a comment:

• BlueDragonNYC
    replied
    Originally posted by Qns_Ny 22 View Post
    Well so from what I understand there was just quite a few people promoted to sergeant this week. Which means things could "possibly" start moving for us in the near future HOPEFULLY. And if what I heard was correct congrats to the guys and gals who got promoted.
    About 12 of them were training about 4 weeks ago at Randall's Island.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4347 users online. 153 members and 4194 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X