X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DocMorbid
    replied
    Originally posted by Crash Test View Post
    I also asked about the information from open data with the names, scores and list #s and DCAS stated that the information is not official. I don't know if this is true just stating what DCAS told me about it.
    The list isn’t official until you physically have that envelope in your hand stating the final grade and list number, or when an official finalized list is published. The link with the names and numbers just seems like a preliminary “list” of people that took the test and their score, and the list numbers are possibly the numerical number that their original test application was received, or the numerical order that specific answer sheet that was popped into the scantron machine.

Leave a comment:

• Crash Test
    replied
    I also asked about the information from open data with the names, scores and list #s and DCAS stated that the information is not official. I don't know if this is true just stating what DCAS told me about it.

Leave a comment:

• Crash Test
    replied
    I don't think anyone is more annoyed than me! Since 2015 just trying to get information has been like a full time job. NYCTA examinations unit said they just administered the test and to call DCAS who said they have nothing to do with giving civil service test for the MTA and directed us to call Bridges and Tunnels who said they didn't give the exam and we should contact NYCTA exams unit. A few months ago NYCTA exams unit said that our scores and list # would be sent to us but NOT by DCAS and that DCAS is not going to be involved with this process but they are just going to hold the list. So after I checked the automated system and heard 5606 in there I called DCAS to speak to a live person and when I asked him who was going to be sending out the info and he said DCAS. He then went on to say that he doesn't know why the NYCTA exams unit would say that. I'm glad that progress is being made but I'm sure many of us will remain on the edge of our seats until they start calling people for the orientation.

Leave a comment:

• CO HOPEFUL
    replied
    I’m pessimistic by nature so don’t take it personally

Leave a comment:

• PuertoRican_COP
    commented on 's reply
    You have to remember in 03 they had a low salary plus the job was still new. Now it will be more difficult to get in depending on how many people they need to hire for posts and how many people retire.

• PuertoRican_COP
    commented on 's reply
    Hopefully they start processing soon and put a class in even if it’s a small class of 50-100.

• gbotj
    replied
    CO Hopeful with more words of wisdom, the job in 2003 compared to the job today is like comparing apples to footballs. Truth is we could look to get down to 0 names or 500 or 1,000 or 5,000. It all depends on the headcount. Right now we’re putting out roughly 3 cars at a bridge on a tour and the previous tour stuck for doubles each day. Tunnels have additional posts which means even more OT. Highway is depleted to almost nothing, along with 200 Officers deployed daily throughout NYC to patrol the buses. Factor in the mass exodus starting this November, they are going to need a lot of people. Not to mention 5 years since the exam means thousands will probably no longer want the job or can’t take the job or even pass the hiring process.

Leave a comment:

• CO HOPEFUL
    replied
    Hey guys , here is some food for thought . On the 03 exam they only got up to the 1400’s as far as list #’s and that took 4 years and remember they are not gonna hire as many today because there is less of a need for tbta officers so
    if you are in the top 500 I think you have a shot at getting called the rest of us are finished .

Leave a comment:

• PuertoRican_COP
    replied
    Originally posted by Magic_Wealthy View Post

It'll get there. As CloudPuncher said, half the people who even showed up for the exam didnt know this was a law enforcement career. Weed out all of them already. Another half or more will not pass physical and/or background checks. Also, I know a couple people who are now DOC, NYPD, parks police, etc. who took this exam but wouldnt take the job now. Not everyone can do the pay cut/start over.
    I'm doing $110k+ now in my current title. Williing to take a pay cut for TBTA.
    I am willing to take a pay cut as well. Been waiting for this exam for a while. I got called for sanitation as well but I really want a good law enforcement career. I don't think the list will go so low because currently the agency has about 1000 officers. It all depends on the needs of the department and who is retiring. I just wonder when will they start sending canvas letters out.

Leave a comment:

• Magic_Wealthy
    replied
    Originally posted by PuertoRican_COP View Post

Hopefully they get that low on the list not sure how many Officer they would need. It’s a small department as it is. I’m guessing they may get down to the first 300?
    It'll get there. As CloudPuncher said, half the people who even showed up for the exam didnt know this was a law enforcement career. Weed out all of them already. Another half or more will not pass physical and/or background checks. Also, I know a couple people who are now DOC, NYPD, parks police, etc. who took this exam but wouldnt take the job now. Not everyone can do the pay cut/start over.
    I'm doing $110k+ now in my current title. Williing to take a pay cut for TBTA.

Leave a comment:

• Magic_Wealthy
    replied
    Originally posted by PuertoRican_COP View Post
    Anyone know the process order for this job ? Are they using the cooper standard?
    Yes. Cooper standard.

Leave a comment:

• Magic_Wealthy
    replied
    Originally posted by WILLDOGS View Post
    97.5 list 1300's

Keep in mind the link posted is unofficial and is from the Open Data set on NYC.GOV. This only means they have the data on their servers, doesn't mean anything else.

We still have to wait for them to establish and certify a list, if they even do. Let's cross our fingers.
    List is already certified......

Leave a comment:

• PuertoRican_COP
    replied
    Anyone know the process order for this job ? Are they using the cooper standard?

Leave a comment:

• WILLDOGS
    replied
    97.5 list 1300's

Keep in mind the link posted is unofficial and is from the Open Data set on NYC.GOV. This only means they have the data on their servers, doesn't mean anything else.

We still have to wait for them to establish and certify a list, if they even do. Let's cross our fingers.

Leave a comment:

• perpwatcher
    replied
    96.25 But I doubt I'll leave my current agency!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9922 users online. 473 members and 9449 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X